Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1334
  1.    #861  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    They will be lucky to get 4% of the 650 users to upgrade with the specs rumored of the alleged 700P.

    Hey G!!

    Gambling with my daughter's money here. Since you are going to lose our current gentlemen's agreement, would you like to go double or nothing on this one? However, how do we measure it?

    I believe, if there is one upgrade from a 650 to a 700P (and I know of one, at least one -- personally) there will be at least 15% and I am thinking 25%.


    EV-DO !?!
    64mb of Memory !?!


    4% ???????????? ROTFLMAO

    (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)



    Cheers, Perry.
  2. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey G!!4% ???????????? ROTFLMAO
    While I agree with Perry that it will definitely be higher than 4%, my arse is still connected.

    I think that EV-DO by itself is enough of an upgrade for at least 10% of 650 users to upgrade. I also think that if indeed they have BT 1.2 and are planning an upgrade to 2.0 that many phone users will upgrade, too.

    The one thing that they've done "right" in my opinion with the 700w/700xxx? is in keeping the accessories the same. The fact that I had to buy all new chargers, cradles, etc for my 650 is one of the things that kept me on my 600 for so long. But I've already made a bunch of purchases for my 650 that I probably would not have made if I knew the 700 wasn't going to be compatible. Now that I know my 650 acessories will work, I'll be moving up to the 700 much sooner...like...maybe May 28th?
  3. #863  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey G!!

    Gambling with my daughter's money here. Since you are going to lose our current gentlemen's agreement, would you like to go double or nothing on this one? However, how do we measure it?

    I believe, if there is one upgrade from a 650 to a 700P (and I know of one, at least one -- personally) there will be at least 15% and I am thinking 25%.


    EV-DO !?!
    64mb of Memory !?!


    4% ???????????? ROTFLMAO

    (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)



    Cheers, Perry.
    Perry I respect your opinion and all and you are a nice guy but...
    DROP THE KOOL AID AND BACK UP SLOWLY!
  4.    #864  
  5. #865  
    Actually she wins in any case because if I lose she gets your Treo and WHEN I win she gets your BB card you were going to send me.

    Letme think aboutthe way we wouldvalidatea bet like this one. You can not figure the Sprint replacements to a newer device from a 600 0r 650 for technical reasons or insurance (because we know those would be 60% by themselves- lol) so that only leaves another 36% (100-60-4) potential. So will more then 1 out of every 9 others upgrade for such measly gain? hmmmmmm....
  6. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Actually she wins in any case because if I lose she gets your Treo and WHEN I win she gets your BB card you were going to send me.

    Letme think aboutthe way we wouldvalidatea bet like this one. You can not figure the Sprint replacements to a newer device from a 600 0r 650 for technical reasons or insurance (because we know those would be 60% by themselves- lol) so that only leaves another 36% (100-60-4) potential. So will more then 1 out of every 9 others upgrade for such measly gain? hmmmmmm....
    Dunno why you think it's so "measly"...I think you have at least 5-10% of the Treo crowd that are fanatics and will upgrade just to upgrade...

    BTW...can I suggest a new Avatar for Perry?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #867  
    Little high there G on the 60%, but I cannot fault your logic or math skills . . . . . . .





    it's just your forecasting skills that are lacking. . . . . .


    Some people think that forecasting is a science and that it might be -- but great forecaster's gotta have intuition, instinct and gut feel. You cannot find verification for those. . . . .


    I will have my 700P by June 9th.


    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/04/2006 at 09:20 PM.
  8.    #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Dunno why you think it's so "measly"...I think you have at least 5-10% of the Treo crowd that are fanatics and will upgrade just to upgrade...

    BTW...can I suggest a new Avatar for Perry?
    I have an announcement day avatar already prepared -- but I might just alternate it with this one Slacks Man.

    Cheers, Perry.
  9. #869  
    Note that Perry never states what year just the date of June 9th. We talkin 2007 now Perry? Are you getting nervous that we are 10 days and a couple hours from the 15th of May which was you intro date and not even word of FCC release of the manual which has preceeded the other Treo releases by (usually) 30 days.

    I can not even confirm a device has even been submitted for application.
  10. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #870  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Note that Perry never states what year just the date of June 9th. We talkin 2007 now Perry? Are you getting nervous that we are 10 days and a couple hours from the 15th of May which was you intro date and not even word of FCC release of the manual which has preceeded the other Treo releases by (usually) 30 days.

    I can not even confirm a device has even been submitted for application.
    Ya know, G, if you rearrange the letters in "MUSTANG" you can get "MUST NAG"....hmmmm....coincidence?
  11. #871  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Dunno why you think it's so "measly"...I think you have at least 5-10% of the Treo crowd that are fanatics and will upgrade just to upgrade...

