Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 1334
  1. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Anybody gonna trade sides today?

    Anybody remember what the sides are?


    SUMMARY:

    perry: Sprint 700P, Week of May 15th announce, Week of June 5th Release.
    dstrauss: Sprint 700W, (Week of May 15th announce, Week of June 5th Release?)
    gharrod: Wants to believe in the 700P, but has seen no bankable data.
    geatches: Ya know, I don't know what your postion is.

    Okay, this is sign in day. Everyone give us your 15 words or less position statement below!

    (This should, at least, get us thru 1 or 2 more days of this unending wait.)

    Cheers, Perry.

    Given that I am a bit of an optimisit; I'll side with Perry - 700P First week of June.


    ---Sorry I might be a word over there.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  2. #402  
    The ONLY thing I don't believe is Sprint releasing a P and W around the same time.
  3.    #403  
    Opps -- left off the possible Verizon 700P launch at the same time as the Sprint 700P.

    I am buying into that theory.
  4. #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Anybody gonna trade sides today?

    Anybody remember what the sides are?


    SUMMARY:

    perry: Sprint 700P, Week of May 15th announce, Week of June 5th Release.
    dstrauss: Sprint 700W, (Week of May 15th announce, Week of June 5th Release?)
    gharrod: Wants to believe in the 700P, but has seen no bankable data.
    geatches: Ya know, I don't know what your postion is.

    Okay, this is sign in day. Everyone give us your 15 words or less position statement below!

    (This should, at least, get us thru 1 or 2 more days of this unending wait.)

    Cheers, Perry.
    Position clarification:

    Sprint 700W before 700P, regardless release date (I have little faith, if any, in Palm being able to give birth by the first week of June - Palm has the gestation period of an elephant).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  5. #405  
    GIVEN: the Verizon 700W is getting slammed for lack of memory (32mb)

    ASSUME: the rumors around here are right that the 700P has 64mb on a more efficient OS

    ASSUME: they really will release a 700P for Verizon

    ASSUME: they really will release both the 700W and 700P (that order) on Sprint

    ASSUME: Palm cannot release a 64mb 700W for Sprint and not for Verizon

    QUESTION: how many seconds before the 700W crowd sue Palm?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6. #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Anybody gonna trade sides today?

    Anybody remember what the sides are?


    SUMMARY:

    perry: Sprint 700P, Week of May 15th announce, Week of June 5th Release.
    dstrauss: Sprint 700W, (Week of May 15th announce, Week of June 5th Release?)
    gharrod: Wants to believe in the 700P, but has seen no bankable data.
    geatches: Ya know, I don't know what your postion is.

    Okay, this is sign in day. Everyone give us your 15 words or less position statement below!

    (This should, at least, get us thru 1 or 2 more days of this unending wait.)

    Cheers, Perry.
    Here is my position, clear as mud...

    Perry, I want to believe Palm is coming out, but I'm so used to them disappointing me so I say no, they will not make your deadline. P.S. When they do finally put something out, it will not be enough for me to purchase given the alleged specs.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  7. #407  
    The 700p is supposed to have 32 MB of ram (just like the 700w) and 64 MB of (available) storage (just like the 700w). Hardwarewise, except for the 320x320 screen, they are identical devices. Its just that the numbers mean different things for different OS's. For WM its extremely cramped, but for Garnet its like heaven.

    I can see the 700p being hacked to run WM on a 320x320 screen.

    Surur
  8.    #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    GIVEN: the Verizon 700W is getting slammed for lack of memory (32mb)

    ASSUME: the rumors around here are right that the 700P has 64mb on a more efficient OS

    ASSUME: they really will release a 700P for Verizon

    ASSUME: they really will release both the 700W and 700P (that order) on Sprint

    ASSUME: Palm cannot release a 64mb 700W for Sprint and not for Verizon

    QUESTION: how many seconds before the 700W crowd sue Palm?
    Supposedly the 700W was a base business device that corporate IT mangers could implement in a "business solutions" sort of way. I don't think it was being positioned as a consumer "end all" type of device.

