Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1334
  1. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #821  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    That's what makes the Treo great, and a good source of debate -- every Treo owner has their own ranked list of priorities for it. (Then throw in camera, MP3s, video player, streaming radio . . . . . .)

    Cheers, Perry
    Now if only Palm would include in the setup a priority list so we could customize what parts of the Treo take precedence for each of us...that would be cool. No matter what the Treo is a great tool and I really haven't had much trouble with reception on my 650. I would guess that this would stay the same or improve with the 700.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  2. #822  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    On the minus front, of course I would like to experience the next generation PalmOS instead of a Garnet revision but this is likely going to have to wait until 2007 and the lack of WiFi drivers (at least in this pre-production model) is also disappointing.
    Maybe they'll surprise us with a promise to offer an upgrade when the new OS is ready. One can only wish.
  3. #823  
    Perry:

    Congratulations for passing the 5,000 barrier - was it like Star Trek and the edge of the universe?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  4.    #824  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Perry:

    Congratulations for passing the 5,000 barrier - was it like Star Trek and the edge of the universe?

    Yes, a time warp worm hole type thingie, I had to do it twice.
  5. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #825  
    Ok...now I have the i700p in my hands. See picture proof and a clear picture at that. It needs work, I know. The walkie-talkie function works a little weird but you saw it here first.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  6. #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Yes, a time warp worm hole type thingie, I had to do it twice.
    Congrats times 2!
  7. #827  
    So let me try to get things straight. Perry confirm for me our little wager.

    May 15th announement of the 700P(hantom) and June 9th release?

    Just want to know when I oficially win!
  8.    #828  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    So let me try to get things straight. Perry confirm for me our little wager.

    May 15th announement of the 700P(hantom) and June 9th release?

    Just want to know when I oficially win!

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=565


    Best Buy Card, Thank-you

  9. #829  
    got it. OK
  10.    #830  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    got it. OK
    I am glad you got that Best Buy Card already, it is indicative of your pro-active nature. . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/04/2006 at 09:58 AM.
  11. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #831  
    What I find most amazing about the Treo line-up is how, when my life changes, the Treo seems to be robust enough to fill the new needs I have.

    For example - I've said for the past several years that I see no reason that I would ever want an Ipod because I don't listen to music all that often. Recently, however, I've started a weight los...er...a strength conditioning routine that involves walking the dog for an hour every night. I'm now converting all my business audio tapes to MP3's and using my 650 an MP3 player. As everyone around here knows...the cool thing is...when I get a personal or business call...I can pick up and then return to the music as soon as I hang up. I sorta feel like a "power broker" with that kind of ability.

    I've also recently needed to have access to about 30 different spreadsheets on a moments notice for one of my projects....with Docs to Go I've got them all at my finger tips.

    In the past I used to need remote access to the Internet while with clients. Thanks to PDAnet I was able to get a "decent" connection for the limited HTML sites I had to access in the field.

    I also recently discovered the wonders of Exchange and Goodlink. Instead of having 3 different e-mail databases (one on my phone, one at home, and one at the office) I now have it all synced up in real time.

    Heck...I even watch the latest Doctor Who episodes from England on my 650 (BBC - I *promise* to buy the DVDs when they are NTSC formatted and available in the states!!).

    I guess my point is...no matter how my job changes...no matter what I do in my personal life...it seems like my 600 and then 650 have always filled the gaps nicely. I can't think of any other electronics product out there that can match it's verstility....at least, not without a lot of re-boots and crashes (ala my PPC-6700, my iPaq, and even the 700w I used for a few days).

    I'm ready and willing to plunk down the necessary dough for the 700p when its available. High speed Internet is about the only thing I'd like to when it comes out the first week of May (notice how I brought it back OT??).


    NOTE TO SELF: It says "Post Quick Reply"
  12. #832  
    It pains me to go in BB these days. It is more like a big version of WalMart electronics. The stores are shoddy and look to much like a stripped out warehouse. Besides that they offer no advantage in pricing or product.
  13. #833  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Sorry, but I still want my Starbuck's card.

    (Of course, on the off chance you squeek through, avatar will get a Best Buy card unless you're chocolate craving kicks in).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  14. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #834  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    It pains me to go in BB these days. It is more like a big version of WalMart electronics. The stores are shoddy and look to much like a stripped out warehouse. Besides that they offer no advantage in pricing or product.
    Too bad you don't live here in Minnesota (BBHQ)...the stores here are state of the art! Unfortunately, like most mass consumer electronics places, they have an extremely limited (some say non-exsistant) selection of high-end products...but as far layout, design, and overall buying satisfaction all of the BBs near me are about 9 or 10 (on a 1-10 scale!).
  15. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #835  
    Saw the sprint regional manager on the golf course yesterday, looks like antoher 2-4 week delay on a windows version, but the P is still on schedule according to a seminar he was at on Tuesday. He has SF Bay Area stores set up for training on the device in the next two weeks. Looks like I have one with my name on it set aside as soon as they hit the region. It would mean changing carrier and paying for what seems to be small upgrades to me, will see when it is official if it is worth it.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  16. #836  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I am from the PDA side -- I consider my Treo a PDA 1st and a phone 2nd. (Internet and Email device is sort of 1.1)

    If I was to Force Rank the main features of the Treo I would list them as:
    1. PDA (with you on that one Perry)
    2. Internet
    3. Email
    4. Phone

    Waiting to move up to 700p from 600.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  17. #837  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Too bad you don't live here in Minnesota (BBHQ)...the stores here are state of the art! Unfortunately, like most mass consumer electronics places, they have an extremely limited (some say non-exsistant) selection of high-end products...but as far layout, design, and overall buying satisfaction all of the BBs near me are about 9 or 10 (on a 1-10 scale!).
    I'd say that's my experience here in Texas, save for the very oldest stores (which are being remodeled swiftly). They do ssem to be changing focus from geek toys (almost no PDA's or smartphones anymore) to consumer junk (A/V - especially big screen tv's) and DVD/CD sales
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  18.    #838  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Saw the sprint regional manager on the golf course yesterday, looks like antoher 2-4 week delay on a windows version, but the P is still on schedule according to a seminar he was at on Tuesday. He has SF Bay Area stores set up for training on the device in the next two weeks. Looks like I have one with my name on it set aside as soon as they hit the region. It would mean changing carrier and paying for what seems to be small upgrades to me, will see when it is official if it is worth it.



    (Not that I have any anxiety over my sources' information.)
  19. #839  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Too bad you don't live here in Minnesota (BBHQ)...the stores here are state of the art! Unfortunately, like most mass consumer electronics places, they have an extremely limited (some say non-exsistant) selection of high-end products...but as far layout, design, and overall buying satisfaction all of the BBs near me are about 9 or 10 (on a 1-10 scale!).
    Haggar, I did live there when BB was in their growth spurt and dealt directly with Brad Anderson about 15 years ago on a proect. they were considering a move to add jewelry (limited lines) and I had a product they wanted in the worst way.

    Ok, back on topic...

    Cardio, I have to ask because I now ask of everyone who has a "source." Who was it? We either have to be able to verify the source or toss it in the heap of "we don't know that to be fact." Which is getting to be quite a landfill.
  20. #840  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    They will be lucky to get 4% of the 650 users to upgrade with the specs rumored of the alleged 700P.
    To be honest, I would not be upgrading had I not _smashed_ my 650 "beyond economic repair."

Posting Permissions