Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1334
  1. #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Okay.

    Drive by shooting by an anonomous source:

    "Future Handset Launches:

    Treo 700P -- Palm based now launching the week of May 28th. SRP = $679.99"

    End of Life Handsets: based on current movement…

    Treo 650 – EOL on this handset is now the end of May. Treo will no longer produce this handset, in order to focus on the Treo 700P manufacturing.



    Thoughts?
    Ok, I have to pipe in here. This is tooooooo funny. Palm is announcing new markets for Treo650's as we speak and someone is telling you that no more Treo 650's are being produced and you believe a word this person has to say? Furthermore Treo never produced the handset. Palm did.

    The PPR is not the PTBR (P T Barnum Room) because he is right...One is born every second.
  2. #682  
    The issue now is that people who want to be a source and not get flamed are messaging Perry with a sense of their authority and feeding him their lines. Letting Perry take the heat. And then they come in here and flame me for being the logical thinker. Before, they would come in here and post as a new poster and be caught. I suspect Perry is being used as a shill to their schemes. Maybe it is really the Treo 700C (C for CON).
  3. #683  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    The issue now is that people who want to be a source and not get flamed are messaging Perry with a sense of their authority and feeding him their lines. Letting Perry take the heat. And then they come in here and flame me for being the logical thinker. Before, they would come in here and post as a new poster and be caught. I suspect Perry is being used as a shill to their schemes. Maybe it is really the Treo 700C (C for CON).
    It's time for another intervention. He quoting himself again, then asking himself questions. I scared.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  4. #684  
    Geatches I had to read your comments a few times to see if you meant me or Perry. I presume you mean Goat Boy. My fear is the PPR is turning into something of a desolate place. I truly hope there is a 700P. I fear there is not. The thing we all need to remember is that tere are a lot of important problems in the world which need our attention also and if a Treo is not announced by June 9th or the week of May 15 or whenever the sun will still rise in the east and set in the west (yes even at the PPR).
  5. #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Geatches I had to read your comments a few times to see if you meant me or Perry. I presume you mean Goat Boy. My fear is the PPR is turning into something of a desolate place. I truly hope there is a 700P. I fear there is not. The thing we all need to remember is that tere are a lot of important problems in the world which need our attention also and if a Treo is not announced by June 9th or the week of May 15 or whenever the sun will still rise in the east and set in the west (yes even at the PPR).
    I've been needling poor Perry all night for the posting-then-quoting-himself-then-asking-a-question-about-the-quote-that-he-originally-posted all night. I'll stop now. I want the 700P to come out for no other reason than so Perry will not think poorly of the trusted sources. My gut and brain tell me he will be disappointed.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  6. #686  
    Guys, this is getting all too weird. It's as bad as a cheap spy novel with disinformation and "deep throat" disclosures. We need to let Perry rest tonight and see if he's still hearing voices in the morning.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  7. #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Guys, this is getting all too weird. It's as bad as a cheap spy novel with disinformation and "deep throat" disclosures. We need to let Perry rest tonight and see if he's still hearing voices in the morning.
    Strawberries!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  8. #688  
    i just read all 687 posts in this thread. You guys should seriously make a movie.
  9. #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by mademan118
    i just read all 687 posts in this thread. You guys should seriously make a movie.
    It would be interesting to witness the squabbling over the residuals.
    Palm Personal --> Palm Vx --> Tungsten T --> waiting to get first Treo P (get on with it, Palm!)
  10. #690  
    The residuals would all be paid out in gift cards to Starbucks and iTunes anyway.
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I've been needling poor Perry all night for the posting-then-quoting-himself-then-asking-a-question-about-the-quote-that-he-originally-posted all night. I'll stop now. I want the 700P to come out for no other reason than so Perry will not think poorly of the trusted sources. My gut and brain tell me he will be disappointed.
    I have my trusted sources and I have my drive by sources -- I have always labeled them. I was providing a discussion point for the evening, which you all dutifully ignored. Mock me, as you will. I will have the last laugh.

    Cheers, Perry.

