The doc was legit.

The sources are not annonymus to me.

No letdown coming.

There will be a 700P.

It will be the first 700 on Sprint.

It will be named Treo.

It will be from Palm.

It will have a keyboard.

I even hear you will be able to make phone calls with it!

Why would n4cer come back and take the heat that has been generated by this? As I have said -- you folks are being polite with me. And even though I knew giving any date change information would spawn a whole new wave of disbelief -- I did it anyway -- for one, it was the right thing to do and two, that is how much I trust my sources. Besides, a 1 to two week slippage on a general (internal to the company and not for the public) release date given two+ months ahead of the target date is not a biggie in my mind. I now know why ED C. and company only talk in terms of "this year" and why they were so upset with the Sagio "roadmap" leak last Fall and the aggressive dates given.

I am not here to beat my own drum. Circumstances have put me in this position. I have been given information that is of value and interest to the TC community. I trust it 110% and will pass it along and defend it. This is not FWIW commentary.

gharrod -- if this is wrong and I have been hung out to dry -- I will be the first to tell you -- you were right -- just as soon as I recover from having lost all faith in humanity.

57 Days

Cheers, Perry
    Let me ask this simple question. If Palm shut up Merlyn and others then why do they not go after you with threat of legal action to stop you from promoting the release date and after the sources you have who you consider so reliable? What I am getting at is I do not understand why they would go after the others but not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Let me ask this simple question. If Palm shut up Merlyn and others then why do they not go after you with threat of legal action to stop you from promoting the release date and after the sources you have who you consider so reliable? What I am getting at is I do not understand why they would go after the others but not you.
    More than likely because Perry doesn't have physical evidence. Merlyn had a phone that wound up in his hands, whether he bought it, his buddy was testing it, whatever, HE wasn't supposed to have it, and no doubt Palm wanted to know how he came to have it, and want him to play dumb from now on.

The n4cer doc is a legit doc. I'll back Perry on that. Again, it was internally EMAILED to Sprint managers, and not for public consumption. The fact that he had a copy, and posted it, no doubt caused a stir. The document is out and posted to various geek sites. What good would telling Perry to shut up now accomplish?

Now on a seperate tangent, I believe from what i have been told, is that the confusion between Palm/WM5 is that originally, as VZW was rolling out their 700w, there was a memo sent out stating that Sprint would be adding this once the VZW exclusive contract ran out. However, since that time, this new memo was put out (the n4er doc.) It is likely that the rank and file CSR's don't yet know of the 700p, however they were aware of the 700w memo, and are basing any comment of an upcoming 700w on that original doc. Or they may know of the n4cer doc, and still think it applies to the 700w that was mentioned at the begining of the year.
    Last edited by Insertion; 04/13/2006 at 08:08 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod

Hi gharrod!!

I love how your mind works.

Let me add to what Insertion said:

The Palm Secrecy Police did call me and a later comparison of notes with Merlyn_3D showed that it was the same person. He was tracking down n4cer and his document. This could be why n4cer has not continued to post.

I posted n4cer's document to the thread (the copy of which, the PSP requested and I sent) but I did not have an original. So they have nothing to come get from me. As for asking me to xxxxx the xxxxx up (be quiet), that might be a violation of free speech. Of course, I would be willingly be bought off by the providing of two free 700Ps immediately.

Of course -- since there are so many counter claims going on in this forum, the PSP probably think I am just being taken as the babbling PPR resident and there is no reason to ask me to be quiet. In fact, asking me to be quiet would only be a confirmation of my information on the product, which they denied even existed.

This could be a great spy novel. How many "tune in next week" plot twists can we come up with here? Since Palm/Sprint are in no hurry to put this misery to an end -- this is all we have to entertain ourselves with.

