Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1334
  1. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #1081  
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    I am with gharrod on this one. Until there is an "official" announcement (and no, not from the nice lady that got you the other phone Jimmie) from Palm or one of the carriers, this is all speculation. Not that I think speculation is bad, but it gets annoying to hear people spout things as fact with nothing to back it up.
    Yes, I am really stuck in the middle on this one. I *want* to believe as Perry does...I just don't have that much Peter Pan in me. I have too much logic in me that leads me down the missouri road with gharrod...show me.

    Just wish Palm or Sprint would just lay an egg already...the toast is getting cold.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  2. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #1082  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Yes, I am really stuck in the middle on this one. I *want* to believe as Perry does...I just don't have that much Peter Pan in me. I have too much logic in me that leads me down the missouri road with gharrod...show me.

    Just wish Palm or Sprint would just lay an egg already...the toast is getting cold.
    amen.
  3.    #1083  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Yes, I am really stuck in the middle on this one. I *want* to believe as Perry does...I just don't have that much Peter Pan in me. I have too much logic in me that leads me down the missouri road with gharrod...show me.

    Just wish Palm or Sprint would just lay an egg already...the toast is getting cold.
    Toast? Cold?

    It disintegrated and blew a months ago. . . . . .
  4.    #1084  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Yes, I am really stuck in the middle on this one. I *want* to believe as Perry does...I just don't have that much Peter Pan in me. I have too much logic in me that leads me down the missouri road with gharrod...show me.

    Just wish Palm or Sprint would just lay an egg already...the toast is getting cold.

    Not that much Peter Pan in me. . . . . I just have had the luxury of having talked directly to people I trust that have confirmed the deal. . . . . the rest of you have had to believe the raving lunatic in the PPR, while gharrod shouts: "WHERE'S THE BEEF?"

    Cheers, Perry.
  5. #1085  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Toast? Cold?

    It disintegrated and blew a months ago. . . . . .
    Perry - this trail is getting very cold. How can we be a month away from s supposed release of Bigfoot without any hard evidence. Even the Verizon 700w had better leaks than this.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6.    #1086  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Perry - this trail is getting very cold. How can we be a month away from s supposed release of Bigfoot without any hard evidence. Even the Verizon 700w had better leaks than this.
    Ah, my friend, it is always darkest before the dawn . . . . . . . .













    (Of course -- my Damage Control -- should you be right -- is that Strauss jinxed it with his Samsung ranting. . . . . but, of course, that will be totally unnecessary spin -- as the 700P will be -- week of June 5th.)
  7. #1087  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Perry - this trail is getting very cold. How can we be a month away from s supposed release of Bigfoot without any hard evidence. Even the Verizon 700w had better leaks than this.
    Wrong the VZW was a full blown press conference not just a leak which many of us viewed online and we all got Gate's Treo number and were texting him the rest of that day. Somehow I think Bill got the idea how creative and loyal the Treo community really is. It was still great fun. That was a couple months before the VZW release.
  8. #1088  
    People, we've gone over this before. You can't compare the 700w release with the 700p release. The 700w was a distinct all-new product which did not necessarily steal sales away from Verizon's 650. Microsoft and Verizon wanted to create advanced buzz by formally announcing it in advance.

    A Sprint Treo 700p, OTOH, is a 1.1 or 2.0 update of the Treo 650. Sprint will want to minimize inventory of the 650 before the 700p is announced/available as the two will not be sold for long in parallel.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  9.    #1089  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    People, we've gone over this before. You can't compare the 700w release with the 700p release. The 700w was a distinct all-new product which did not necessarily steal sales away from Verizon's 650. Microsoft and Verizon wanted to create advanced buzz by formally announcing it in advance.

    A Sprint Treo 700p, OTOH, is a 1.1 or 2.0 update of the Treo 650. Sprint will want to minimize inventory of the 650 before the 700p is announced/available as the two will not be sold for long in parallel.
  10. #1090  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Ah, my friend, it is always darkest before the dawn . . . . . . . .
    (Of course -- my Damage Control -- should you be right -- is that Strauss jinxed it with his Samsung ranting. . . . . but, of course, that will be totally unnecessary spin -- as the 700P will be -- week of June 5th.)
    Talk about spinmeistering - Rove and Carvel have nothing on you sir.

