Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Perry, If there is to be truth in advertising, I propose the following...

57 Days, give or take a few days
    Gotcha.

Or is that geatcha?

Duly noted.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Just my opinion Perry but I believe there decsion to use the same old form factor is going to hurt them in the long run. Remember smartphones are projected to become in high demand by average cell users. In order for Palm to gain market share in that cell phone user base there going to need to offer a more slim design.

The 700w sales are doing well, but I believe it's more of the Windows thing then the form factor thing, people love Windows, I don't know why but they do.

I see exactly what is going to happen here, people are going to run out and get the 700P and then the slim Hollywood is going to be released a short time after and people will be green with envy.

Yes the EVDO and more memory will be a warm welcome but that upgrade is just a given. They had to stick something in the same form factor to justify the $600 price tag.
    Hey Vike!

It will be interesting to see what the Hollywood has and looks like. IMHO it will certainly not be a Razr -- I think it will be a slightly slimmer antenna-less 700W.

I think the current form factor of the 650/700P is just right, I do not need slimmer -- just keep packing more into it -- more memory, more CPU power, more video, GPS?, whatever. I like the weight and size in my hand -- the screen size is fine. Of course -- I want my Treo to be a PDA first and a phone second -- so my preference is on the utility side and not the "sleek" side.

Now, if they can pack 12 hours of usage time into a battery the size of a cheez-it -- then slimmer may become a more viable option.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/13/2006 at 08:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    What happened exactly? Hardware problem?
    No. Every reviewer said it was top shelf, and those who played with it in NYC said it ran like a top. It had a great little OLED external display to boot. The story from Samsung was that Sprint just wasn't interested in having two different Palm OS units to support since they had committed to the Treo 600. I think it was as much a case that it was just one of a gazillion products for Samsung, while the Treo 600 was do or die for Handspring, so they pandered to Sprint while Samsung's marketing was "here it is if you want it."

Anyway, users twisted in the wind for a year and a half. In fact, they even pushed a GSM version (i530) out the door to the IOC for the Athens Olympics that still float around eBay now and again. They got great reviews and props form the officials who used them at the Olympics - but never saw the commercial light of day.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    You would of thought some would of learned there lesson from that, so as you call it a wimp, I call it a "Smart Viking".
    I am the epitome of the old saw:

Insanity is doing the same thing, the same way, repeatedly, but expecting a different result.
    When I spoke to my contact at Sprint last night she told me the 700p was going to be released definitely in May, most likely mid May.
    Jimmie Geddes
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    When I spoke to my contact at Sprint last night she told me the 700p was going to be released definitely in May, most likely mid May.

Jimmie, I pray that your source is right. Oh, how I would love for mine to be wrong. Not just for me, but all of TC. Besides the Air Force wants their Galaxy C5A (PPR) hanger back -- it will also take awhile to repaint it.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    ...Circumstances have put me in this position. I have been given information that is of value and interest to the TC community. I trust it 110% and will pass it along and defend it. This is not FWIW commentary.

gharrod -- if this is wrong and I have been hung out to dry -- I will be the first to tell you -- you were right -- just as soon as I recover from having lost all faith in humanity.

57 Days

Cheers, Perry
    Good buddy - I just love your cheer, sincerity, and good humor which have earned you the enviable reputation as a trusted member of our community. I BELIEVE that you believe your sources. I don't even think your sources are malicious, I just think it is TOO coincidental that this keeps slowly slipping towards the six month benchmark for the Verizon 700w exclusivity agreement. What we'll be seeing is a 700w for Sprint in June - maybe later a Palm version (I hope for your sake and sanity).

Warts and all, they already have the 700w working with EVDO on Verizon; that's just to easy to port to Sprint. In any event, we'll know shortly (I guess).
    Perry I hope she's right too, for everyone's sake,lol. I agree with you about the form factor of the 700p, the 700w feels so good in the hand.
    Jimmie Geddes
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Good buddy - I just love your cheer, sincerity, and good humor which have earned you the enviable reputation as a trusted member of our community. I BELIEVE that you believe your sources. I don't even think your sources are malicious, I just think it is TOO coincidental that this keeps slowly slipping towards the six month benchmark for the Verizon 700w exclusivity agreement. What we'll be seeing is a 700w for Sprint in June - maybe later a Palm version (I hope for your sake and sanity).

Warts and all, they already have the 700w working with EVDO on Verizon; that's just to easy to port to Sprint. In any event, we'll know shortly (I guess).
    Hey D! Friendly wager!

$10.00 Starbucks Card.

700W first on Sprint (whatever date) -- You win.
    700P first on Sprint (whatever date) -- I get a couple of Hot Chocolates!

Cheers, Perry.

Fair Warning -- before you accept -- remember that Shadowmite and my sources are stating 700P first. Hate for you to blow $10.
    Hey D! Friendly wager!

$10.00 Starbucks Card.

700W first on Sprint (whatever date) -- You win.
    700P first on Sprint (whatever date) -- I get a couple of Hot Chocolates!

Cheers, Perry.

Fair Warning -- before you accept -- remember that Shadowmite and my sources are stating 700P first. Hate for you to blow $10.
    You're on. I'll PM my mailing address for shipment.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    You're on. I'll PM my mailing address for shipment.

As if I'll need it.

As if I'll need it.
    IF
    (notice how BIG that is) on the off chance you win this wager, you have to share a cup of coco with your sweet sixteen, because it's her smiling face that gets you half the good will you've earned around here.
  13.    #73  

Of course, my Hot Choc will be medicated -- given she's driving and all.
    hmmm....a little friendly wager. How can I get a piece of this action??
  15.    #75  
    Hi Dutch!

Which side? Or are you just wanting to come out and play no matter what side you have to take?

Last edited by gtwo; 04/13/2006 at 10:05 AM.
    why yours of course
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    why yours of course
    Do I look like a sucker here? I've jumped on Perry's deal because of my big mouth (despite his warning that he's trading on insider information).

Sorry Dutch - With all the Treo fans around here, I'd have to buy a Starbuck's franchise before it was over.
  18.    #78  
    Let's see. If I take Dutch's bet I am guaranteed to break even. (Is that what they call market hedging?)

Nah, I got a guaranteed $10 as it is, no hedging necessary. . . .
    Let's see. If I take Dutch's bet I am guaranteed to break even. (Is that what they call market hedging?)

Nah, I got a guaranteed $10 as it is, no hedging necessary. . . .
    No, no, no my friend - I have a Starbuck's gift card coming MY WAY - let's not run afoul of the authorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    why yours of course
    I'll take your action Dutch.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast