Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1334
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    The exclusivity was stated in the webcast, but I don't think anyone ever said the amount of time. I know that they did say Verizon had the exclusive during the webcast. I just don't ever remember hearing a number of months.

Here's a clipping from the transcript...

QUESTION: Ed, first of all, there is some model number for this Treo? And, secondly, how long is this period of exclusivity with Verizon Wireless, how long before we see it on other carriers?

ED COLLIGAN: Well, we'll just call it Treo on Windows for now. We haven't announced its specific naming nomenclature. As far as exclusivity, Verizon Wireless is a great partner of ours, and they are going to have a period of exclusivity on this product. We certainly plan to bring it to other networks, to other network technologies over time, but it will be some time into the middle of the next year before that happens.

You can see it as a whole at...

http://www.microsoft.com/billgates/s...26Mobility.asp
    So Ed C. never gave a concrete amount of exclusivity.
    Jimmie Geddes
    And Ed C. limited the exclusivity to "Treo on Windows."
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    So Ed C. never gave a concrete amount of exclusivity.
    I skimmed the rest of the transcript and couldn't find any reference to a specific amount of time from anyone...

I did, however, Google the terms exclusivity, palm, verizon, and windows and came up with several news articles that said something to the effect that "I appears they may have a 6 month exclusivity agreement" -- yet I could not find one article (granted, a 5 minutes search is not exhaustive) that definitively stated it was 6 months...
  5.    #1145  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Since Perry's sources are the end all and I have no right to question I have now cancelled the call. No use me spinning my wheels trying to find out anything since the season is over. Everyone can go home now. I am. See ya.
    Hey G !!

You mis-read me. I have been told my sources were perpetrating a hoax on me. I was just pointing out that you (right, wrong, or indifferent) were seeking some "truth" in all of this from a source. I was just pointing out that my sources have given me a "sense of truth" in this matter as well -- a consideration that I do not believe, I was given.

Cheers, Perry.
    The 6 month exclusivity period was clearly stated as that in the webcast. It was clearly and repeatedly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Here's a clipping from the transcript...

QUESTION: Ed, first of all, there is some model number for this Treo? And, secondly, how long is this period of exclusivity with Verizon Wireless, how long before we see it on other carriers?

ED COLLIGAN: Well, we'll just call it Treo on Windows for now. We haven't announced its specific naming nomenclature. As far as exclusivity, Verizon Wireless is a great partner of ours, and they are going to have a period of exclusivity on this product. We certainly plan to bring it to other networks, to other network technologies over time, but it will be some time into the middle of the next year before that happens.

You can see it as a whole at...

http://www.microsoft.com/billgates/s...26Mobility.asp

Since Perry's sources are the end all and I have no right to question I have now cancelled the call. No use me spinning my wheels trying to find out anything since the season is over. Everyone can go home now. I am. See ya.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Very true...but we don't see you as a raving lunatic.
    Speak for yourself!
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quite the drama queen today.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I guess that means you have been looking for an excuse to not have to call your "double secret source". Now you are taking your proverbial ball and going home.

Why should we believe your source since you don't believe Perry's?
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    and the silly season continues...

gharrod was clearly mistaken about the time frame. we all make mistakes...big deal. so many people said it was in the webcast it bevame fact through repitition when in fact it was not.

gharrod...you talk about being interested in truth...that is all this is.

also, go away if you must...but surely you know that our friend Perry meant nothing against ypou by his comments. This dialogue will continue with or without you but is more fun with you as a player.

hope to see you back soon!

cheers

Phil
    perry never asked us to believe him and neither did gharrod. they both were just willing to share what they've discovered behind the scenes and we ca take it or leave it.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Dutch, Your Avatar was a huge motivator for me to post my buddy's pic. Thanks for the great idea!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

that's Linus and he says no problem
  14.    #1154  
    Dutch, for TC Discussion Forum Goodwill Ambassador !!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Quite the drama queen today.
    gharrod picking up his phone call and going home just screams cartman here (yes, I'll bring up my old avatar) "screw you guys, I'm going home".

Come on gharrod...a guy like you who has been so adamant that "sources" no one is willing to surrender are worthless has to see the other side of the coin now. Maybe after your conversation you would have shared more info with us on who this mystery woman was but from this side of the fence we have no choice but to look at this the way you look at everyone else's story.

We want the info...we want the proof. Just as you've been preaching to us this whole time. Perry was just stating that he was never really given credit for his sources because he wouldn't divulge them to you. Right, wrong or indifferent Perry believes what they have told him...just as you say you would have put more faith in what your source may (or may not) have told you. I have to say, with all due respect, this is a little juvenilistic of you to just say screw it I'm not going to call now and I'm going home. Please, dude...we've come to expect better than that from you. I'm disappointed.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I second the motion. Anyone opposed? Hearing no dissent, the motion carries. Congratulations Dutch!
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Dutch - TC Discussion Forum Goodwill Ambassador

Let's get this made official

19.    #1159  
    Quick gavel, there Postal -- but we will take it.
    I think the frustration and angst apparent in the posts regarding the 700p are a result of the poor relationships between consumers and the carriers. In my case Sprint. I have never found any of the Sprint store techs, or higher level techs to be of much help. I am experiencing much the same feelings as I experienced the last time I was trying to deal with tech issues. By the time you get the problem resolved, it is almost as if the resolution is in spite of Sprint assistance rather than due to the assistance.

It appears that the ineptness, at least in the case of Sprint, goes much deeper that the tech level. It simply makes no sense from a marketing standpoint to stonewall and be evasive about the status of a particular product. Of, course they (sprint) may believe that the coy and evasive approach will serve to hype the product. From my point of view, they risk losing loyal buyers by this tact.
    Legalbeagle