Cheers, Perry.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    snip
    Now on a seperate tangent, I believe from what i have been told, is that the confusion between Palm/WM5 is that originally, as VZW was rolling out their 700w, there was a memo sent out stating that Sprint would be adding this once the VZW exclusive contract ran out. However, since that time, this new memo was put out (the n4er doc.) It is likely that the rank and file CSR's don't yet know of the 700p, however they were aware of the 700w memo, and are basing any comment of an upcoming 700w on that original doc. Or they may know of the n4cer doc, and still think it applies to the 700w that was mentioned at the begining of the year.
    Munk! I believe you may have hit the nail on the head. I'm throwing out my "both" theory -- which I did not believe anyway.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Perry, If there is to be truth in advertising, I propose the following...

57 Days, give or take a few days
    56 Days (at midnight)

(plus geatches disclaimer)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    I think most of us have accepted that a Sprint 700P will be released, with the understanding that the specs might be a bit "up in the air".

I'm just concerned that we might have put it on pedestal that is too high
    I'll agree with that. Also, when will it be available for a GSM carrier That's my biggest question.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    The only way that it's going to be a WM5 device is if Palm truly made a pact with the devil (Bill) and is being paid a LOT of money to NOT release a Palm OS version. If that is the case Perry better make room for me in the PPR.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  8. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    56 Days (at midnight)

(plus geatches disclaimer)
    I suggest working it this way:

56 (give or take a few) Days
    Hi gharrod!!

I love how your mind works.

Let me add to what Insertion said:

The Palm Secrecy Police did call me and a later comparison of notes with Merlyn_3D showed that it was the same person. He was tracking down n4cer and his document. This could be why n4cer has not continued to post.

I posted n4cer's document to the thread (the copy of which, the PSP requested and I sent) but I did not have an original. So they have nothing to come get from me. As for asking me to xxxxx the xxxxx up (be quiet), that might be a violation of free speech. Of course, I would be willingly be bought off by the providing of two free 700Ps immediately.

Of course -- since there are so many counter claims going on in this forum, the PSP probably think I am just being taken as the babbling PPR resident and there is no reason to ask me to be quiet. In fact, asking me to be quiet would only be a confirmation of my information on the product, which they denied even existed.

This could be a great spy novel. How many "tune in next week" plot twists can we come up with here? Since Palm/Sprint are in no hurry to put this misery to an end -- this is all we have to entertain ourselves with.

Cheers, Perry.

How did they get your info?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    How did they get your info?
    He sent me an email to the address I have provided in my TC profile and it went from there. Very nice gentleman in very challenging job: tracking down loose documents and beta models, while all the while denying the product exists.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Cingular was supposed to have given you a refund if it was within 30 days.

Hmm, wish I had known at the time. I would have refunded Cingular just to take it back.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    The only way that it's going to be a WM5 device is if Palm truly made a pact with the devil (Bill) and is being paid a LOT of money to NOT release a Palm OS version. If that is the case Perry better make room for me in the PPR.
    Worry not vflopez, the 700P and I will see the light of day soon enough. It will be PalmOS. And I will have my $10 Starbucks gift card from dstrauss!

Cheers, Perry.
    Hey its the newbie, I've been following all the threads as you all know to learn what I can before purchasing anything for my business, I even looked at the 700w verizon of course, the only thing I see wrong with that phone is 32ram when it definitely needs 64ram, now if Sprint's 700 has 64 in my eyes the sales will be great and Sprint will take alot of their customers if they release with the same 32 ram this will fail, maybe Sprint got a clue and their trying to fix that problem thats why the delay. I Just hope for 64 at this point
    ....P.S. for dstrauss: If it is both at the same time -- do we claim a draw -- or the winner is the first version listed in the Press Release?
    I'll leave that up to you since you issued the challenge.

Worry not vflopez, the 700P and I will see the light of day soon enough. It will be PalmOS. And I will have my $10 Starbucks gift card from dstrauss!

Cheers, Perry.
    Looking at this last page of posts makes me feel like I'm reading a description of the Roswell incident cover up. Spies; trackers; denials; collecting all the parts of the space ship; destroying evidence.

