Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mymellowman
    gharrod, have you used the phone yet? I'm really interested in the potential that they have, I just don't see it being a viable option yet.
    I am going to be testing it over the next few days. So far it seems pretty solid. Turned it on and it discovered my Netgear network immediately. It is a UT Starcom device. Imagine as entire cities become blanketed with wifi coverage how great this will be. My prime concerns are battery life and call quality. Lastly is how it will work in different hotspots. I will take it to Panera and Starbucks and try those two to see how easily it connects.
    Last edited by gharrod; 04/30/2006 at 04:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Geatches: good point, apparently not a national promo at this depth, but the rebate from Palm and some level of discounting appears to be national.

Cheers, Perry.
    So (and not to get your goat Perry) let me understand this is a limited promotion at a single Sprint reseller in MI not a national promo to blow out all those dust gathering Treos? Just trying to get full disclosure here because previous posts would have had us believe differently.
  3.    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    So (and not to get your goat Perry) let me understand this is a limited promotion at a single Sprint reseller in MI not a national promo to blow out all those dust gathering Treos? Just trying to get full disclosure here because previous posts would have had us believe differently.
    Hey gharrod!

My Sprint store (and I will check on it's sister stores) are doing the net $99 on a new 2 year contract. How widespread or how widespread it will become around the country is unknown.

What is known, is one of the rebates involved is $50 from Palm for purchases made April 23 thru July 29th.

I was in error in assuming it was a national promotion to that depth, so far it is only a Palm $50 national rebate.

Hey buddy -- you never said yea or nea on the gift card of our choice when you were bemoaning the fact that you could not get in on dstrauss's action. You game or no? Sprint Treo 700P for sale by June 9th. Or do you wish to just make it an "electronic" handshake bet?

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/29/2006 at 04:13 PM.
    Hey gharrod!

My Sprint store (and I will check on it's sister stores) are doing the net $99 on a new 2 year contract. How widespread or how widespread it will become around the country is unknown.

What is known, is one of the rebates involved is $50 from Palm for purchases made April 23 thru July 29th.

I was in error in assuming it was a national promotion to that depth, so far it is only a Palm $50 national rebate.

Hey buddy -- you never said yea or nea on the gift card of our choice when you were bemoaning the fact that you could not get in on dstrauss's action. You game or no? Sprint Treo 700P for sale by June 9th. Or do you wish to just make it an "electronic" handshake bet?

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry,

I would like a piece of the action, Starbucks if you don't mind. I figure you're going there already to buy D a card, why not me too. Say a friendly $10?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Hey gharrod!

Cheers, Perry.
    I missed your offer earlier. Let me know what your poison is Perry for a $10 gft card. May 9th or before is your release timeframe or are you waffling on that Mr IHOP?

And as a sidelight I find it incredible that your daughter was blessed with her offer to help bring to this earth her new pup. You truly have a wonderful daughter for the breeder to make that offer. Be proud my friend.
    Only 25 posts to 1000 for me. Woohoo gonna get that damned little phone icon yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Perry,

I would like a piece of the action, Starbucks if you don't mind. I figure you're going there already to buy D a card, why not me too. Say a friendly $10?
    Perry, you know three's your limit, so geatches and gharrod are the last ones now. You'll need extra money for those horse tranquilizers come June 20.

geatches - thank you for keeping him within his limit.

gharrod - better hop on board quick.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  8.    #568  
    Yes to both geatches and gharrod. (Where did May 9th come from?)

Sprint Treo 700P for sale by June 9th.

BTW -- You two make 4. Ronbo has some action too.

That's it folks. . .. . .

Cheers, Perry.
    You all realize (me included) that Perry has not really revealled anything. He has so far managed to get four guys to pawn up for coffee. Doesn't anyone think there's something one sided here?
    The bible says that there will be a 700p.

Please open to Perry 2:12

"And then God said, let there be 700p"

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    that's the funniest thing I ever heard.
  12.    #572  
    Actually guys, I will take Best Buy cards. . . . . . . . . I don't do coffee. (Diet Coke is my poison.) But if neccessary, I can earn some brownie points with co-workers with Starbucks cards..

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/29/2006 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    You all realize (me included) that Perry has not really revealled anything. He has so far managed to get four guys to pawn up for coffee. Doesn't anyone think there's something one sided here?
    Perry's off is meds. If his wife finds out he's going to lose $30, he'll be sleeping in the PPR (pretty pink reckroom).
  14.    #574  
    That's, WIN $40, Thank You.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    The bible says that there will be a 700p.

Please open to Perry 2:12

"And then God said, let there be 700p"

Isn't Perry 6:09
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mymellowman
    Isn't Perry 6:09
    Oh yes, you are correct. My mistake. Perry 2:12 is "And then God said, "Let them roam the PPR for 40 years before they find the promised 700p(aradise)."

Thank you for that correction.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    There are a lot of tangibles in the marketplace. There is only one reality though and that is what exists.

There is a groundswell of evidence the 700P does not exist. Sprint (named) exutives and testers who unanimously claim they have no evidence of the existance of the P. Sprint comunications referring only to a 700 and no mention ow WM5 or POS. Sprint approximate release date may be in line with the VZW exclusivity agreement on the 700W. The only evidence of the 700P is from new posters who hit and run with blurry or easily faked pictures then they amazingly never return with the promised "more info."

How can I believe anything they say when they join the discussion for a matter of an hour or two and then run off never to be heard again. Anyone who has such evidence and wishes to shut me up PM me and you will be protected from exposure and give me tangible evidence and if I believe it I will be a convert.

I have a good friend @ Sprint, VP of Corp Stuff who's name is Jack Mehoff. He has assured me that there will be a 700p and that you, gharrod, are a Negative Nelly as well as a M$ stooge!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    I have a good friend @ Sprint, VP of Corp Stuff who's name is Jack Mehoff. He has assured me that there will be a 700p and that you, gharrod, are a Negative Nelly as well as a M$ stooge!
    Your friend must be a real jerk-off.
    VP of Corp Stuff? Is that the official title?

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Your friend must be a real jerk-off.
    Yup! But he loves the Palm OS. Can't figure out why.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!