Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    We are in away I guess like addicts to this forum and to the 700P.
    Bingo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Yes, a time warp worm hole type thingie, I had to do it twice.
    Geez Perry, with 5k under your belt, I felt like a fraud when Curly lumped us both in the "Post *****" category ... why, I'm a mere Brooke Shield's character from whatever her breakout movie was called .... Something Baby ?

I guess Insertion's the madam !
  3.    #843  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Haggar, I did live there when BB was in their growth spurt and dealt directly with Brad Anderson about 15 years ago on a proect. they were considering a move to add jewelry (limited lines) and I had a product they wanted in the worst way.

Ok, back on topic...

Cardio, I have to ask because I now ask of everyone who has a "source." Who was it? We either have to be able to verify the source or toss it in the heap of "we don't know that to be fact." Which is getting to be quite a landfill.

Landfills can be fun.

I agree, to a certain point gharrod, to your stance on sources. If they cannot be verified -- they are just that -- unverified information.

However, at what point, do you start to get a feeling -- that there might be something to all this unverified information?

You have me saying it.
    Now Cardio and others.
    1 more person?
    10 more people?
    100 more people?
    1,000 more people?

And I am not just talking drive by shooters. I'm saying if those numbers included the long time members who you would not expect to be pulling your leg.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Haggar, I did live there when BB was in their growth spurt and dealt directly with Brad Anderson about 15 years ago on a proect. they were considering a move to add jewelry (limited lines) and I had a product they wanted in the worst way.

Ok, back on topic...

Cardio, I have to ask because I now ask of everyone who has a "source." Who was it? We either have to be able to verify the source or toss it in the heap of "we don't know that to be fact." Which is getting to be quite a landfill.
    Let me call Jay before I post his contact infromation. I don't think this info has any secrecy to it, but don't want to ruin a possible contact for future use.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Landfills can be fun.

I agree, to a certain point gharrod, to your stance on sources. If they cannot be verified -- they are just that -- unverified information.

However, at what point, do you start to get a feeling -- that there might be something to all this unverified information?

You have me saying it.
    Now Cardio and others.
    1 more person?
    10 more people?
    100 more people?
    1,000 more people?

And I am not just talking drive by shooters. I'm saying if those numbers included the long time members who you would not expect to be pulling your leg.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry, it is simple. One named and confirmed source (as in the case of Doom) is worth more then 10,000 rumored (my Sprint rep told me) sources. Let me ask you how many of you would question me if I came in here and said I had an unimpeachable source within Palm or Sprint who told me point blank that there is no 700P(hantom) in the system? I would dare to say you all would want to know who I spoke with and how they figure into the equation.

So all I am asking is for the same courtesy that I would be expected to provide. Verifiable information so it can be tracked down. To date (7 months now) no one has come forward. I consider this to be overwhelming evidence. If I am wrong then share the information with me. I have even offered they can PM me and I will not disclose publicly the source but will verify it privately. I am asking to be convinced and no one has taken the challenge.

Is that such an unreasonable request?
  6.    #846  
    Perry, it is simple. One named and confirmed source (as in the case of Doom) is worth more then 10,000 rumored (my Sprint rep told me) sources. Let me ask you how many of you would question me if I came in here and said I had an unimpeachable source within Palm or Sprint who told me point blank that there is no 700P(hantom) in the system? I would dare to say you all would want to know who I spoke with and how they figure into the equation.

So all I am asking is for the same courtesy that I would be expected to provide. Verifiable information so it can be tracked down. To date (7 months now) no one has come forward. I consider this to be overwhelming evidence. If I am wrong then share the information with me. I have even offered they can PM me and I will not disclose publicly the source but will verify it privately. I am asking to be convinced and no one has taken the challenge.

Is that such an unreasonable request?

Not unreasonable, but I would not take any lack of accepting your challenge as a lack of believing in one's sources. As I have stated previously, I will not disclose mine to anyone -- before, during and after.

Hey Doom!

Would you mind PM'ing me Sal's email address and pre-warning him I am going to write him? I would like to know his take on the beta's we have seen, n4cer's document and source confirmation that it went to Sprint stores, and the fact that folks stating they were beta tester's are claiming they have turned their phones in and are waiting for their free "reward."

Any possibility in this?

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    I got tired of waiting on the supposed "truth" from you guys...so I stopped off at the Sprint store today and asked my favorite sales rep what the scoop was. I was amazed when he pulled out the new release from under his desk...Here's what he told me and he showed me a device as proof:

* 700P does not exist
    * Surprise Sprint release of a 750P on June 1st
    * Will come standard with 128MB of memory
    * A mini-audio jack to VGA converter allows external video

I'm offering total proof that this is the absolute truth by attaching an actual photo of the device in the hands of my Sprint rep.

Do I get a BB card now?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Hey Doom!