    BTW...can I suggest a new Avatar for Perry?
    Ohhhhhh you really disagree with me when I say 4% and you say....NOooooooooo it will be 5% and maybe as high as 10%...

    LOL...stop me...LOL...
  12.    #872  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Note that Perry never states what year just the date of June 9th. We talkin 2007 now Perry? Are you getting nervous that we are 10 days and a couple hours from the 15th of May which was you intro date and not even word of FCC release of the manual which has preceeded the other Treo releases by (usually) 30 days.

    I can not even confirm a device has even been submitted for application.
    Week of May 15, 2006 announcement(s)

    Week of June 05, 2006 for sale.

    No worries.

  13. #873  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Ya know, G, if you rearrange the letters in "MUSTANG" you can get "MUST NAG"....hmmmm....coincidence?
    Measly, yeah, 32 mb of RAM maybe 64 if Ed C is generous, no wifi still, no upgrade available to the EVDO when Sprint changes it to Rev A, same old tired form factor, still a bad camera, no battery life improvement, not real speed gains, no higher resolution screen, probably still pushing the same lame BC Client...even many of the Palm advocates are mad about several of these...
    a big yawn
  14. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #874  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Ohhhhhh you really disagree with me when I say 4% and you say....NOooooooooo it will be 5% and maybe as high as 10%...

    LOL...stop me...LOL...
    Okay...first off...READ what I type before you go NAGGING me!

    I said that I thought you had at least 5-10% of 650 owners who are fanatics and will upgrade just to upgrade. That's ONE SMALL SECTOR of the 650 community. There are plenty of 650 onwers who aren't fanatics but WILL upgrade because they want EV-DO, or BT 1.2, or 64MB of Memory, or their spouse wants one so they give them a 650 and buy a 700 for themselves...the list goes on.

    Perry...you got anything we can put in that Kool-Aid? I'm thinking a few Kool-Aid shots might hit the spot tonight.
  15. #875  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Okay...first off...READ what I type before you go NAGGING me!

    I said that I thought you had at least 5-10% of 650 owners who are fanatics and will upgrade just to upgrade. That's ONE SMALL SECTOR of the 650 community. There are plenty of 650 onwers who aren't fanatics but WILL upgrade because they want EV-DO, or BT 1.2, or 64MB of Memory, or their spouse wants one so they give them a 650 and buy a 700 for themselves...the list goes on.

    Perry...you got anything we can put in that Kool-Aid? I'm thinking a few Kool-Aid shots might hit the spot tonight.
    .. / .-- .- -. - / .- .-.. .-.. / - .... .- - / - --- --- .-.-.- / - .... .- - ... / .-- .... -.-- / .. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. --. .-. .- -.. . / - --- / .- / -.... --... ----- ----- / .. -. ... - . .- -..

    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    .. / .-- .- -. - / .- .-.. .-.. / - .... .- - / - --- --- .-.-.- / - .... .- - ... / .-- .... -.-- / .. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. --. .-. .- -.. . / - --- / .- / -.... --... ----- ----- / .. -. ... - . .- -..

    I aint doing it...no I'm not. I swear I'm not.
  17. #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    .. / .-- .- -. - / .- .-.. .-.. / - .... .- - / - --- --- .-.-.- / - .... .- - ... / .-- .... -.-- / .. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. --. .-. .- -.. . / - --- / .- / -.... --... ----- ----- / .. -. ... - . .- -..

    .. / .... .- -.. / --- -. . / .- -. -.. / .-. . - ..- .-. -. . -.. / .. - / .. -. / ..-. .- ...- --- .-. / --- ..-. / -- -.-- / .- -. -.-. .. . -. - / - .-. . --- / ... .. -..- / .... ..- -. -.. .-. . -.. / ..--.. / / / .. - / ... / -. --- - / - .... .- - / --. .-. . .- - / ..--.. / / / .. / -- / .-- .- .. - .. -. --. / --- -. / - .... . / ... . ...- . -. / .... ..- -. -.. .-. . -.. /
  18. #878  
    .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / - --- --- -.- / - .... . / - .. -- . / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... / .- ... / .-- . .-.. .-.. / --..-- / / - .... . -. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / --. --- / ... - .-. .- .. --. .... - / - --- / - .... . / .--. .--. .-. / --..-- / / -.-- --- ..- / ...- . / --. --- -. . / --- ...- . .-. / - .... . / -.. . . .--. / . -. -.. / ..--.. /
    Palm Personal --> Palm Vx --> Tungsten T --> waiting to get first Treo P (get on with it, Palm!)
  19. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #879  
    what was the part in the middle?

    I gotta have more cowbell
  20. #880  
    It says Munk Boy needs to spoon with Doom Dude again or else.

Posting Permissions