Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    I remember the 650 was rumored for early fall '04 (Q3), but was not released until late November (Q4). Anyone know when the 600 was released?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    You guys do know that most fiscal years run from October 1 - September 30 and that we are already well into Q3 which started April 1 and runs through the end of June? The last time Palm mentioned a Q2 release for the 650 it came out in fiscal Q2 if I remember correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    You guys do know that most fiscal years run from October 1 - September 30 and that we are already well into Q3 which started April 1 and runs through the end of June? The last time Palm mentioned a Q2 release for the 650 it came out in fiscal Q2 if I remember correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year
    Ah, by that rationale, then, the 650 came out in Q1.

Anybody know when the 600 came out?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Ah, by that rationale, then, the 650 came out in Q1.

Anybody know when the 600 came out?

I got my Treo 650 in Nov of 04 and I purchased my Treo 600 in Feb of 04. I do not think the phone had been out for two long. I do know that I purchased the Treo 600 in Jan and then returned it; then the next month I tried the phone again, and purchased it from Best Buy. It took me two try's before I was happy with the phone. Did it come out in Nov or Dec of 03?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    ALso thank you for ignoring the agreement by several others in the forums that it is not a Palm owned webpage but an affiliate software reseller (kind of like ebay sellers are shown and linked to from ebay if you need an example).
    <beatingdeadhorse>
    You can agree all you want, but software.palm.com is owned by Palm. It may be operated by a company that is working with Palm, but it is not some mere unattached reseller. That subdomain is built into palm's site. Palm owns the site.
    </beatingdeadhorse>
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    I remember the 650 was rumored for early fall '04 (Q3), but was not released until late November (Q4). Anyone know when the 600 was released?
    The 600 was released on Sprint in the beginning of October 2003. It was still Handspring then and there was a lot of fanfare. That September they had cocktail party presentations with a 007 spy theme and women dressed as Bond Girls.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmattyh
    <beatingdeadhorse>
    You can agree all you want, but software.palm.com is owned by Palm. It may be operated by a company that is working with Palm, but it is not some mere unattached reseller. That subdomain is built into palm's site. Palm owns the site.
    </beatingdeadhorse>
    The 700P is no longer there, your point is mute.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Moot.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  9.    #729  
    It's all moot.

Week of May 15th Announce.

Week of June 5th for sale.

)
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Moot.
    Well said.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Moot.
    Thank you, I'm hard of hearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    It's all moot.

Week of May 15th Announce.

Week of June 5th for sale.

)
    T minus 13 days and counting. What happens if no announcement that week? Will your foundation start to crumble?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    If I were to take your logic I would have to say that 99.999999999% of the Palm software sites do not reference a 700P and this company which was the .000000001% which did has removed it. Thank you for further making my point Ambtreo. ALso thank you for ignoring the agreement by several others in the forums that it is not a Palm owned webpage but an affiliate software reseller (kind of like ebay sellers are shown and linked to from ebay if you need an example).
    Gharrod I am not a Palm expert, just a Treo enthusiast. Even if Palm is utilizing a 3rd party software reseller (which may in fact be true) I would still think they have final approval over changes to content as the site looks and feels as if it is a Palm operated site. Big corporations get the liability, even if they don't have the ownership (the site is PALM branded). Nonetheless, it doesn't really matter as I stick by my original point. The signs are all pointing to the impending end to this silly season. The most convincing evidence to me is Merlyn 3d's experience with the verification on the DUN by Shadowmite. I was sold at that point.

And my reference to Q3 above was not regarding the Sprint 700p but directed towards Hollywood, the VZW 700p and the Sprint 700w. I am on board with the 5/15 announcement and 6/9 availability.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Big corporations get the liability, even if they don't have the ownership (the site is PALM branded). Nonetheless, it doesn't really matter as I stick by my original point.
    So are you then saying that gharrod's point is moot?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Mute - he can't hear you.
  16.    #736  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    T minus 13 days and counting. What happens if no announcement that week? Will your foundation start to crumble?

No crumbling until late on June 9th.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/02/2006 at 04:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21

Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Mute - he can't hear you.
    Moot, Mute...whichever you prefer. The 700p is coming for sure. It is inevitable at this stage in the game.
    I am laughing at the MUTE/MOOT discussion. This is the funnist thing on the threads all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Well, we know that Tom Cruise will play Insertion, after all he is the munkee's idol.

Emma Watson can not be the avatar, that would be just wrong with Tom Cruise's ooops, I mean Insertion's comments.
    I want Jack Nicholson to play me not because I am that old (but sometimes as gruff) but he always has the babes by his side at the Lakers games...
  20.    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Can't be made. Only Jimmy Stewart could play Perry (think Its a Wonderful Life).

I would have been so honored.