Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    BIG TIME OT...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo

I'm keeping the 650, but I think I'm going to try out the 8125. Too much uncertainty from Palm. They can't get their act together.
    I'd be very interested in your review of the 8125. Maybe I wasn't very diligent. I kept mine about a week before it was for sale on Ebay. Hopefully someone likes the device better than I did.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

The n4cer document was legit. Has a company never shifted it's targeted time frame for a launch? At the time frame of n4cer's document and it's confirmation -- I also had information from another source that said the time frame could slip depending on testing and other issues. There is no scam here -- there is changing information at the source that is being reported. I trust the sources.

Cheers, Perry
    Perry I trust you BUT the sources I do not. First they are annonymous. Second they have been wrong on the release date and appear to be wrong on the OS. I am fearful of a huge letdown here and that n4cers doc is a scam. There has to be a reason why he did not get back in this conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    BIG TIME OT...
    I enjoyed your posts for the simplicity and sheer beauty, now there is too much stuff going on. It reminds me of the n00b noise in his signature.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    May 28th has been changed to June 9th.

Is that better?
    of 2007 or 2008?
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I enjoyed your posts for the simplicity and sheer beauty, now there is too much stuff going on. It reminds me of the n00b noise in his signature.
    Way too much!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    of 2007 or 2008?
    Either, or.

Even if it came out tomorrow, I doubt I'd get it anyways.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Either, or.

Even if it came out tomorrow, I doubt I'd get it anyways.
    Same here. dstrauss is very happy with the 8125 (as are others) and I plan on testing it next month. If the 700P is ever released, it will probably be too late for me.
    All I know is Palm better make their announcement soon.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I have watched many devices get released, but this device by far takes the cake when it comes to twists and turns. 6 straight months of talk about this model and we still can't get a definite answer.

I know there are a lot of Palm loyalists who will wait to the bitter end but for the average Joe this model is not going to be a huge success. This model in no way will match the 650's sales numbers.
    What a wimp for a Viking. You obviously never lived through the eighteen months of torture with Samsung for all of us Sammy i500 owners (still the BEST form factor smartphone of all time) waiting for the the i550 - a Palm 5 OS with oodles of memory, SD, hi res, flip phone and small as the i500 -- even FCC approved; ultimately a version released in Mexico; teased for the entire time with demos at every comm meeting - one on display at the Samsung tech store in NYC.....AND IT NEVER WAS RELEASED!

I wake up nights screaming over Samsung's blunder - nothing compares to that level of frustration (brought down and entire board of folks over at PDAPhoneHome)

Shadowboxer - you were there - tell them of the horrors and pain.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I fancy something in a patina motiff.
    You guys are incorrigible. Did we offend someone somewhere at sometime?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Same here. dstrauss is very happy with the 8125 (as are others) and I plan on testing it next month. If the 700P is ever released, it will probably be too late for me.
    i am testing the 6700 right now...

i am in the same boat, i will not get whatever they release. it will be a day late and a dollar short, literally.

another guy in the office has the MDA as well, so i get to play with both all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    I'd be very interested in your review of the 8125. Maybe I wasn't very diligent. I kept mine about a week before it was for sale on Ebay. Hopefully someone likes the device better than I did.
    Cingular was supposed to have given you a refund if it was within 30 days.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    At this point I'm close to settling for the 650, since I don't have a treo at all right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    What a wimp for a Viking. You obviously never lived through the eighteen months of torture with Samsung for all of us Sammy i500 owners (still the BEST form factor smartphone of all time) waiting for the the i550 - a Palm 5 OS with oodles of memory, SD, hi res, flip phone and small as the i500 -- even FCC approved; ultimately a version released in Mexico; teased for the entire time with demos at every comm meeting - one on display at the Samsung tech store in NYC.....AND IT NEVER WAS RELEASED!

I wake up nights screaming over Samsung's blunder - nothing compares to that level of frustration (brought down and entire board of folks over at PDAPhoneHome)

What happened exactly? Hardware problem?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Perry I trust you BUT the sources I do not. First they are annonymous. Second they have been wrong on the release date and appear to be wrong on the OS. I am fearful of a huge letdown here and that n4cers doc is a scam. There has to be a reason why he did not get back in this conversation.
    Fear not my friend.

The doc was legit.

The sources are not annonymus to me.

No letdown coming.

There will be a 700P.

It will be the first 700 on Sprint.

It will be named Treo.

It will be from Palm.

It will have a keyboard.

I even hear you will be able to make phone calls with it!

Why would n4cer come back and take the heat that has been generated by this? As I have said -- you folks are being polite with me. And even though I knew giving any date change information would spawn a whole new wave of disbelief -- I did it anyway -- for one, it was the right thing to do and two, that is how much I trust my sources. Besides, a 1 to two week slippage on a general (internal to the company and not for the public) release date given two+ months ahead of the target date is not a biggie in my mind. I now know why ED C. and company only talk in terms of "this year" and why they were so upset with the Sagio "roadmap" leak last Fall and the aggressive dates given.

I am not here to beat my own drum. Circumstances have put me in this position. I have been given information that is of value and interest to the TC community. I trust it 110% and will pass it along and defend it. This is not FWIW commentary.

gharrod -- if this is wrong and I have been hung out to dry -- I will be the first to tell you -- you were right -- just as soon as I recover from having lost all faith in humanity.

57 Days

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/13/2006 at 07:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss

You would of thought some would of learned there lesson from that, so as you call it a wimp, I call it a "Smart Viking".
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I have watched many devices get released, but this device by far takes the cake when it comes to twists and turns. 6 straight months of talk about this model and we still can't get a definite answer.

I know there are alot of Palm loyalists who will wait to the bitter end but for the average Joe this model is not going to be a huge success. This model in no way will match the 650's sales numbers.
    A 650 with EV-DO and more memory . . . . . ?!?!

Oh, my friend, you have been guarding the PPR for much too long. The 700P will just continue the sales history of the 650. The average Joe has not wallowed here with us for the last 6 months, it will sell. Besides, the 700P will have a 20 month run before the my 900P arrives.

Cheers!!, Perry.
    A 650 with EV-DO and more memory . . . . . ?!?!

Oh, my friend, you have been guarding the PPR for much too long. The 700P will just continue the sales history of the 650. The average Joe has not wallowed here with us for the last 6 months, it will sell. Besides, the 700P will have a 20 month run before the my 900P arrives.

Cheers!!, Perry.

Just my opinion Perry but I believe there decsion to use the same old form factor is going to hurt them in the long run. Remember smartphones are projected to become in high demand by average cell users. In order for Palm to gain market share in that cell phone user base there going to need to offer a more slim design.

The 700w sales are doing well, but I believe it's more of the Windows thing then the form factor thing, people love Windows, I don't know why but they do.

I see exactly what is going to happen here, people are going to run out and get the 700P and then the slim Hollywood is going to be released a short time after and people will be green with envy.

Yes the EVDO and more memory will be a warm welcome but that upgrade is just a given. They had to stick something in the same form factor to justify the $600 price tag.

57 Days

Cheers, Perry
    Perry, If there is to be truth in advertising, I propose the following...

57 Days, give or take a few days
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast