Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
    I, too wait for the 700P to be out on Verizon. By then somebody may have the Hollywood2 or the Lowrider 1.5.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Its the wait. And rumors. And off topic posts.

(best not discuss phone colors)
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    The wait? What about us GSM users? We will have an even longer wait! It will be months and months later, most likely. Why should GSM users always get these things last?

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi gharrod!!

I love how your mind works.

Let me add to what Insertion said:

The Palm Secrecy Police did call me and a later comparison of notes with Merlyn_3D showed that it was the same person. He was tracking down n4cer and his document. This could be why n4cer has not continued to post.

I posted n4cer's document to the thread (the copy of which, the PSP requested and I sent) but I did not have an original. So they have nothing to come get from me. As for asking me to xxxxx the xxxxx up (be quiet), that might be a violation of free speech. Of course, I would be willingly be bought off by the providing of two free 700Ps immediately.

Of course -- since there are so many counter claims going on in this forum, the PSP probably think I am just being taken as the babbling PPR resident and there is no reason to ask me to be quiet. In fact, asking me to be quiet would only be a confirmation of my information on the product, which they denied even existed.

This could be a great spy novel. How many "tune in next week" plot twists can we come up with here? Since Palm/Sprint are in no hurry to put this misery to an end -- this is all we have to entertain ourselves with.

Cheers, Perry.
    Your comment about not asking you to be quiet because it would validate the point is part of the problem. They didn't so that invalidates your claim is my point. If this were true and they want to keep it hush hush they would find some way to appease you into not saying anything or simply strong arm you into it with legal recourse. it is not freedom of speech if you know insider information concerning public companies which may have an effect on their stock prices. That is why I am wondering why they felt your information would be not valuable enough to either discredit or validate.

Further, my point is brought home in a post saying the individual had wished he would have waited to buy his phone and waited (or return) his phone. Now you get a 3rd party company involved who takes a hit because of the leak. I know this all sounds super conspiracy but I am in an industry where one of our compettors took a hit on their sales numbers and it cost my company 20% of our stock value in one day and it has taken 6 months to gain that faith back in the marketplace. Companes like these guard their information with iron claws and legal fangs.

REMINDER: I would love to see a new Treo out which is a quantum leap over anything out and I would even consider switching back under the right conditions. This is NOT an attack on Perry NOR is it anti-Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    The only way that it's going to be a WM5 device is if Palm truly made a pact with the devil (Bill) and is being paid a LOT of money to NOT release a Palm OS version. If that is the case Perry better make room for me in the PPR.
    Knowing the way MS does business I am betting they own some Palm stock and probably have difinitive agreements on what OS Palm uses in future devices. The convergence of the marketplace for smartphones has started.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    This is some classical stuff here, will you be needing representation Perry? I could stand in as a character witness.

Let's think about this and Palm's very aggressive attempts at keeping info about the alleged 700P at bay.

First the Verizon 700W was broad casted all over the INTERNET in Oct. 05 and the device wasn't released until Jan. 06. I don't recall hearing any reports of the Palm secrecy Police removing this information. This information on the INTERNET back in Oct was NOT an official announcement, it was leaked information but Palm did nothing about it. So again why is Palm running around trying to stifle all information concerning the 700P.

I think Palm may want to rethink there release protcol, I think sales are being hurt more this way then the wait to the last minute way. People generally don't wake up one morning see the 700P for $600 was released and run out the door to go buy it. Most people PLAN there purchases. Except for those real impulsive people. Most people also wait for reviews to come in before they drop $600 on a device. Expect those on TC .