  12.    #692  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Guys, this is getting all too weird. It's as bad as a cheap spy novel with disinformation and "deep throat" disclosures. We need to let Perry rest tonight and see if he's still hearing voices in the morning.
    Voices?

    I hear voices. I hear many voices. Voices are my friends. They keep me company. They tell me things. Voices are my friends. They like me. They are kind. They tell me things. I listen to them. They keep me company. I will have them over for dinner. They like me.

    They cannot leave me now. . . . . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/02/2006 at 05:44 AM.
  13. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #693  
    Ok, I finally have to ask. I can't find a reference to this anywhere but Perry is that a self portrait of you as a kid? 'cause I want a picture of you on June 5 when they slap a 700p in your hands...it'll be the same expression only years later.

    I understand the naysayer arguments but if Palm truly had no intention of releasing something other than a Windows powered Treo...why have a designation at all? (700w). Why this need to break down the version? Perry, keep the speed dial to tele-sales in your 650...you'll need it; I'm sure.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  14. #694  
    Yes. I second that motion! We DEFINITELY need a pic of Perry on release day. The sad thing is, I'm going on vacation starting May 13th, and won't have internet access of ANY kind during that week. Yes, I had to work very hard to set up a vacation with no communications of any kind. However, it may be too much for me, and I might have to hike in on the 15th and see if I can get enough signal to check T/C on my Treo for just a sec!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  15. #695  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Voices?

    I hear voices. I hear many voices. Voices are my friends. They keep me company. They tell me things. Voices are my friends. They like me. They are kind. They tell me things. I listen to them. They keep me company. I will have them over for dinner. They like me.

    They cannot leave me now. . . . . . . .
    The voices never go away, Perry. Eventually, they will turn their attention to...other...things they'd like to see you do. At this point you simply have to remind yourself that the voices have never steered you wrong, and no one's going to miss a few cattle anyway.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  16. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #696  
    I think one of the more promising findings is that someone noticed that the newest version of the Sprint Connection Manager software has the Treo 700p as a supported device. You have to look for it in the Windows Regsitry once the software is installed but it IS there. What does that tell us?

    I think something like this is a little more promising than another leaked pic.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  17. #697  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Voices?

    I hear voices. I hear many voices. Voices are my friends. They keep me company. They tell me things. Voices are my friends. They like me. They are kind. They tell me things. I listen to them. They keep me company. I will have them over for dinner. They like me.

    They cannot leave me now. . . . . . . .
    Perry - have you been watching "A Beautiful Mind" again:

    Alicia: How big is the universe?
    Nash: Infinite.
    Alicia: How do you know?
    Nash: I know because all the data indicates it's infinite.
    Alicia: But it hasn't been proven yet.
    Nash: No.
    Alicia: You haven't seen it.
    Nash: No.
    Alicia: How do you know for sure?
    Nash: I don't, I just believe it.
    Alicia: It's the same with love [700p] I guess.

    PS - do any of those voices sound like Ed Harris?
    Last edited by dstrauss; 05/02/2006 at 09:00 AM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  18. #698  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I have my trusted sources and I have my drive by sources -- I have always labeled them. I was providing a discussion point for the evening, which you all dutifully ignored. Mock me, as you will. I will have the last laugh.

    Cheers, Perry.

    I don't think it's necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Voices?

    I hear voices. I hear many voices. Voices are my friends. They keep me company. They tell me things. Voices are my friends. They like me. They are kind. They tell me things. I listen to them. They keep me company. I will have them over for dinner. They like me.

    They cannot leave me now. . . . . . . .
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  19. #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...no one's going to miss a few cattle anyway.
    or goats!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  20. #700  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Ok, I finally have to ask. I can't find a reference to this anywhere but Perry is that a self portrait of you as a kid? 'cause I want a picture of you on June 5 when they slap a 700p in your hands...it'll be the same expression only years later.

    I understand the naysayer arguments but if Palm truly had no intention of releasing something other than a Windows powered Treo...why have a designation at all? (700w). Why this need to break down the version? Perry, keep the speed dial to tele-sales in your 650...you'll need it; I'm sure.
    This is a pic of his beautiful daughter who is a bit older now. What a classic pic!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.

Posting Permissions