Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

5,000th !!

Come on Perry - U cahn dooo eet!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  2.    #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    [/size]
    Come on Perry - U cahn dooo eet!
    With my luck, I will have to do it thrice.

Oh well, . . . . . . .nap time. . . . . .it will just have to wait for another day.

Cheers, Perry.
    You would lose 214 posts (so far) if this were moved to OT. Are you on egg shells right now?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #804  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You would lose 214 posts (so far) if this were moved to OT. Are you on egg shells right now?

No, egg shells are for the week of May 15th announce. . . . . . . .

You have been busy!
    With my luck, I will have to do it thrice.

Perry and company and all resident's of the PPR, we needs more leaks from Palm manangement. The 15th is still far away. We are in away I guess like addicts to this forum and to the 700P. We need to keep feeding. Will someone out in internet cyperspace please become a another "Slinkly". Give us a little news. You guys remember that shortly after "Slinkly's" posting that we got real information from Meryln.

Let the drums begin, as we all exit from our PPR.

Morningstar
  6.    #806  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    Perry and company and all resident's of the PPR, we needs more leaks from Palm manangement. The 15th is still far away. We are in away I guess like addicts to this forum and to the 700P. We need to keep feeding. Will someone out in internet cyperspace please become a another "Slinkly". Give us a little news. You guys remember that shortly after "Slinkly's" posting that we got real information from Meryln.

Let the drums begin, as we all exit from our PPR.

Morningstar

I told you not to miss the 8pm med cart !!

4,998 and good night.
    I told you not to miss the 8pm med cart !!

4,998 and good night.
    You've got to be kidding stopping two short. Just like Palm leaving us high and dry.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    You've got to be kidding stopping two short. Just like Palm leaving us high and dry.
    He's probably worried that somehow this thread will blow up while he's asleep, and get moved to OT.

Goes to bed with 5,000 posts, wakes up with 4,750.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    He's probably worried that somehow this thread will blow up while he's asleep, and get moved to OT.

Goes to bed with 5,000 posts, wakes up with 4,750.
    Yeah, that's something you don't need to worry about Mr. 9,000+ huh? I'll be happy the day I break hundred but...I'll lose it all if this ever does go OT. I don't know if I'll ever have THAT much to say...9,000.....say did you get to pick your treo color as orange or did they do that for you?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  10.    #810  
    Some good karma in that, I believe!

36 Days

Last edited by gtwo; 05/04/2006 at 05:55 AM.
    in honor of perry's 5000th post, i will strive for my tenth post
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Don't set the bar too high now...you want to be able to actually achieve the goal you set. 10 might be a bit much...shoot for 9 then 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Yeah, that's something you don't need to worry about Mr. 9,000+ huh? I'll be happy the day I break hundred but...I'll lose it all if this ever does go OT. I don't know if I'll ever have THAT much to say...9,000.....say did you get to pick your treo color as orange or did they do that for you?
    Orange? I have red Treo's, not orange. But I did get to pick my member status.

14.    #814  
    JUST A REVISIT FROM TREONAUTS FEBRUARY SUMMARY:

Finally, let’s see what has surfaced about the specifications of the new Treo 700p:

Reception is supposed to be ‘spectacular’
    Runnning PalmOS Garnet v5.4.9
    1.2MP Camera (1280x1024)
    Bluetooth v1.2
    pTunes, SprintTV, Documents to Go 8 all in ROM
    Blazer 4.5
    64MB Memory with 54MB User-Available
    320x320 screen
    FAT32 driver support (to use SD Cards larger than 2GB)
    EVDO Radio (High Speed Wireless Data 400–700kbps)
    Can receive call while using 1xEvDo, but cannot call and browse at the same time (limitation of 1xEvDo)
    New web like picture album interface, new facelift for album and picture application
    Menu button moved to bottom left shift spot
    SharkMsg-like “SMS after call” functionality
    Flashing ‘Alerts’ asterix replaced by little golden bell icon
    Green button is Call Answer button, Phone button for Contacts
    New "fast mode" in Blazer
    No WiFi drivers installed and no ability to test a WiFi SD card
    Very large new DbCache of over 10MB for a _much_ speedier user experience
    So, is the 700p a worthy upgrade and something for Treonauts to get excited about? Well, I certainly think so! For starters, a faster UI and now enough memory to store _all_ of my applications is fantastic. Then there’s the _much_ faster wireless data connectivity provided by EV-DO and the improved 1.3MP camera. Finally, I really like the casing which I’ve had the opportunity to play around with on my own Treo 700w. On the minus front, of course I would like to experience the next generation PalmOS instead of a Garnet revision but this is likely going to have to wait until 2007 and the lack of WiFi drivers (at least in this pre-production model) is also disappointing.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Orange? I have red Treo's, not orange. But I did get to pick my member status.
    Sorry I was tired and in a dark room...my eyes were playing tricks on me. Red it is.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Nice job of getting us all back OnT there Perry. I wonder what exactly is meant by reception is supposedly spectacular? I haven't really found a cell phone yet that you can make that claim to everyone. Still thinking you'll have one the first week of June, Perry?
  17.    #817  
    Nice job of getting us all back OnT there Perry. I wonder what exactly is meant by reception is supposedly spectacular? I haven't really found a cell phone yet that you can make that claim to everyone. Still thinking you'll have one the first week of June, Perry?
    Yes, I think Andrew at Treonauts may have been a little over the top with that reception statement in the summary --but who knows -- when you think phone -- you think reception as one of your first measurement criteria. A world class phone, should have world class reception.

However, the Treo is not a phone. It is a blending of several devices and blending leads to design compromises -- so it will not be the "greatest" in every aspect, but reception, you would think, should be high on the list.

I am from the PDA side -- I consider my Treo a PDA 1st and a phone 2nd. (Internet and Email device is sort of 1.1)

So here is to a well configured device --- EV-DO will be great.

, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/04/2006 at 09:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I am a little opposite on that one Perry...I need a phone I can count on first and a PDA I can count on first. That's my idea of the Treo. Phone reception is important to me...I want to be able to call the auto club...not just look up their number in the PDA from the side of the highway.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Ok...there it is guys...I told you before it was coming...the i700p for Nextel. Who likes my avatar now?! I'm still working on the squared off antenna but give me time.

So see...my sources were right...it is coming to Nextel. I just proved it with a clear pic. Fire away gharrod...fire away.

EDIT: (oops...looks more like an i650p...gotta change that.)
    Last edited by xtant21; 05/04/2006 at 07:57 AM.
  20.    #820  
    I am a little opposite on that one Perry...I need a phone I can count on first and a PDA I can count on first. That's my idea of the Treo. Phone reception is important to me...I want to be able to call the auto club...not just look up their number in the PDA from the side of the highway.

That's what makes the Treo great, and a good source of debate -- every Treo owner has their own ranked list of priorities for it. (Then throw in camera, MP3s, video player, streaming radio . . . . . .)

Cheers, Perry