Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1334
  1. #941  
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    No, not you Dutch! Perry, look what you've done. Who's next, dstrauss?
    No way, Jose'. Perry's not getting my Starbuck's card that easy. I'm not quite as hard on the various sources as gharrod, but pretty skeptical nonetheless. If it's really coming out the week of June 5, I just can't believe 30+ days out we don't have anything more definitive. It's all too reminiscent of Sprint's toying with all of us who waited around for the i550. In many ways, that was even worse, because the phone was out in public at the Samsung store in NYC. Then without any warning, a simple statement says it won't be released. About a year later, they show up in Mexico.

    Sigh......
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  2.    #942  
    34 Days.
  3. #943  
    Haggar, I can't believe I wasn't memorialized in your avatar. Guess it is not for the non-believers. We need a Anti-700P thread I see...
  4. #944  
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

    This would have been the largest single shipment delivered to Mexico. But, as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York.

    The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

    The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

    The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as . . .

    "Sinko de Mayo".
    Did this have anything to do with the Mayoan Indians?
  5. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #945  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Haggar, I can't believe I wasn't memorialized in your avatar. Guess it is not for the non-believers. We need a Anti-700P thread I see...
    Ya know...I just saw one of your new posts in another thread and I thought to myself ... "CRAP! I didn't get the 'Stang on there...". The next post I read was this one. LOL.

    As I was putting it together (really just as an afterthought for a 700 mockup I made in another thread) I was just grabbing avatars from whatever thread happened to be on the screen.

    It's too bad you don't post more frequently.

    I am soooo sorry. Really. Honest. Sort of.
  6. #946  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey G!

    What is your spin on the appearance of the designation "700P" on another web site?

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=248

    Cheers, Perry
    My take is this is a vendor who has no more insight then we do but is speculative on the release. It costs them no more to show it because it is the same case as the W.

    Perry I have no doubt you already ordered yours and have it in a glass case on your mantle awaiting the arrival of the P-hantom.
  7. #947  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I see Perry as more of a Howard Beale type.
    I was thinking more like Less Nessman (WKRP). Get the duct tape out Perry and put it around the desk and then call it your office (or P-hantom shrine).
  8. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #948  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    My take is this is a vendor who has no more insight then we do but is speculative on the release. It costs them no more to show it because it is the same case as the W.
    I have to disagree. Since it isn't possible to BUY a 700p yet, there definitely isn't any advantage to posting it. Why speculate...especially if you dupe someone like Perry into pre-purchasing accessories based on their specs.

    When the 700p does eventually come out...you'd have a very disgruntled customer wanting to return his accessories. How much does it cost to mail something from the PPR?
  9. #949  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Ya know...I just saw one of your new posts in another thread and I thought to myself ... "CRAP! I didn't get the 'Stang on there...". The next post I read was this one. LOL.

    As I was putting it together (really just as an afterthought for a 700 mockup I made in another thread) I was just grabbing avatars from whatever thread happened to be on the screen.

    It's too bad you don't post more frequently.

    I am soooo sorry. Really. Honest. Sort of.
    I am on a weekend in FL to visit a very special lady.. Not a lot of time to post this weekend (for damned good reasons).

    Contrarians unite to fight the wave of rumors and misinformation!!!

    Palm has to love all this free publicity no matter what happens. I think they should give Perry the first one and me the second Sprint Treo700W...thought I was gonna say P didn't ya????

    Disbelieve the P-hantom.
  10. #950  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I have to disagree. Since it isn't possible to BUY a 700p yet, there definitely isn't any advantage to posting it. Why speculate...especially if you dupe someone like Perry into pre-purchasing accessories based on their specs.

    When the 700p does eventually come out...you'd have a very disgruntled customer wanting to return his accessories. How much does it cost to mail something from the PPR?
    They would obviously not care. If this were based on any "official" information the Palm police would have called them on the NDA already and removed it. So this is a non-issue.
  11. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #951  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I am on a weekend in FL to visit a very special lady.. Not a lot of time to post this weekend (for damned good reasons).
    I am glad to see you have your priorities in life straightened out!

    Quote Originally Posted by nutcase gharrod
    Contrarians unite to fight the wave of rumors and misinformation!!!

    Palm has to love all this free publicity no matter what happens. I think they should give Perry the first one and me the second Sprint Treo700W...thought I was gonna say P didn't ya????

    Disbelieve the P-hantom.
    What you don't realize is that it's being call the 700p not because it's a POS version...it's the 700p - Perry Edition. It's very similar to the iPod U2.

    The big difference between the 700w and the 700p is unfortunately not the operating system. It's just that the shell of the 700p is a very light red (pink) color and there are about a dozen or so "Perryisms" scribed into the plastic...
  12. #952  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I am glad to see you have your priorities in life straightened out!



    What you don't realize is that it's being call the 700p not because it's a POS version...it's the 700p - Perry Edition. It's very similar to the iPod U2.

    The big difference between the 700w and the 700p is unfortunately not the operating system. It's just that the shell of the 700p is a very light red (pink) color and there are about a dozen or so "Perryisms" scribed into the plastic...
    I am just crushed that I didn't make your avatar. Crushed.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  13. #953  
    Or the 700gh because it seldom works, and makes you mad as hell all to often?

    I heard from the Sprint VP of Marketing at our bowling league the other night that when you turn on the rumored 700P-hantom the splash screen (instead of Sprint) says...
    CHEERS!!
  14. #954  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Or the 700gh because it seldom works, and makes you mad as hell all to often?

    I heard from the Sprint VP of Marketing at our bowling league the other night that when you turn on the rumored 700P-hantom the splash screen (instead of Sprint) says...
    CHEERS!!
    Although amusing, you are treading dangerously close to becoming one of those people that just won't listen to anything about the device he believes to be a rumor.
    Open your mind, man! It could be true!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  15. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #955  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I am just crushed that I didn't make your avatar. Crushed.
    Cheer up, Doom...I'm using my 100th post to let you know that it was nothing personal.

    Remember...you deserve good things. you are entitled to your share of happiness. You refuse to beat yourself up. You are an attractive person. You are fun to be with...and gosh darnit...people like you.
  16. #956  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Although amusing, you are treading dangerously close to becoming one of those people that just won't listen to anything about the device he believes to be a rumor.
    Open your mind, man! It could be true!
    Ouch, you for one I thought understood the schtick? Was I mistaken?

    I can now see how fraying on the nerves I am if I have even Dr DoomDude peeved.
  17. #957  
    So it looks like my welcome has worn out here. You guys carry on with your little glee club and I will sit on the sideline waiting. Good luck.
  18. #958  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    ...Palm has to love all this free publicity no matter what happens. I think they should give Perry the first one and me the second Sprint Treo700W...thought I was gonna say P didn't ya????

    Disbelieve the P-hantom.
    I don't know they're getting much free publicity out of us - it's a pretty small, tight-knit group of lunatic fanatics rekicking the dead horse while we wait for more nuggets from Palm. We're kind of "Revenge of the Treo Nerds"
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  19. #959  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    So it looks like my welcome has worn out here. You guys carry on with your little glee club and I will sit on the sideline waiting. Good luck.
    have a good weekend
  20. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #960  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I don't know they're getting much free publicity out of us - it's a pretty small, tight-knit group of lunatic fanatics rekicking the dead horse while we wait for more nuggets from Palm. We're kind of "Revenge of the Treo Nerds"
    What dead horse? I think we're kicking the dust that used to be the skeleton of a dead horse...I see no horse here...

Posting Permissions