Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    This is going to be one crazy June!
    No, it's going to be one EXPENSIVE June for you if you don't lay off the betting mill you've started. Maybe you should ask Vegas to start a book on this one.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Guys, I am retreating from this thread till a certain troublemaker leaves it. I do not want to see it closed.
  3.    #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    No, it's going to be one EXPENSIVE June for you if you don't lay off the betting mill you've started. Maybe you should ask Vegas to start a book on this one.

100 to 1, in favor of the 700P.

(No, that does not mean you would win $1,000)

4.    #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Guys, I am retreating from this thread till a certain troublemaker leaves it. I do not want to see it closed.
    Then you will have to PM your counterpoints to me!

(Sidebar: I am certainly not one to test ronbo's patience, but if this thread closed -- we would just start another one. Sorta the between a rock and a hard place scenario. I think we are safe -- as long as the conversation remains civil and semi on topic.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/01/2006 at 08:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I guess he means me....bye!

Back on topic....I am very confused why two credible members with, in their opinion, very credible sources have almost opposing data. (granted Perry's source does claim BOTH models will be released). Sprint cannot be that big that one hand does not know what the other is doing. Can it?
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Heel boy!

You're taking this way too seriously. Let's get back to the important issue at hand:

Taunting Perry for his unshakeable faith in Palm. Doom's source is right; the 700p sightings are a slight of hand trick to keep his eyes off where the ball is really going.

Woof! If I get a doggie treat I promise to behave.

Point taken
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  7.    #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    I guess he means me....bye!

Back on topic....I am very confused why two credible members with, in their opinion, very credible sources have almost opposing data. (granted Perry's source does claim BOTH models will be released). Sprint cannot be that big that one hand does not know what the other is doing. Can it?

Confusing, isn't it? Welcome to this rendition of Silly Season!

BTW -- my sources say only the 700P -- the both conversation came up in trying to reconcile sources saying one or the other. I do not think any Sprint source has said both.

EDIT: Opps, Cardio's source did say both. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/01/2006 at 10:16 AM.
    Never give up, never surrender!

BigTex will quit barking, and you stop poking him with a stick. We are too close to the signing of Perry's re-comittment papers (to the PPR) for you to walk out on the last real RELEASE thread left. Besides, the Three Stooges (you, me, and geatches) have been having too much fun at Perry's expense lately to let go now.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

I think it's sacrilege to put a quote from Galaxy Quest in the same post as one from Animal House. I think I hear Belushi rolling over in his grave.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    ....I am very confused why two credible members with, in their opinion, very credible sources have almost opposing data. (granted Perry's source does claim BOTH models will be released). Sprint cannot be that big that one hand does not know what the other is doing. Can it?
    Nice doggie. Scooby snacks for you....

This is THE SILLIEST (stupidist) Silly Season ever. I just refuse to beleive that the two largest carriers (Verizon and Sprint) are both going to carry two OS versions of bsically the same phone. I think 700w ans 700p were being competively field tested by both, and the 700w, despite its weakneses, won out due to the M$oft corporate connection. In a few weeks I could look pretty dumb (nothing new there), but THAT'S THE FACT JACK! (and I do not have ANY inside sources).
  11.    #631  
    No re-comittment papers will be neccessary. I will have died of a broken heart.

Broken by Palm.

Broken by my sources.

Broken by the lack of EV-DO on a PalmOS device.

Broken by having to take the onslaught of "What were you thinkin, Perry!!" posts.

It will be a very quick, but harsh passing.

However,

All moot points, I walk away with coffee and a 700P!!
    I can't believe the treo is the only palm option in this day and age. I personally hate the form factor of these bricks, but since I can't wait on LG forever, the 700p will have to do in the meantime. I just wish wifi was a possibility. I'd get rid of my axim x50v if the treo had built in wifi.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    I think it's sacrilege to put a quote from Galaxy Quest in the same post as one from Animal House. I think I hear Belushi rolling over in his grave.
    Sorry I didn't "SATISFY YOUR SENSE OF PROPORTION." (ID that one without help of the Google gods)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    ...It will be a very quick, but harsh passing
    Au contraire, mon ami...your good buddies here couldn't help but prolong the agony with a series of "what were you thinking?" cliches...
    I can't believe the treo is the only palm option in this day and age. I personally hate the form factor of these bricks, but since I can't wait on LG forever, the 700p will have to do in the meantime. I just wish wifi was a possibility. I'd get rid of my axim x50v if the treo had built in wifi.
    Get an 8125 or 6700 and you CAN ditch your Axim for a WM5 smartphone (don't forget Smartskeys, it's the icing on the cake).
    THAT'S THE FACT JACK!
    "That's mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat man"
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    "That's mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat man"
    Well, I do have TWO good eyes...
    yeah, but you **** out of one of them
    Well, I do have TWO good eyes...
  19.    #639  
    snip

Besides, the Three Stooges (you, me, and geatches) have been having too much fun at Perry's expense lately to let go now.

Ah, I see how it is, but that will make surfing the web on my Sprint Treo PalmOS 700P w/ EV-DO, all the more sweeter!

yeah, but you **** out of one of them
    Soooooo...you couldn't identify the quote challenge, huh? Maybe your new Sprint 700w next month will help you surf the web faster for a more quick witted response.