Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    My stance is I am about to say don't care which is released and pick up either the 8125 or the 6700 depending on best coverage.
    I'm with you brother, just waiting for mid May to upgrade.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    My position? I WANT to believe, but I don't. I have friends who are network engineers for Sprint. A few days ago they told me they were testing the new Treo. I was ecstatic...until I remembered to ask which OS, and was told Windows. Only Windows. Four different guys from four different parts of the country and no Palm in sight.
    Hi Doom!

Are these folks the first in the testing stream or the last? Could it be that they are just starting on the W, for a later in the summer release? My folks, for the last 3 months have said the P only was coming to Sprint in May/June and there was no W in sight. I have had beta testers tell me they tested the P are done and have turned them in and are waiting for their free "P".

How do we reconcile these two opposing sets of data?

It makes sense that the "W" woud now enter the testing stream if they are done and ready to distribute the P. (Remember three months ago when Shadowmite said they were testing the P and it would probably be May at the earliest for release, given where it was in the testing process. And at that time he said NO W was being tested.) Could it be that Sprint is just starting on the W now and it will follow the same path?

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/27/2006 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Doom!

Are these folks the first in the testing stream or the last? Could it be that they are just starting on the W, for a later in the summer release? My folks, for the last 3 months have said the P only and no W in sight. I have had beta testers tell me they tested the P are done and have turned them in and are waiting for their free "P".

How do we reconcile these two opposing sets of data?

It makes sense that the "W" woud now enter the testing stream if they are done and ready to distribute the P.

Cheers, Perry.
    But if Doom's guys were "first in the testing stream," shouldn't they have seen the P by now?
  4.    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    But if Doom's guys were "first in the testing stream," shouldn't they have seen the P by now?
    I agree with that thought geatches. Could it be that WM5 engineers are a different set than than the POS engineers? Don't know. Just trying to make sense of ALL the data.

Cheers, Perry.
    Could it be that WM5 engineers are a different set than than the POS engineers? Cheers, Perry.
    Good question. Do they test hardware, software, or both?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I agree with that thought geatches. Could it be that WM5 engineers are a different set than than the POS engineers? Don't know. Just trying to make sense of ALL the data.

Cheers, Perry.
    I hear you on that possibility, Perry but 4 different techs from different parts of the U.S.? Either Doom has a lot of bad luck or something ain't right.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Position:

The 700p will be released by Sprint on June 5th (I don't care what they are doing with the 700W). It will have approximatetly 52 MB of free memory or 2.3 times what the 650 has. It will have EVDO and Bluetooth 1.2. This is the word. I feel better now.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    Position:

The 700p will be released by Sprint on June 5th (I don't care what they are doing with the 700W). It will have approximatetly 52 MB of free memory or 2.3 times what the 650 has. It will have EVDO and Bluetooth 1.2. This is the word. I feel better now.
    Perry, is that you?
  9.    #429  
    Perry, is that you?
    Sure does sound like me !!

I feel the same way. The first week of June is a done deal for the Sprint 700P from all my sources. The only way I reconcile the sets of data, for the moment, is that the testing on the W is just starting. (Sorry dstrauss.)

Cheers, Perry.
    My position:

Some 700 device will come to Sprint very soon. Whether that be the 700w, or 700p, I couldn't care less. Whatever one comes to Sprint, I will get it. Based on the specs of each, I honestly see positives and negatives of each. Now I think it would be ideal if both were released at the same time, as then I could choose which one. However, only a small numebr of people have reported hearing this, while a large number have heard for the 700p or the 700w only. We have also heard a lot of people saying they've seen stuff on computer screens at Sprint stores that tell of a 700, but don't say w or p. This would account then for two sides emerging (those that believe it will be the w and those that believe it will be the p) from inside Sprint. I haven't been totally convinced as to which one will emerge first, but there just seems to more rumors about the 700p on Sprint. I'm leaning toward that side, but I am still mostly moderate. We'll just have to wait and see. If Perry is correct, then there should be a May 15th announcement. Unless the device were pused way back, there should be no reason to delay the announcement.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Position:

700P will be released with old OS mid-summer 2006 on Sprint as a stopgap till the ALPS OS is readied. It will have a non-upgradable EVDO (can't be changed to RevA for example) and of course no wifi. It will ony have 32 mb of RAM and will be a disappointment to the marketplace. Palm justifies this by saying they needed to "refresh" the 650 to compete in the corporate sector. It will have the blackberry connect and most non-corporate Treo users will reject that in favor of the wildly popular Chatter. It will come with mobile TV onboard but will be bought by very few as the $9.99 a month fee will be twice what the market will accept.