WHY?

It's not like HP or Nokia or Samsung is going to copy the corporate jewels. And why so desparately run down all evidence of the alleged "P" model? Could this be because the "P" version is not supposed to see the light of day? This is just way too much intrigue and skullduggery for a lousy phone. There's got to be more too it. This is like spy vs. spy (for you old time Mad Magazine officianados).

Soooooo...don't count your lattes yet.
    Last edited by dstrauss; 04/13/2006 at 11:25 PM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetyteam
    Hey its the newbie, I've been following all the threads as you all know to learn what I can before purchasing anything for my business, I even looked at the 700w verizon of course, the only thing I see wrong with that phone is 32ram when it definitely needs 64ram, now if Sprint's 700 has 64 in my eyes the sales will be great and Sprint will take alot of their customers if they release with the same 32 ram this will fail, maybe Sprint got a clue and their trying to fix that problem thats why the delay. I Just hope for 64 at this point
    Hi tweetyteam!

I believe the speculated 64/52mm user available has always been in the mix for the 700P. We threw a big hissy fit when the 650 came out with 32/23mb. Plus I don't think they could react that fast from the 700W reaction.

Cheers, Perry.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I'll leave that up to you since you issued the challenge.

Looking at this last page of posts makes me feel like I'm reading a description of the Roswell incident cover up. Spies; trackers; denials; collecting all the parts of the space ship; destroying evidence.

WHY?

It's not like HP or Nokia or Samsung is going to copy the corporate jewels. And why so desparately run down all evidence of the alleged "P" model? Could this be because the "P" version is not supposed to see the light of day? This is just way too much intrigue and skullduggery for a lousy phone. There's got to be more too it. This is like spy vs. spy (for you old time Mad Magazine officianados).

Soooooo...don't count your lattes yet.
    1. Let's go with first listed.

2. Your right! Spy vs. Spy! But we here at TC have created this intrigue -- not Palm. They have always stated they will not release info early. For Palm-- it is a one horse show -- announce early and the current product dies hurting sales and cash flow and earnings. The other manufactures have many products and pre-release info seems to be their mode of operation.

Cheers, Perry.
    This is some classical stuff here, will you be needing representation Perry? I could stand in as a character witness.

Let's think about this and Palm's very aggressive attempts at keeping info about the alleged 700P at bay.

First the Verizon 700W was broad casted all over the INTERNET in Oct. 05 and the device wasn't released until Jan. 06. I don't recall hearing any reports of the Palm secrecy Police removing this information. This information on the INTERNET back in Oct was NOT an official announcement, it was leaked information but Palm did nothing about it. So again why is Palm running around trying to stifle all information concerning the 700P.

I think Palm may want to rethink there release protcol, I think sales are being hurt more this way then the wait to the last minute way. People generally don't wake up one morning see the 700P for $600 was released and run out the door to go buy it. Most people PLAN there purchases. Except for those real impulsive people. Most people also wait for reviews to come in before they drop $600 on a device. Expect those on TC .

Point being this business practice of the 11th hour release announcement is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    FWIW, here's my conspiracy theory: Palm made the 700w and has tried or is trying to incorporate some of the W aspects into the P version (e.g.: picture speed dial). Bill (and his lawyers) are not happy and don't want the P version released anytime soon. Bill's lawyers are claiming that a great deal of the technology in the P version is property of Bill. Ed is having to change and/or convince Bill that it is not from W.

This MAY be the reason for the delays and POSSIBLE bolckage of the P.
  19.    #119  
    New Name:

CONSPIRACY CENTRAL

For what it's worth...

Just got off the phone with a Sprint Business rep. The discount they give me for the company I work for went up and was just checking to make sure I got the current rate. I also asked about "any upgrade Treos that might be available". He stated that he has a Treo 700p listed but the status states .."coming soon". Just a bit of good news.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!