Point being this business practice of the 11th hour release announcement is ridiculous.
    So you are saying Perry is a character? lol

Viking you and I are on te same wavelength. I am sorry people but there are some things that just do not add up on this issue. I claimed the May28th date made no sense at all and now it is mgically June 9th. June 9th makes no sense either but I understand it was just a best guess scenario. I am betting if we are not confirmed by May 9th with FCC filings being available for viewing and the manual not being posted that there is still no impending release. Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Could this be because the "P" version is not supposed to see the light of day? This is just way too much intrigue and skullduggery for a lousy phone. There's got to be more too it.
    This is the most valid argument I've heard. Palm spending so much time and effort to run down an errant phone, or a “release document” makes no sense unless it’s for a device they once planned to release, but have decided not to. I'm starting to become a non-believer, Perry HELP!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    This is the most valid argument I've heard. Palm spending so much time and effort to run down an errant phone, or a “release document” makes no sense unless it’s for a device they once planned to release, but have decided not to. I'm starting to become a non-believer, Perry HELP!
    I still think a POS will come out, I do wonder why the manager I know confirmed that the individual we know as Merlyn 3D had a new Treo running Palm, yet in the same breath told me to expect a Treo running Windows to be available in the early June time frame (originally late May, but a 2 week delay was announced early in March). Maybe there are 2 OS coming out, I really do not know what to think since Perry believes his source and I have no reason to doubt the regional manager (other than he works for Sprint). Oh well, as the sands of time drop through the hourglass of life so to do the rumors of a new Treo drop through TC.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Your comment about not asking you to be quiet because it would validate the point is part of the problem. They didn't so that invalidates your claim is my point. If this were true and they want to keep it hush hush they would find some way to appease you into not saying anything or simply strong arm you into it with legal recourse. it is not freedom of speech if you know insider information concerning public companies which may have an effect on their stock prices. That is why I am wondering why they felt your information would be not valuable enough to either discredit or validate.

Further, my point is brought home in a post saying the individual had wished he would have waited to buy his phone and waited (or return) his phone. Now you get a 3rd party company involved who takes a hit because of the leak. I know this all sounds super conspiracy but I am in an industry where one of our compettors took a hit on their sales numbers and it cost my company 20% of our stock value in one day and it has taken 6 months to gain that faith back in the marketplace. Companes like these guard their information with iron claws and legal fangs.

REMINDER: I would love to see a new Treo out which is a quantum leap over anything out and I would even consider switching back under the right conditions. This is NOT an attack on Perry NOR is it anti-Palm.
    Hi gharrod!!

First: Sorry for what happened with your company.

Second: Same information -- different interpretation. I take it as they do not want to validate the data by asking me to be quiet. As well, how many people have posted that the have talked to a CSR/MGR/Employee and they have said such and such. As I said 2 weeks ago -- the S.S. Palm Secrecy ship has sprung so many leaks -- they may have given up (unless another beta model shows up.) Some of the leaks say PalmOS, some say WM5. Which ones do they chase? What about the 3rd party accessory web site that had a page up referring to the 700P and 700W? (A link is somewhere in the 1,527 posts.)

As far as the 700p goes, my sources are well placed and in different positions. The 700P exists and it is coming to market, dstrauss will owe me a Stabucks card! Too much has flowed under the bridge. Field testing started awhile ago. Stores have been notified. CSRs are confirming it. Ed C. and company have already spoken to it indirectly. The train has left Palm Station -- we are just waiting at the depot waiting to spy the train coming around the bend.

Join me g -- I know you will remain unconvinced until you can hold it in your hand or Palm actually makes the press release but the overwhelming weight of circumstancial evidence demands that you believe in a 700P with EV-DO and at least 52mb of user memory plus other enhancements!

Believe, my friend, believe!

Or am I Slinky #2?

You gotta choose.

(This middle theory that I am a pawn in some elaborate hoax just doesn't hold water.)

So what memory do you think will be in the 900P: 128mb or 256mb?

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/14/2006 at 07:19 PM.
  10.    #130  

LOL -- read the above Post #130, download two PalmOS freeware programs to play with and call me in the morning.

Cheers, Perry.
  11.    #131  

If this was the case -- and they tracked down Merlyn_3D's phone because it was a beta for a device that was not to see the light of day --- WHY would a memo go out to Sprint store managers a MONTH later saying it was coming out?

