Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1334
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I think this is proof enough. We all know Sprint will be launching the 700p.
    Jimmie, zoom in on that picture of the phone and you will see it is a crappy cut and paste. There are no Sprint logo's nor are there the typical watermarks showing internal or confidential. This was either one of the sloppiest pieces of corporate communication or one of the worst attempts at hoaxing I have witnesssed.
  2.    #1102  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    how many days Perry?

3.    #1103  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Jimmie, zoom in on that picture of the phone and you will see it is a crappy cut and paste. There are no Sprint logo's nor are there the typical watermarks showing internal or confidential. This was either one of the sloppiest pieces of corporate communication or one of the worst attempts at hoaxing I have witnesssed.

And that is exactly the document that started this whole thing and that one of my sources called to confirm that it was legit and was sent to corporate Sprint Store Managers.
    Gharrod I just don't get how you can believe that there is no 700p. Are you still going to be talking to someone at 4 today about the existence/lack there of the 700p?
    Jimmie Geddes
    and yet other managers have no idea what we are talking about and say they never saw it. don't you find it funny not one verifiable Sprint employee has been in here posting information yet everyone claims to have their own Sprint rep story about being told the Phantom700 is on it's way...
    Will you fill us in on the information you get today?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Gharrod I just don't get how you can believe that there is no 700p. Are you still going to be talking to someone at 4 today about the existence/lack there of the 700p?
    I am, not sure I will get the answers I am seeking but it is set up. All I really want is the truth. I could care less about being right or wrong. Perception needs to match reality in the silly season.
  8.    #1108  
    then you believe the exclusivity extended to all Palm/phone devices? If so then the P can not be released till July. And the interesting thing is only part of the leaks have proported to be from Sprint people. Others from Radio Shack and some from VZW.

Two theorys:

1. The exclusivity period is not exactly 6 months.

2. The exclusivity agreement with Verizon on the 700W, also requests that any information on the 700P be withheld form the market place until the 700P is ready to launch on both networks and is formally announced. (This gives the WM5 Treo it's days in the sun.)
    Lots to respond to...

- Palm's execs have said on more than one occasion (within the last 6 months) that they plan to make additional Palm OS Treos and the 650 is not the last one. Whether or not a carrier will sell it is a different question, but I suspect that Palm doesn't move forward on expensive R&D without some level of carrier support.

- It would be a hugely stupid business decision for Palm *not* to produce additional Palm OS Treos because there is still a strong and loyal Palm OS market who have seen the WM offerings (including Palm's) and said "no thanks."

- I believe that Microsoft and Verizon are footing most of the bill for the big marketing effort for the 700w. I'd love to see Sprint do the same with the 700p, but I suspect they won't.

- Please provide evidence that the 700w is selling well. Maybe it is, but I don't believe real sales numbers have ever been released. Sprint may lose some current 650 users, but the number of us impatient old-timer early-adopters is a drop in the bucket to them. And why so sure that so many of us would leave for the Verizon 700w? Some might switch to a 6700. And I suspect that the bulk of Sprint 650 owners are the ones who got them within the last year (and, thus, are still locked in) for $100-300 or so, and are still pleased with what their 650 does for them.

OTOH, announcing the 700p now if it won't be ready for sale for another 30-60 days and/or they still have a large supply of 650 inventory could be a bad business decision.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I'm looking forward to hearing what you find out, keep us filled in. Good luck.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Speculation versus reasoning and good business practices. Seems to be the one constant in each of these discussions.
  12.    #1112  
    and yet other managers have no idea what we are talking about and say they never saw it. don't you find it funny not one verifiable Sprint employee has been in here posting information yet everyone claims to have their own Sprint rep story about being told the Phantom700 is on it's way...
    Not at all.

The Palm Secrecy Police have been very apparent this Silly Season.

Ask Merlyn.

What employee, beta tester, network tester of any ilk -- is going to knowingly stand up and say: "Here is my name, address, employee badge number and telephone number -- so that you believe me -- when I leak this secret information !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides -- you missed my "telesales call" post today.
    HE SAID: JUNE 01, 2006. (Treo 700, not P or W -- Treo 700)

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I believe that Microsoft and Verizon are footing most of the bill for the big marketing effort for the 700w. I'd love to see Sprint do the same with the 700p, but I suspect they won't.

. . . announcing the 700p now if it won't be ready for sale for another 30-60 days and/or they still have a large supply of 650 inventory could be a bad business decision.
    I think these two statements best explain why we're not seeing a "marketing blitz." Especially when you consider that the 700p is not a brand new beast like the w was (staying away from the minor/major update argument). Instead, it is a more evolved beast.
    I believe that Verizon has the exclusivity only on the 700w, but June would be the 6 month mark. Palm knows not to preannounce anything, they learned from the lost sales of Palm Vx's when they preannounced the m500 series and were not close to shipping. Palm learned/lost a lot from that, Yankowski got booted out due to that one. June would be 6 months, and that is more than enough time to give the 700w it's spotlight.
    Jimmie Geddes
  15.    #1115  
    Speculation versus reasoning and good business practices. Seems to be the one constant in each of these discussions.

It is a good business practice to not get yourself fired.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    It is a good business practice to not get yourself fired.
    Unless you hate your job, boss, or color of your cubical...
    No one would risk losing their job to leak information on a message board, I agree with you Perry. Who wants to get fired to please a bunch of people typing on message boards. Merlyn took a huge risk, and we appreciate it. Most people wouldn't do that though.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    No one would risk losing their job to leak information on a message board, I agree with you Perry. Who wants to get fired to please a bunch of people typing on message boards. Merlyn took a huge risk, and we appreciate it. Most people wouldn't do that though.
    Ya know...I just don't understand that. We're such nice guys & gals. I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to risk their job so that we would think they are cool. I mean, afterall, being labeled cool by the TC forums is like winning a Nobel Prize...
  19.    #1119  
    Hey G !!

Not to be a jerk -- but obviously this phone call is with someone you respect and trust and their answers will give you a sense of "truth" to the matter. How is that any different from what I have been trying to say?

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey G !!

Not to be a jerk -- but obviously this phone call is with someone you respect and trust and their answers will give you a sense of "truth" to the matter. How is that any different from what I have been trying to say?

Cheers, Perry.
    The phone being used? It's his...