Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1334
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey G !!

Not to be a jerk -- but obviously this phone call is with someone you respect and trust and their answers will give you a sense of "truth" to the matter. How is that any different from what I have been trying to say?

Cheers, Perry.
    You are right Perry. No more proof being needed so I guess I will call off the call and tell them I just accept everything told me without qualifications and be silent about it. Good idea. It was silly of me to accept I may want verifiable information of my own so that's it. Silly season is over because Perry says it is. We can all get back to our daily tasks and wait for the week of June 5th and thank Perry and his Palm secret police.

Life is good.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I believe that Verizon has the exclusivity only on the 700w, but June would be the 6 month mark. Palm knows not to preannounce anything, they learned from the lost sales of Palm Vx's when they preannounced the m500 series and were not close to shipping. Palm learned/lost a lot from that, Yankowski got booted out due to that one. June would be 6 months, and that is more than enough time to give the 700w it's spotlight.
    January +6 is July
    now now...let us all take a deep breath. we all believe more what we see and hear with our own eyes and ears. someone will be proven incorrect when this over but all is good. this has been the most civil debate of it's kind i've ever seen here. g...make your call...if you feel comfortable sharing any discoveries...very good. if not you can reach me in my pm box
    I am going by the calendar year, June is the 6th month
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I am going by the calendar year, June is the 6th month
    But July is the beginning of the 7th month...thus, 6 full months is complete at the end of June/Beginning of July.

I never got higher than a B- in Math...so take that for what it's worth.
    I think all of us are reading way too much into the Treo 700p,lol. It's only a Treo
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The exclusivity period is not exactly 6 months.
    I used your response to save clicking back to the original post

The "6 month exclusivity" period is an invention of forum users here and elsewhere. No responsible source has ever used that term to my knowledge. The word used by Ed Colligan was "midyear". Now one could take a literal interpretation of June 30 @ midnite and subtract January 5th and come up with 6 months but if someone said they start (or finish) playing regular season major league baseball around midyear I wouldn't argue too strongly.

To me "midyear" referes to a 3 month period between April 15th and August 15th. I wouldn't argue too hard with someone who said April 1 - August 30 as that gives a 4 month period each to the beginning, the middle and the end.

As for statements regarding that Srint employee have denied any knowledge, I had carrier stores tell me the 650 was "not out yet" a week after I bought one when I wa scalling and asking what accessories they carry. I just had Tech Support for D-Link tell me that the broadband router I am using is not a gigabit router (it is) ... he didn't even recognize the model number when the call began....yet "pressing 2 for router tech support" brought me to that *****. I got up to 3rd level tech support w/ D-Link and I knew more about networking and the capabilities of their product than they did.

To assume that "1st level" employees "have a clue" is a big and quite often erroneous assumption. How many times did we read here about CNG CSR's telling peeps they needed PDANet for the 650 ? It wasn'ta secret plot to extract more money outta peeps, it was not having the knowledge that just because a Treo was "like a BB", that doesn't mean it needs PDANet.
    OK...fact check time.

there was never an official statement regarding the LENGTH of the verizon exclusivity period.

there has been nothing but speculation. most said 90 days until 90 days had past, then 6 months become the commonly agreed upon time.

THIS DID NOT COME FROM ANY OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

if I am wrong...show me the source. Verizon's exclusive period may be over now for all we REALLY know.
    right on Jack!
    Dutch:

In one of the previosu threads on this topic, I posted the link to the webcast and the minutes on the timer in the recording where the "midyear" statement is made.
    I agree...I remember the comment. My point is they were very vague.
    I think all of us are reading way too much into the Treo 700p,lol. It's only a Treo
    Only a Treo?

Trust me, I'm a producer.
    ...we posted at the same. for the record I am agreeing with you
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Just wish Palm or Sprint would just lay an egg already...the toast is getting cold.
    Not gonna see no eggs with palm till within 15 or so days of "hatching"
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    The "6 month exclusivity" period is an invention of forum users here and elsewhere. No responsible source has ever used that term to my knowledge. The word used by Ed Colligan was "midyear". Now one could take a literal interpretation of June 30 @ midnite and subtract January 5th and come up with 6 months but if someone said they start (or finish) playing regular season major league baseball around midyear I wouldn't argue too strongly.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I used your response to save clicking back to the original post

To me "midyear" referes to a 3 month period between April 15th and August 15th. I wouldn't argue too hard with someone who said April 1 - August 30 as that gives a 4 month period each to the beginning, the middle and the end.

As for statements regarding that Srint employee have denied any knowledge, I had carrier stores tell me the 650 was "not out yet" a week after I bought one when I wa scalling and asking what accessories they carry. I just had Tech Support for D-Link tell me that the broadband router I am using is not a gigabit router (it is) ... he didn't even recognize the model number when the call began....yet "pressing 2 for router tech support" brought me to that *****. I got up to 3rd level tech support w/ D-Link and I knew more about networking and the capabilities of their product than they did.

To assume that "1st level" employees "have a clue" is a big and quite often erroneous assumption. How many times did we read here about CNG CSR's telling peeps they needed PDANet for the 650 ? It wasn'ta secret plot to extract more money outta peeps, it was not having the knowledge that just because a Treo was "like a BB", that doesn't mean it needs PDANet.
    Dang...and I worked so hard on that math problem!
    And keep this in mind...a "Verizon exclusive on the 700w" could also be marketing spin for "Sprint wasn't interested in the 700w and we just got Ev-DO working under Garnet and Sprint needs several months to field test it."
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    OK...fact check time.

there was never an official statement regarding the LENGTH of the verizon exclusivity period.

there has been nothing but speculation. most said 90 days until 90 days had past, then 6 months become the commonly agreed upon time.

THIS DID NOT COME FROM ANY OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

if I am wrong...show me the source. Verizon's exclusive period may be over now for all we REALLY know.
    The 6 month exclusivity period was clearly stated as that in the webcast. It was clearly and repeatedly stated.
    Since Perry's sources are the end all and I have no right to question I have now cancelled the call. No use me spinning my wheels trying to find out anything since the season is over. Everyone can go home now. I am. See ya.
    The exclusivity was stated in the webcast, but I don't think anyone ever said the amount of time. I know that they did say Verizon had the exclusive during the webcast. I just don't ever remember hearing a number of months.
    Jimmie Geddes