Would you mind PM'ing me Sal's email address and pre-warning him I am going to write him? I would like to know his take on the beta's we have seen, n4cer's document and source confirmation that it went to Sprint stores, and the fact that folks stating they were beta tester's are claiming they have turned their phones in and are waiting for their free "reward."

Any possibility in this?

Cheers, Perry.
    I'd like to see his reply too. But, I think if Sal is towing the line here as a corporate guy then he is just going to reiterate everything he told Doom to you. Then he'll deny all of your "evidence" as real or even something Sprint will admit to knowing about. He may even say they might sue Palm for using their logo on a device without their consent. It's a tough one to push, Perry...might be better served just waiting around like always.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    * 700P does not exist

I'm offering total proof that this is the absolute truth by attaching an actual photo of the device in the hands of my Sprint rep.

Do I get a BB card now?
    Think you're pretty funny don't ya? I've showed my proof of the Nextel i700p in my avatar and I still didn't get my BB card...nor the Starbucks one dangled out there. I'd prefer the Starbucks myself but I'll take what I can get.

EDIT: Whoo hoo...I've reached 50 posts y'all. 50! I'm one one-hundredth the man Perry is. and something like one one-thousandth of insertion. Oh well...I dream can't I?
    Last edited by xtant21; 05/04/2006 at 12:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I got tired of waiting on the supposed "truth" from you guys...so I stopped off at the Sprint store today and asked my favorite sales rep what the scoop was. I was amazed when he pulled out the new release from under his desk...Here's what he told me and he showed me a device as proof:

* 700P does not exist

Do I get a BB card now?
    Come on now, come up with a new punch line. That picture is worn out, it was funny the first 50 times, cute the next 20 times, expected the next 15, but now old and worn out.
  11.    #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    I'd like to see his reply too. But, I think if Sal is towing the line here as a corporate guy then he is just going to reiterate everything he told Doom to you. Then he'll deny all of your "evidence" as real or even something Sprint will admit to knowing about. He may even say they might sue Palm for using their logo on a device without their consent. It's a tough one to push, Perry...might be better served just waiting around like always.

My point exactly. It's a tough push and that does not make Doom's source any more valid than mine. Doom's source has "confirmed" what would and should be a corporate line. Source's that have confirmed what would be big trouble for them -- have confirmed otherwise.

We are between a rock and a hard place here. As gharrod has said about me: "I do not doubt Doom and this is what he was told -- but I have no way of knowing if the man was being straight with him -- other than Doom's word on it."

So you are right -- we wait.

Cheers, Perry.
  12.    #852  
    Think you're pretty funny don't ya? I've showed my proof of the Nextel i700p in my avatar and I still didn't get my BB card...nor the Starbucks one dangled out there. I'd prefer the Starbucks myself but I'll take what I can get.

EDIT: Whoo hoo...I've reached 50 posts y'all. 50! I'm one one-hundredth the man Perry is. and something like one one-thousandth of insertion. Oh well...I dream can't I?

Go for quality, not quantity. . . . .

* 700P does not exist

Do I get a BB card now?
    LMAO - that's two in two days. You should have started posting a long time ago Spandex boy.

Hey, wait a minute - that looks like MY area Sprint rep.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    JimmieGeddes posted the prices of the 700p per his source, either in this thread or the other. I think he said Sprint would have the 700p for $649, $499 1yr, and $399 2yr.

These numbers certainly make sense. Because of my hopelessly broken 650, I made some rumblings to Sprint about leaving them. They offered me $300 off of the 700 if I re-up my 2yr plan. Plugging in Jimmie's numbers, Sprint is really just giving me an extra $50 off which is more realistic and jives with the source.
    They will be lucky to get 4% of the 650 users to upgrade with the specs rumored of the alleged 700P.
    Don't forget about us 600 owners just coming off a two-year Sprint contract - 100%!
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    They offered me $300 off of the 700 if I re-up my 2yr plan. Plugging in Jimmie's numbers, Sprint is really just giving me an extra $50 off which is more realistic and jives with the source.
    So wait a minute...they (Sprint) actually (supposedly) admitted or offered information about the 700 to you?
    So wait a minute...they (Sprint) actually (supposedly) admitted or offered information about the 700 to you?
    Not really. She knew a 700 was coming, but did not know if it was W or P. I told her the P was coming. When I followed up later, she is actually giving me the $300 credit on a 700t which, I'm hoping, stands for typo.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Not really. She knew a 700 was coming, but did not know if it was W or P. I told her the P was coming. When I followed up later, she is actually giving me the $300 credit on a 700t which, I'm hoping, stands for typo.
    t could be p if a poor microphone was used on her end.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

Was this a verbal conversation or an e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Was this a verbal conversation or an e-mail.
    Verbal conversation 4/21/06 with Customer Accounts & Relations. Oh yeah, she's also waiving the $18 activation fee on the new Treo.

She had NO idea when the 700 (p, w or t) would be released.