Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1334
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Uma, Oprah, Oprah, Uma.
    Sorry...I just can't beat this kind of insight!

:P
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I had a friend that only had one ball.
    Did he take it and go home in a huff?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Did he take it and go home in a huff?
    He took it everywhere he went. He was pretty much attached to it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #1184  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    perry never asked us to believe him and neither did gharrod. they both were just willing to share what they've discovered behind the scenes and we can take it or leave it.
    Well, actually I did ask the dstrauss, geatches and gharrod to believe --- something about friends don't let friends be wrong. . . . . . and wanting them to have the joy of being right.. . . . . . .
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Well, actually I did ask the dstrauss, geatches and gharrod to believe --- something about friends don't let friends be wrong. . . . . . and wanting them to have the joy of being right.. . . . . . .
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    He took it everywhere he went. He was pretty much attached to it.
    Did he walk in circles?
    I have an uncle with only one ball, too. Well, that's the rumor. And unlike with the 700p, I don't care to see any evidence.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    I have an uncle with only one ball, too. Well, that's the rumor. And unlike with the 700p, I don't care to see any evidence.
    There is a blurry picture out there.
    There is a blurry picture out there.
    You can find pretty much everything on the internet...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    You can find pretty much everything on the internet...
    Except bonefide sources for Treo 700p specs....
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Except bonefide sources for Treo 700p specs....
    I thought they all came here, posted once or twice never to be heard from again.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I thought they all came here, posted once or twice never to be heard from again.
    Ya see...that's why I'm striving for 200 posts in a week. No one will be able to accuse me of being a "Drive By" once I start posting about the 700P I've been using for the past month....

I want to be known as the "Parking Lot" poster...
    Against my better judgement I went ahead with the call. You first have to understand that I am not questioning Perry's sources and I have not asked him to reveal his because I respect his longevity in here and his objectivity. What peeved me this afternoon was that I felt Perry asked me why I needed any other sources. To date no one has given me proof positive of the existance of this product. Sadly after the phone call I have two distinct thoughts. First I still have no confirmation (this guy was damned good). Second is that I truly am more of a believer then before.

First things first. As I stated the other day this is not a Palm or Sprint (or any other carrier) employee. He is not Palm Secret Police or anything like that but this is someone which by now would have undeniable proof of the device.

He did not admit the 700P exists. He did not deny it exists. Based on my knowledge of his personality that says a lot to me that he has information verifying it exists. There was a lot of dancing going on. There was mention timeframes projected may be slightly off. No idea if off means by days, weeks or months inthis case. It was brought to my attention to pay sepecific attention to two items. Palm accounting periods and the fact Palm is doing a dog and pony show to investment houses (some of us saw the press release on this today in email) which lends me to believe they may make an announcement the week of May 22nd. I pressed to see if this was the case and got a resounding "no comment." I did not get into specifics of how much ram and so forth as that was not the purpose of my call. I can't put my finger on why but I get the distinct feeling that much of the secrecy has not to do with any sort of exclusivity but that there maybe an extra level of QC or production issues. Maybe they want to make sure the production units are up to par or the production levels can meet demand or something else I am not aware of. It was mentioned in passing that there was an unacceptable level of returns with previous models and that was one of the challenges any vendor would have to deal with to contain costs.

Thats it. In a nutshell I am leaning toward becoming a convert.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Let me be the first to offer you a great big glass of Kool-Aid...you can sit next to me at the back of the bus.
    Gharrod thanks for coming through and sharing, it's more fun on this side (knowing the 700p is on it's way)
    Jimmie Geddes
    Against my better judgement I went ahead with the call. You first have to understand that I am not questioning Perry's sources and I have not asked him to reveal his because I respect his longevity in here and his objectivity. What peeved me this afternoon was that I felt Perry asked me why I needed any other sources.
    I don't want to speak for Perry, but I can tell you that is NOT what Perry said, nor meant.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Thanks for the info gharrod.

I remain optimistic that by mid June, the 700p will be.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Against my better judgement I went ahead with the call. You first have to understand that I am not questioning Perry's sources and I have not asked him to reveal his because I respect his longevity in here and his objectivity. What peeved me this afternoon was that I felt Perry asked me why I needed any other sources. To date no one has given me proof positive of the existance of this product. Sadly after the phone call I have two distinct thoughts. First I still have no confirmation (this guy was damned good). Second is that I truly am more of a believer then before.

First things first. As I stated the other day this is not a Palm or Sprint (or any other carrier) employee. He is not Palm Secret Police or anything like that but this is someone which by now would have undeniable proof of the device.

He did not admit the 700P exists. He did not deny it exists. Based on my knowledge of his personality that says a lot to me that he has information verifying it exists. There was a lot of dancing going on. There was mention timeframes projected may be slightly off. No idea if off means by days, weeks or months inthis case. It was brought to my attention to pay sepecific attention to two items. Palm accounting periods and the fact Palm is doing a dog and pony show to investment houses (some of us saw the press release on this today in email) which lends me to believe they may make an announcement the week of May 22nd. I pressed to see if this was the case and got a resounding "no comment." I did not get into specifics of how much ram and so forth as that was not the purpose of my call. I can't put my finger on why but I get the distinct feeling that much of the secrecy has not to do with any sort of exclusivity but that there maybe an extra level of QC or production issues. Maybe they want to make sure the production units are up to par or the production levels can meet demand or something else I am not aware of. It was mentioned in passing that there was an unacceptable level of returns with previous models and that was one of the challenges any vendor would have to deal with to contain costs.

Source?

Show us the proof. Scan it in and attach it. Otherwise you have no proof and we toss it in the we don't know that heap of unfounded rumors.
    Sure you can give her name. Unless it is not the truth then you would have to make it up. Doom gave the name of a top level Sprint executive who confirmed there is no word of a 700P and you talk to a low level kiosker but can't identify her so we can verify her source of info?
    The 3rd quote was directed at me and my Sprint contact. I was asked not to give her name, and I'm sure Gharrod's source also asked not to release their name, or did they? It's cool if you can't or don't want to give it out.
    Jimmie Geddes