Does not compute!

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/14/2006 at 09:35 PM.
    If this was the case -- and they tracked down Merlyn_3D's phone because it was a beta for a device that was not to see the light of day --- WHY would a memo go out to Sprint store managers a MONTH later saying it was coming out?

Does not compute!

Cheers, Perry.

Perry I believe Sprint corporate knows full well that a internal document such as a phone release document is not exactly safe from public viewing when it's released to store managers. They must realize that there is a 95% chance that the document will make it to the public. So releasing information to store managers is just like releasing it to the public.

It's not like the Sprint reps have been tight lipped about this release, they all seem to have an opinion on it. If they were suppose to be tight lipped about it there doing a terrible job of that.

So ANYTHING is possible here for all we know Sprint changed there mine and wants a WM5 700. It's all so possible these delays and this Palm Police crap is just that crap and means nothing. I wouldn't exactly bet any thing more then a $10 Starbucks card on it.
    Ok, I just spoke to my contact again a few minutes ago. The Treo 700p is most likely end of May, latest first week of June. he said said it as originally supposed to be mid may, but they are finishing up testing it. I asked if they could give my a price, she said it's $399 for a new 2 year contract, 499$ with 1 year. I qualify for a $75.00 discount, so $325.00 and she said Sprint will be offering specials ie. accessories when you purchase from them (probably) bt headsets. She looked at the computer and said it will be on the Power Vision Network EV-DO speeds (we knew that already), she said it did not list any specs like memory. She also said to call Sprint to order it instead of going to a Sprint store as they will have greater supply through telesales.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I remembered yesterday that a June release would mean end of year for any new GSM Treo, unless they're releasing the Hollywood over here. And that's also vaporware as of now.
    Looks like the 650 is it for me for the rest for the year(same as last year).

I'm going to go look at the 8125 within the next week. Which means I have to go back to HoFo and PDAPH.

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15.    #135  
    Anyone else out there in Overland Park, Kansas want to verify this conversation?

Hey Perry, I just left a corporate Sprint store in Overland Park, Kansas. Its a store on the Spint Campus, thats the world Head Quarters. Of course the techs there talk nonstop to all levels of sprint employees. My wife was a software engineer there for 5 years. They call it Sprint City. Its rumored to have its own zip code but Ive never checked that out. Any way they are openly telling anyone and everyone about the 700p!
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/15/2006 at 05:12 PM.
    Anyone else out there in Overland Park, Kansas want to verify this conversation?

Hey Perry, I just left a corporate Sprint store in Overland Park Kansas. Its a store on the Spint Campus, thats the world Head Quarters. Of course the techs there talk nonstop to all levels of sprint employees. My wife was a software engineer there for 5 years. They call it Sprint City. Its rumored to have its own zip code but Ive never checked that out. Any way they are openly telling anyone and everyone about the 700p!

I know that Palm will be dead (for me anyway) if they did not release the 700P; I will stick with the Treo 650 until I need the EVDO; then I would look at my phone options. Some sources are saying maybe late October for my location.

As I have said before; I am with Perry and we WILL see the 700P!!

Hey Perry, I just left a corporate Sprint store in Overland Park Kansas. Its a store on the Spint Campus, thats the world Head Quarters. Of course the techs there talk nonstop to all levels of sprint employees. My wife was a software engineer there for 5 years. They call it Sprint City. Its rumored to have its own zip code but Ive never checked that out. Any way they are openly telling anyone and everyone about the 700p!

I have two relatives who work for Sprint in Overland Park. I'll see what I can find out.
  18.    #138  
    Perry, If there is to be truth in advertising, I propose the following...

57 Days, give or take a few days

54 Days
    plus geatches's plus/minus
    Happy Easter!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  20.    #140  
    53 Days, plus geatches's plus/minus
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast