Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1334
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Yeah...a nagging wife! She would rather see me in the garage working on a project, than on this forum she said. She called me a loser...I laughed Then she said its just a phone...I laughed again Then she said, if any of us spent as much time on anything else that was worth wile to man kind as we do on this forum...we would all accomplish so much more...I laughed for the third time, and ended up on the couch...then I logged on to treocentral I have been stopping by from time to time to see whats up. I slowed not because of my wife, but mostly because topics drag and become redundant. I went nuts, and cant stand awaiting the release of this device so that I have to walk away. I honestly don't think anyone of us, sources or not, have any clue to when this device is going to be released. Only the powers above. And these powers have to be laughing there azzes off at us when they peek into the forums...and I don't like to be laughed at...its hard enough being beat down by my wife. I do agree with Gharrod on a lot of his points of view in speculation of this device. Beyond that...no matter what my wife says...All you guys rock...this is the best forum with some of the most knowledgable members to the topics at hand.
    Well, hey, that's one way to get back at your wife...posting that pic of her in your avatar for all of us to see. So see, you did get the last laugh.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    I thought I'd sneak one more post in this downtrodden thread before it gets closed for excess (over 1,000 posts) and OT wandering (looks more like a walkabout). Nothing happened over the weekend to advance the ball in any of the top ten threads (other than another speculation thread on "Why can't we use E911 GPS..."). Not even a good outburst of movie quote swapping. It's about as boring as the Palm lineup right now.

Better go find another source of Prozac...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  3.    #1063  
    But don't forget to check back at 4pm Eastern time for gharrod's update!!

Shall we speculate on what that might be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    But don't forget to check back at 4pm Eastern time for gharrod's update!!

Shall we speculate on what that might be?
    Think Arnold Schwarzenegger in Junior.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I'm on pins and needles 'til 4; I might even have to stay late at work to read the news.

See that TC is actually adding to my productivity at work. Use that in your marketing slick.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I thought I'd sneak one more post in this downtrodden thread before it gets closed for excess (over 1,000 posts) and OT wandering (looks more like a walkabout).
    .....the muffin man........
    I thought Gharrod was kidding.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I thought Gharrod was kidding.
    When - with the outburst about earth shattering news at 4:00, today, or with this watered -down pablum:

Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Ok, let me clue you in a little further. My llife is like a 6 degree of separation thing. It seems like everywhere I turn there is this friend who knows this person or that who knows someone else. Basically I was in conversation with someone I trust who knows an exec at a source who should know without a doubt the story. Whether this person can confirm or deny without violating certai agreements is still in question. What I plan to do is to sculpt my questions in a way that they can either be confirmed or denied in a generic sense. That means I can not ask specifically if a 700P is being readied for release by Sprint but I may ask does Sprint have any non-WM5 pda/phone combo devices planned for release in Q2. I can't ask the price of said rumored device but I can maybe ask if it is assumed that any near future devices are assumed to be of a similar value as past releases. I have to be purposely vague yet detailed which can be very complicated.

That is the plan. Not sure how it will go but I will try. Call is at 4pm today and I wil ltry to update as I have ability. Business always comes first with me.
    It's like someone put Gharrod in the Clockwork Orange chair over the weekend.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    If you remember, little Malcolm didn't work after the chair, gharrod had his groove on this weekend.
    When - with the outburst about earth shattering news at 4:00, today, or with this watered -down pablum:

Ouch, dstrauss, you can be tough. I prefer the leather Manhatten chair though. If this is not a good thing for me to do today just let me know and I will call it off. I never promised it would be the defining moment just the big news that I may have a source who I am making contact with who (as far as I am concerned) is only intended to convince me dn not anyone else (since there are only about 3 of us on TC who need to be convinced).

And I did not use the term earth shattering so do not pin that label on me.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Ouch, dstrauss, you can be tough. I prefer the leather Manhatten chair though. If this is not a good thing for me to do today just let me know and I will call it off. I never promised it would be the defining moment just the big news that I may have a source who I am making contact with who (as far as I am concerned) is only intended to convince me dn not anyone else (since there are only about 3 of us on TC who need to be convinced).
    name and number, name and number...