My advice wait till the screaming fast, more memory, wifi, sleeker Treo (my codename for it is "The Force") comes out in early 2007. It will be a device you can decide at the point you open the box whether to go WM5.5 or POS/ALPS with the linux backbone.

Waiiiiiittttt?? Was this supposed to be 15 words or less?
  12.    #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    I hear you on that possibility, Perry but 4 different techs from different parts of the U.S.? Either Doom has a lot of bad luck or something ain't right.
    Hey Doom!

Can you ask your folks if they can find out if a P has been tested already by a different group and where they fit in the timing from testing to release. Are they 4-5 months in the timing chain from release or 1 month? What has been their prior experience with testing and release?

We either have a dual release going or the W is just starting the process.

Cheers, Perry.
    Hey Doom!

Can you ask your folks if they can find out if a P has been tested already by a different group and where they fit in the timing from testing to release. Are they 4-5 months in the timing chain from release or 1 month? What has been their prior experience with testing and release?

We either have a dual release going or the W is just starting the process.

Cheers, Perry.
    OR, they gave up on 700p and are testing a better 700w replacement.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  14.    #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    OR, they gave up on 700p and are testing a better 700w replacement.
    Don't go there Strauss.

First week of June, buddy. Start getting that envelope ready. I will PM you my mailing address. Those Hot Chocolates are going to be tasty.
    I got a response back from sprint from the email that was posted yesterday by a 1-time-poster. I didn't get anything remotely close to the same response he claimed, as you can see here:

Dear [CountBuggula],

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I will be happy to assist you regarding the Treo 700.

Currently, Treo 700 W is not being offered by Sprint. However, be assured that Sprint continuously strives to provide new products and services to our valued customers.

Whenever Sprint PCS will launch the phone we will inform all our customers through high profile promotion. Every month we launch new fashionable & stylish phones , which have all the best technologies, and loaded with the exciting features.

You can keep a check on our Web site for any updates in this regard.

Thank you for emailing us. We appreciate your relationship with us, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sarrah
    E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"

Refer someone to Sprint and get $25. Dial #REF or visit a store for details.

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    To: ecare@cc.sprintpcs.com
    Subject: ID # 20060426000033
    Body:
    ========================================================================
    Name: [CountBuggula]
    Form: Ask A Question Learn OR Feedback and Suggestions - Learn
    Topic: Products and Services
    Contact Number: ***-***-****
    Question:I would like to upgrade my Treo 600 to another phone, and am very interested in the Treo 700p. Is it available yet? If not , when are you releaseing it? Thanks
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    I'm with you brother, just waiting for mid May to upgrade.
    I third the motion.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17.    #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula
    I got a response back from sprint from the email that was posted yesterday by a 1-time-poster. I didn't get anything remotely close to the same response he claimed, as you can see here:

Dear [CountBuggula],

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I will be happy to assist you regarding the Treo 700.

Currently, Treo 700 W is not being offered by Sprint. However, be assured that Sprint continuously strives to provide new products and services to our valued customers.

Whenever Sprint PCS will launch the phone we will inform all our customers through high profile promotion. Every month we launch new fashionable & stylish phones , which have all the best technologies, and loaded with the exciting features.

Thank you for emailing us. We appreciate your relationship with us, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sarrah
    E-Care

------------------------
    Body:
    Question:I would like to upgrade my Treo 600 to another phone, and am very interested in the Treo 700p. Is it available yet? If not , when are you releaseing it? Thanks

Interesting. You queried on the 700P and she responded back on the 700W is not being offered by Sprint. I will step to the side and let Strauss make points with this one.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula

Dear [CountBuggula],

Sarrah
    E-Care

------------------------
    Body:
    I think a similar letter was posted a few months back. Don't take too much from it. It's just a standard form letter. All it says factually is "Currently, Treo 700 W is not being offered by Sprint." Well...DUH!!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Interesting. You queried on the 700P and she responded back on the 700W is not being offered by Sprint. I will step to the side and let Strauss make points with this one.

Cheers, Perry.
    See? This proves my point even more. The employees don't know their p's from their w's.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    "Paging Mr. Holden...Mr P.W. Holden..."