Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    We visited this one before...you can change the codename or deny you ever had a codename X for this product and *poof* it doesn't exist and isn't in the works.

The bozo that fabricated the report could have decided on the names and everyone ran with them since then. The report also claimed it was for the European market...yes, I can deny any such device exists if it is possibly slated for both North America AND Europe.
    Last edited by xtant21; 05/03/2006 at 04:40 PM.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Sorry, that's a party line only, and you're not in that party (yet).
    Just give me time...I'll get into the party. Especially if Betty-Lou and Harriett are going to be there.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Just give me time...I'll get into the party. Especially if Betty-Lou and Harriett are going to be there.
    I think you will young padawan.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    The test group at Palm and the carriers (Sprint, VZW, Sin-gular) must be really small tight-knit groups. Not one disgruntled employee willing to tell us about the days work in detail from HOME where they can't monitor their internet and e-mail usage. What happened to the good 'ol days of theft of office information and questionable character? What gives people? Somewhere there has to be a Sprint or Palm employee hating his job waiting for the new offer to come through who is willing to spill the beans here...there just has to.
    God that cracked me up! There HAVE BEEN and we BLAST the crap out of every, single one when they post anything.

I wouldn't post a damn thing either. If I was the sensitive type.
    Which I'm not.
    Except when Perry's mean to me.

Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    garrod, this may shock you but I agree with much of what you so eloqently stated. (Did the world stop spinning for a moment just then?) I think that we are all missing one important fact about the alleged (I believe it is real) 700p. It is NOT aimed at current 650 owners. PALM wants those that have the 600 who need to upgrade and those PALM PDA users that have been waiting to buy a new phone, that don't have currently have a 650. The justification for me to upgrade is not near as good as that of my friend who has the 600 with poor screen rez, battrery problems, memory issues and just a plain "worn-out" phone. New users, not current Palm OS users, have been buying the 700w like candy. I see them everywhere. They are NEW customers to PALM. The 700P is set to get those that have 600s and those that have other Palm products to upgrade as well as attract new PALM customers. If they get 25% of the 650 owners to upgrade...that is just a bonus.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    God that cracked me up! There HAVE BEEN and we BLAST the crap out of every, single one when they post anything.

I wouldn't post a damn thing either. If I was the sensitive type.

AMEN!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    It is NOT aimed at current 650 owners. ... New users, not current Palm OS users, have been buying the 700w like candy. I see them everywhere. They are NEW customers to PALM.
    I'll vouch for that. I'll out myself right now: I don't own a Treo. But I'm waiting on the 700 (on either Sprint or Cingular) because I don't want to buy the 650 and then have upgrade envy in a month or two.
    Good grief! People are agreeing with me. This IS insanity!!!

Still no private offers to tell me the unforgiving truth about the alleged 700P...I am waiting...you will be protected. No names will be surrendered.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    garrod, this may shock you but I agree with much of what you so eloqently stated. (Did the world stop spinning for a moment just then?) I think that we are all missing one important fact about the alleged (I believe it is real) 700p. It is NOT aimed at current 650 owners. PALM wants those that have the 600 who need to upgrade and those PALM PDA users that have been waiting to buy a new phone, that don't have currently have a 650. The justification for me to upgrade is not near as good as that of my friend who has the 600 with poor screen rez, battrery problems, memory issues and just a plain "worn-out" phone. New users, not current Palm OS users, have been buying the 700w like candy. I see them everywhere. They are NEW customers to PALM. The 700P is set to get those that have 600s and those that have other Palm products to upgrade as well as attract new PALM customers. If they get 25% of the 650 owners to upgrade...that is just a bonus.
    They will be lucky to get 4% of the 650 users to upgrade with the specs rumored of the alleged 700P.
  10.    #790  
    I don't think the 700P will be $679, I believe it will come out around $619, the current 700W price.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/03/2006 at 07:29 PM.
    $499 would be the upper limits of blow out the door type sales for a launch. Anything above that is limiting the audience and setting an expectation.
  12.    #792  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    SILLY SEASON 700P SUMMARY
    (8 months into it)

gharrod: will NOT believe until Ed C. says he may believe.

perry: will believe until Ed C. says he may NOT believe..
    So where are we today? Has Ed C. called you yet?
  13.    #793  
    At Midnight:

36 Days

5,000th !! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Well, it was. . . . .)
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/03/2006 at 09:00 PM.
    I believe!!
    I actually agree with BigTex on this. I'm on a 600 now andjust waiting to jump.

As for the 700W, I had a few friends call me this year asking me about my Treo because they were interested in it because it now had windows on it.

I'm use the OS X and POS and am happy as could be and wouldn't switch on either, but for many of my windows loving friends, they were excited to see a WM5 based Treo.
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
    I was told by my contact at Sprint that the Treo 700p was going to be $399 for 2 year contract, $499 for 1 year. Thats what she told me, she's the one that hooked me up with a ppc-6700 to revieww for my site.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I was told by my contact at Sprint that the Treo 700p was going to be $399 for 2 year contract, $499 for 1 year. Thats what she told me, she's the one that hooked me up with a ppc-6700 to revieww for my site.
    What has she said about a release date lately?
    Yes, Ed C called. First he asked if any of us had a real life. Second he denied the existence of any device Palm has not supplied official announcement of in official press briefings. Then he went on to explain the way the Palm Secret Police (PSP) handle incidents. Something about it being similar to the movie Hostel whatever that means. Lastly he said things were tough there at Palm right now with no new product and wanted to know if I owned my own house and are interested in a free quote for new windows. Wait, no not MS Windows...
    Jimmie, I heard it on pretty good authority you had to buy the 6700 and then return it as not satisfied instead of getting it as a review unit since you have no press credentials.
    Gharrod you heard wrong. Having a site has some nice perks I would never buy a device that expensive to review, lol. I was going to get to keep it at a fraction of the price. I almost did it, since I liked the 6700 so much, but couldn't justify having 2 phone lines. Writing for Palm Addict and my site has gained me a ton of contacts in the mobile world that I am proud to have. You think I would have taken a device that I "thought" I was getting to review and Sprint would send me a device to review without giving them a credit card?? I haver no reason to lie, I am glad I've got good contacts, and great perks.
    Jimmie Geddes