My Bad. I took this:

BIG NEWS ON MONDAY 4PM EAST!!!!!!!!

more later...
    to equal "earth shattering" given the fact that you and I have the reputation of Eeyore around this joint. I would not hesitate to ask if I were in your shoes, and might even be more specific, but then again, I'm like that old Mikle Wallace joke...if you come to the office on Monday morning and Mike Wallace and the 60 Minutes camera crew are waiting for you, you KNOW your weeks in the toilet...
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

gharrod, with all due respect, knowing you and your need for absoulte truth and no wanting of any type of speculation before belief...anything you have to say later today will be earth-shattering. Because if you are convinced...chances are we will be convinced. Kind of sucks being the true voice of reason now doesn't it? JK
    I command no respect. I expect even less. My life has been one hell of a ride so far and that is enough for me. All I am searching for is the definitive truth.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    I command no respect. I expect even less. My life has been one hell of a ride so far and that is enough for me. All I am searching for is the difinitive truth.
    I know how much you enjoy the blog...
    http://thedefinitivetruth.blogspot.com/
    What am I missing here? gharrod is going to ask some vague questions so that he can get confirmation that a new Palm OS Treo is coming to Sprint sometime soon. If his questions are as vague as he's indicated, he won't be giving the rest of us any information we don't already know.

Sounds like a joke...
    What's worse, a guy with a pre-release Treo 700p who doesn't own a decent digital camera, or a guy with inside connections at Sprint who doesn't ask detailed questions?

None of this is meant as a slight against gharrod. I can appreciate that this person probably wouldn't/couldn't answer specifics, and gharrod has said himself that the purpose of this is only to satisfy his own skepticism. I'm just curious why anyone else here is getting excited about this.

Oh yeah...probably because there's no real news to get excited about.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    What am I missing here? gharrod is going to ask some vague questions so that he can get confirmation that a new Palm OS Treo is coming to Sprint sometime soon. If his questions are as vague as he's indicated, he won't be giving the rest of us any information we don't already know.

Sounds like a joke...
    What's worse, a guy with a pre-release Treo 700p who doesn't own a decent digital camera, or a guy with inside connections at Sprint who doesn't ask detailed questions?

None of this is meant as a slight against gharrod. I can appreciate that this person probably wouldn't/couldn't answer specifics, and gharrod has said himself that the purpose of this is only to satisfy his own skepticism. I'm just curious why anyone else here is getting excited about this.

Oh yeah...probably because there's no real news to get excited about.
    Tag, your it gharrod.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Tag, your it gharrod.
    You've got a great way of getting your point across. So true...so true. I feel for gharrod.

I think it's good though...gharrod being the seeker of truth first, believer of rumors last is a good thing. And no matter what anyone wants to say about it if gharrod can have a warm fuzzy feeling either way about the topic then that helps bring us all closer to zen I think. I don't think it will change much in the order of magnitude of speculation but to know a real skeptic can make himself believe (either direction) then that should tell us all something.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    You've got a great way of getting your point across. So true...so true. I feel for gharrod.

I think it's good though...gharrod being the seeker of truth first, believer of rumors last is a good thing. And no matter what anyone wants to say about it if gharrod can have a warm fuzzy feeling either way about the topic then that helps bring us all closer to zen I think. I don't think it will change much in the order of magnitude of speculation but to know a real skeptic can make himself believe (either direction) then that should tell us all something.
    I am with gharrod on this one. Until there is an "official" announcement (and no, not from the nice lady that got you the other phone Jimmie) from Palm or one of the carriers, this is all speculation. Not that I think speculation is bad, but it gets annoying to hear people spout things as fact with nothing to back it up.
    She was VERY nice I think we can all agree now that the 700p is real right? Maybe this is Gharrod's way of accepting that it truly exists Kidding.
    Jimmie Geddes