Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    I give up on you guys tonight - you're just too sharp for me. Good night.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I give up on you guys tonight - you're just too sharp for me. Good night.

Yes, go prepare for that card purchase at Starbucks.
    Why don't you two get a room! You're faced with the greatest mystery since the big bang theory, and you can't stay focused on the job at hand and solve the duality of 700w and 700p. Tsk tsk
    Wrong. The big bang takes place in 717 days...Emma, prepare for action!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #524  
    Sprint Treo 700P

41 Days.

Last edited by gtwo; 04/29/2006 at 09:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    This one's for you Munk...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    I'm sorry, but this is getting creepy - let's get back to bashing Perry for his UNabashed faith in Palm.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I'm sorry, but this is getting creepy...
    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi gharrod !!

As always, we interpret the data differently.

Why "dump" the 650 if only the 700W is coming out? I would leave the PalmOS alternative with a better screen in the market at half price -- not at 25% of the price.

Dumping the 650 means to me -- that the replacement for the 650 is near -- and that would be the 700P.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry it is my role here to be our counterpoint.

I do not think they are dumping the 650's but I think the increased volum of 650 sales and the lifetime of production gives them greater production cost savings. Secondly I believe the carriers understand the value of having the PDA/phone as they get to charge for voice AND data. I don't hear anyone complaining that the RAZR is being "dumped" because it's price went down. This is wid speculation and self-actualization on the part of those who have bought into the 700P idea. Maslow would side with me on this one (and NO HE IS NOT a Sprint CSR).
    Aww, come on D, let us argue.

Of course, yours is one plausible explanation for all this. The 2nd would be the dual release. However, the statment by Mr. Sal Todaro, Regional DVP for the Southeast . . . . puzzles me, and I cannot fit it to the dual release theory.. . .

Oh well, time will tell.

Cheers, Perry.
    I think my idea of a single phone that you can decide at time of box opening which OS to load makes the most sense of all. But Palm wants higher inventory levels for the initial boost in sales. My idea is they can have the same amount of sales with reduced cost. Palm, are you listening???
    Ah! You still think it is a mystery!
    Perry, back away from the goat droppings. They are effecting your thought process...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I do not think they are dumping the 650's but I think the increased volum of 650 sales and the lifetime of production gives them greater production cost savings. Secondly I believe the carriers understand the value of having the PDA/phone as they get to charge for voice AND data. I don't hear anyone complaining that the RAZR is being "dumped" because it's price went down. This is wid speculation and self-actualization on the part of those who have bought into the 700P idea. Maslow would side with me on this one (and NO HE IS NOT a Sprint CSR).
    This is a reasonable explanation. However, I recall similar price drops right before a new PDA release in the past.

Once the 700p is released, does anybody think the 650 will still be available? would this constitute their tiered level products they touted some time ago?
  12.    #532  
    Sprint Treo 700P

41 Days.

My statement for the day. (For the time being. )
  13.    #533  
    That lasted long.

Hey dstrauss!

I was thinking about your 'not going to be brought to market theory.'

That might have been easier for Samsung to do with a large stable of products, but I feel that would be much harder for Palm to swallow.

Besides, the beta tester and network tester I have spoken with have said testing went well.

I still cannot reconcile Doom's info though.

Silly Season continues . . . . . . . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    This is a reasonable explanation. However, I recall similar price drops right before a new PDA release in the past.

Once the 700p is released, does anybody think the 650 will still be available? would this constitute their tiered level products they touted some time ago?
    The 600 was available from Verizon for quite some time after the 650 was released. I think it was about $100 cheaper to start. Considering the differences between the 600 and 650 look to be far greater than the 700p and 650 if they want to move the 650's they will have to be dropped to 299 or even 249 with a 2 year contract.

I'm curious if Palm has stopped manufacturing new 650's. Does anyone know when they stopped making 600's in conjunction with the 650 release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

I hadn't been paying attention to WHO Emma Watson was, just that you kept mentioning her.

Now that I know?

You're sick, Munk.

You need help.

Although I am strangely...nevermind.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    That lasted long.

Hey dstrauss!

I was thinking about your 'not going to be brought to market theory.'

That might have been easier for Samsung to do with a large stable of products, but I feel that would be much harder for Palm to swallow.

Besides, the beta tester and network tester I have spoken with have said testing went well.

I still cannot reconcile Doom's info though.

Silly Season continues . . . . . . . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Mi "info" can tah! Mi "info" can de lah! Shadrach! Mi can de tak sa "info"! Meschach! Mi "info" se la deso! Abednego!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  17.    #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    The 600 was available from Verizon for quite some time after the 650 was released. I think it was about $100 cheaper to start. Considering the differences between the 600 and 650 look to be far greater than the 700p and 650 if they want to move the 650's they will have to be dropped to 299 or even 249 with a 2 year contract.

I'm curious if Palm has stopped manufacturing new 650's. Does anyone know when they stopped making 600's in conjunction with the 650 release?
    They will be moving the 650s: Sprint is now be offering them for $99 net with a two year contract. ($199-$100 in rebates.)

Cheers, Perry.
    They will be moving the 650s: Sprint is now be offering them for $99 net with a two year contract. ($199-$100 in rebates.)

Cheers, Perry.
    ???
    Sprint Link
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD

I would also bet that Sprints corporate sales are being highly compromised by VZW and the Treo700W which has better corporate functionality. Before the 700W was released Sprint could charge whatever they wanted for their 650's and claim to be equal to the corporate market. Now they have to play from behind. I see this not as a dumping of the Treo 650's but an admission by Sprint that POS is not in their future.

This is very basic marketing logic.
    WAIT JUST A MINUTE!
    I just looked the Treo 650 up on Sprint and it is not $99! It is $299 after all rebates. Check the link!
    http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/co...983bf0e7c0a70f

Now, it may be true tht they are offering it for some corporate accounts at a reduced fee of $99 but that just proves my point they are giving special deals to regain momentum in the corporate market.

I can get a Sprint wireless card for my laptop for free with my corporate standing. If I follow your logic does that mean they are blowing out all those devices? I think not. Be careful of the arguements you make with only divulging half the facts that is a dangerous slope to navigate.