Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1334
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

"Press ReleaseSource: Palm, Inc.

Palm Executive Management to Present at Financial Conferences
    Monday May 8, 2:15 pm ET

SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 8, 2006--Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:PALM - News) executives are scheduled to present at the following financial conferences during the month of May:

-- Piper Jaffray 8th Annual Hardware & Communications Conference -- When: May 11, 2006, at 10:20 a.m. -- Where: The New York Palace - New York -- Presenter: Ed Colligan, president and chief executive officer, Palm, Inc. -- Other Palm attendees: Andrew Brown, chief financial officer, and Sandy O'Halloran, senior director of Investor Relations -- URL for webcast: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/staging/phoenix.zhtml?c= 128690&p=conferenceAgenda&id=1173558&day=1 (Due to its length, this URL may need to be copied/pasted into your Internet browser's address field. Remove the extra space if one exists.)

-- 34th Annual JPMorgan Technology Conference -- When: May 22, 2006, at 8:40 a.m. -- Where: The Westin St. Francis Hotel - San Francisco -- Presenter: Ed Colligan, president and chief executive officer, Palm, Inc. -- Other Palm attendees: Andrew Brown, chief financial officer, and Sandy O'Halloran, senior director of Investor Relations -- URL for webcast: http://equityconferences.jpmorgan.com/

-- Lehman Brothers Worldwide Wireless and Wireline Conference -- When: May 23, 2006, at 2:30 p.m. -- Where: The Waldorf-Astoria - New York -- Presenter: Andrew Brown, chief financial officer, Palm, Inc. -- Other Palm attendees: Sandy O'Halloran, senior director of Investor Relations -- URL for webcast: www.lehman.com/conferences/2006WWW"
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    The 6 month exclusivity period was clearly stated as that in the webcast. It was clearly and repeatedly stated.
    Nope. Listen to it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...obilityPR.mspx

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...gan#post930951

At the 34:00 minute mark Ed Colligan is asked directly about the exclusivity agreement and says
    "Verizon Wireless has been a great partner of ours and they are going to have a period of exclusivity on this product, we certainly plan to bring it to other networks ... other network technologies over time but it will be some time in the middle of next year before that happens"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    She was VERY nice I think we can all agree now that the 700p is real right? Maybe this is Gharrod's way of accepting that it truly exists Kidding.
    But is she hot??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But is she hot??
    Uma, Oprah, Oprah, Uma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But is she hot??
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Nope. Listen to it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...obilityPR.mspx

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...gan#post930951

At the 34:00 minute mark Ed Colligan is asked directly about the exclusivity agreement and says .
    ECHO, ECHO, ECHO....

Exactly one of my questions to day is: If there is a new device planned for a release soon why would Sprint not want to get the information out into the market and stop people who are hell bent on getting a Treo 700 to stop and not get the W from VZW but to wait a little while and get the P from Sprint?

I figure there are a couple good reasons Sprint would be best served to get the info out there ASAP is to stop W sales (which seem to be very brisk) and reduce the cannibalization of users (both corporate and individuals) to VZW. This is one of the compelling reasons I am not convinced the P exists.
    I can think of several:

1. Exclusivity agreement could include prohibitions on sale as well as new product announcements. What good is exclusivity agreement if people know that better, faster product is on the way. Would you buy a Ford Explorer today if ya knew that new Explorer hybrid was going on sale in 2 months for marginal cost above existing model ?
    2. Stock on hand with 650's
    3. Got burned last time....they released before other carrier sand then had hordes of complaints on volume and other problems which didn't haunt otehr carriers....want to finish testing phase and be sure there's a bug free deployment.

Personally i think Colligan pulled a fast one on Mr. G.

1. When a new product comes out, do they release the plain jane or the deluxe model first ?

2. If two products are released with prices 10 - 15% apart, what one is considered the "premium" or "deluxe" model ?

3. What's different between the 700p and 700w ?

4. What OS costs more to license ?

Desired conclusion to be drawn by the masses.... you can now get the "new and improved" 700p for only a few dollars more than the 700w. If the trade press endorses the 700p after unilaterally panning the 700w, that's going to leave an indelible impression on the gadget buying public.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Where is gharrod? It must be a long call.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    What? Someone has to ask the important questions around here.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    then you believe the exclusivity extended to all Palm/phone devices? If so then the P can not be released till July. And the interesting thing is only part of the leaks have proported to be from Sprint people. Others from Radio Shack and some from VZW.
    It's all to vague to state what it refers to (POS or WM5), what it includes (selling, announcing ?) or how long it lasts (middle means ?).

As for the leaks.....if I paid for an exclsuivity agreement and then saw Sprint apparenly violating it but I can't nail them on it cause I can't trace it to an official announcement.....I think I'd respond "tit for tat"
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Where is gharrod? It must be a long call.
    By the sounds of (one of) his last post(s) he isn't going to make the call and we might not see him again. Not sure what the deal is with him but I wish he'd calm down about it.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    By the sounds of (one of) his last post(s) he isn't going to make the call and we might not see him again. Not sure what the deal is with him but I wish he'd calm down about it.
    Thanks Xtant21 - I must have missed that post by Gharrod. This thread is over 20 pages today. Silly Season continues Perry!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Since Perry's sources are the end all and I have no right to question I have now cancelled the call. No use me spinning my wheels trying to find out anything since the season is over. Everyone can go home now. I am. See ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Thanks Xtant21 - I must have missed that post by Gharrod. This thread is over 20 pages today. Silly Season continues Perry![
    That was the post I was talking about...just so you can see it for yourself. Page 57.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    That was the post I was talking about...just so you can see it for yourself. Page 57.
    I'm taking my ball and going home.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Promise?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Promise?
    I was mocking gharrod.
  17.    #1177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Promise?
    You are behind by 18, Slacksman.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Oh
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    darn
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    I had a friend that only had one ball.