    Next Question will be: "What's Ed's fallout plan for talking with Bill?"
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/27/2006 at 09:26 AM.
  9. #409  
    My stance? Doing the "I need to pee really bad" dance while waiting to upgrade. But hey, at least I don't still have my 300. Could be worse.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  10. #410  
    Perry, I'm with you bro.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  11. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    The 700p is supposed to have 32 MB of ram (just like the 700w) and 64 MB of (available) storage (just like the 700w). Hardwarewise, except for the 320x320 screen, they are identical devices. Its just that the numbers mean different things for different OS's. For WM its extremely cramped, but for Garnet its like heaven.

    I can see the 700p being hacked to run WM on a 320x320 screen.

    Surur
    I lifted this from palminfocenter so take it for what it's worth...they are purporting that there will be 62.8mb of usable RAM. If you've already seen this...my apologies but I just thought I'd throw another speculative number out there for Perry.

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...-june-release/
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  12. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #412  
    My stance is I am about to say don't care which is released and pick up either the 8125 or the 6700 depending on best coverage.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  13. #413  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    I lifted this from palminfocenter so take it for what it's worth...they are purporting that there will be 62.8mb of usable RAM. If you've already seen this...my apologies but I just thought I'd throw another speculative number out there for Perry.

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...-june-release/
    When they say RAM they mean flash ROM. Palm devices never really talk about actual REAL RAM (tm).

    Surur
  14. #414  
    I am thinking there's more to this scheduling thing than meets the eye. It's a given that you don't follow a better, faster , cooler device with one that doesn't quite measure up. If they released the 700w after the 700p, I gotta think the pundit community, justified or not, would be all over the 700w like ravenous wolves harping on "screen not as good, "memory not as good", "one hand functionality not as good". By putting the 700p out 6 months later, of course it's better, it's newer.

    I wonder whether Palm really is saying "we'll give ya whatever OS ya want" or is there a background strategy which hints that "we'll give ya WM if ya want, but if you want to see this thing really fly....what we got here is better". If I am B. Gates, I'd be insisting that the user experience be comparable .... and like every MS OS, the new one is always slower than the old one on the same hardware. So if I am BG I'd be insisting that the 700p be called the 750 or something so I'd have a defense.
  15. #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    jaharr

    Perry and the rest of the gang around here already knows this, but for all our "kidding around" on TC, NO ONE is authoritative enough around here for anyone to lose one minutes sleep concerning their plans or decisions because of what another person posts - whether Positive or Negative. Please don't be discouraged by my rants, even though I'm usually right!

    This is just a great way to let off steam (and for me to win Breakfast Blend for a week from Perry).
    No lost sleep here, dstrauss, but thanks for your concern. Just my way of illustrating why I am, nay, NEED to be with Perry on this one. This has been one entertaining thread, with a little bit of everything: drama, suspicion, humor, sarcasm, tragedy, joy, etc.
  16. #416  
    well, since my birthday is June 1, clearly palm will have a 700p for the week of my birthday!
  17. #417  
    I'm with Perry on the 700P coming to Sprint (don't know what dates)...
    Ambilalent on if a 700W will be on Sprint around the same time.
    But I hope that a Vzn 700P is not too far away either.
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  18. #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    ... This has been one entertaining thread, with a little bit of everything: drama, suspicion, humor, sarcasm, tragedy, joy, etc.
    That's us, the Sybil's of the cyberworld.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  19. #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Anybody gonna trade sides today?

    Anybody remember what the sides are?


    SUMMARY:

    perry: Sprint 700P, Week of May 15th announce, Week of June 5th Release.
    dstrauss: Sprint 700W, (Week of May 15th announce, Week of June 5th Release?)
    gharrod: Wants to believe in the 700P, but has seen no bankable data.
    geatches: Ya know, I don't know what your postion is.

    Okay, this is sign in day. Everyone give us your 15 words or less position statement below!

    (This should, at least, get us thru 1 or 2 more days of this unending wait.)

    Cheers, Perry.
    Will May 15th ever get here?? We are not even to the last day of April, whew!
  20. #420  
    My position? I WANT to believe, but I don't. I have friends who are network engineers for Sprint. A few days ago they told me they were testing the new Treo. I was ecstatic...until I remembered to ask which OS, and was told Windows. Only Windows. Four different guys from four different parts of the country and no Palm in sight.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.

Posting Permissions