    I think in honor of my idol, Dr. Doom, I too shall go on a walkabout and revert to iconic responses in the Future Treos forum until we have something, ANYTHING, definitive on the Sprint Treo 700 front.

    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  11. #1091  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I think in honor of my idol, Dr. Doom, I too shall go on a walkabout and revert to iconic responses in the Future Treos forum until we have something, ANYTHING, definitive on the Sprint Treo 700 front.

    Don't forget to write! Wait, that doesn't work then...

    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  12. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #1092  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    People, we've gone over this before. You can't compare the 700w release with the 700p release. The 700w was a distinct all-new product which did not necessarily steal sales away from Verizon's 650. Microsoft and Verizon wanted to create advanced buzz by formally announcing it in advance.
    Well...I agree with your statement in principle...but at the same time, the 700P does, for me at least, have much more significance to me than the 650 or the 600 in that we are not dealing with Palm's "devotion" to us as Palm users.

    Because Palm is dabbling with the devil on the dark side of the moon, I need concrete evidence that Palm really will be supporting the Palm platform going forward. The commitment to Windows Mobile that they showed at the "coming out" party for the 700W needs to be replicated to a certain degree for the 700P if I am going to truly believe that they are behind the product for the long haul.

    If I don't see Ed Colligan ballroom dancing with a Treo 700P at some press event before the release of the 700P I'm going to be very suspect about his commitment to the future of the POS...
  13.    #1093  
    Dancing or not. . . . if the Bear has a 700P in his hand . . . . he is committed . . . .











    to the PPR?












    I wonder if Bill will be invited to this one. . . . .
  14. #1094  
    Exactly one of my questions to day is: If there is a new device planned for a release soon why would Sprint not want to get the information out into the market and stop people who are hell bent on getting a Treo 700 to stop and not get the W from VZW but to wait a little while and get the P from Sprint?

    I figure there are a couple good reasons Sprint would be best served to get the info out there ASAP is to stop W sales (which seem to be very brisk) and reduce the cannibalization of users (both corporate and individuals) to VZW. This is one of the compelling reasons I am not convinced the P exists.
  15. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #1095  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Not that much Peter Pan in me. . . . . I just have had the luxury of having talked directly to people I trust that have confirmed the deal. . . . . the rest of you have had to believe the raving lunatic in the PPR, while gharrod shouts: "WHERE'S THE BEEF?"

    Cheers, Perry.
    Very true...but we don't see you as a raving lunatic. And your steadfastness has inspired a lot of us to believe moreso than we probably would have normally. I hope your sources are the best and you can give me a full report on the 700p during the first week of June. Then maybe you can sway me into buying one early.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  16. #1096  
    I think this is proof enough. We all know Sprint will be launching the 700p.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jimmie Geddes
  17. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #1097  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Exactly one of my questions to day is: If there is a new device planned for a release soon why would Sprint not want to get the information out into the market and stop people who are hell bent on getting a Treo 700 to stop and not get the W from VZW but to wait a little while and get the P from Sprint?

    I figure there are a couple good reasons Sprint would be best served to get the info out there ASAP is to stop W sales (which seem to be very brisk) and reduce the cannibalization of users (both corporate and individuals) to VZW. This is one of the compelling reasons I am not convinced the P exists.
    I definitely see your point; however, exclusivity agreements being what they are maybe you are in a bit of a gag order to retain YOUR exclusivity if you are not first to market? Don't know. It is interesting, yes, because I wouldn't want to be losing customers to VZW just because I signed on the dotted line. I'd be leaking a lot more info to quell the revolt. i.e. VZW showing pics of it's own 700p when Sprint is set to supposedly release it itself. Hmmmm....
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  18. #1098  
    then you believe the exclusivity extended to all Palm/phone devices? If so then the P can not be released till July. And the interesting thing is only part of the leaks have proported to be from Sprint people. Others from Radio Shack and some from VZW.
  19. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #1099  
    how many days Perry?
  20. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #1100  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    then you believe the exclusivity extended to all Palm/phone devices? If so then the P can not be released till July. And the interesting thing is only part of the leaks have proported to be from Sprint people. Others from Radio Shack and some from VZW.
    touche...good point.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!

Posting Permissions