Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoHoTreo

"Dear (SoHoTreo),

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I will be happy
    to assist you regarding the phone upgrade.

We have recently launched some new phone which can be viewed on our Web site, simply by clicking on the following hyperlink:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/Ph...ies/Phones.jsp

The Treo 700 Phone will be launched in the first week of June month, after which you can upgrade your current phone model.
    It's fake. No P or W in the "Sprint" response. But he put it in the title of his 1st post.
    Even Sprint reps grammar aint this horrible: "first week of June month"
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.”
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula
    I just sent the exact same message at the exact same location just to verify (as I'm also a Sprint 600 owner). I'll let you know when/if I get a reply. These one-post people...I tell ya...
    Excuuuse me! I just joined the forum today, but have been following it for a long time. Thanks a lot for the warm welcome

The reply I received from the Sprint rep seemed like somewhat useful info. Take it for what it is. Notice, he didn't specify whether the 700 was "p" or a "w"...

Anyway, it would be interesting to see what kind of responses others get from Sprint.
    Again, thank you, too, for the warm welcome, "ScaryHumor".

1) the response I posted from Sprint is not a fake. The grammar is terrible, but I didn't write it; I was only copying and pasting from the e-mail response. If Sprint is offshoring components of their customer service to Bangalore, that would explain the choppy English.

2) Yes, this was my 1st post, as you so boldly call out. I read these forums a lot because I CAN'T WAIT for the 700p (like everyone else here). I didn't have anything valuable to add before, so I didn't post until now. I thought the info Sprint sent me would be useful to others waiting for info on the release date.

3) Send Sprint an e-mail yourself and ask when the 700p is scheduled to be released. I promise I won't bash you if you post the response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Reconfirmation from sources.

1st week of June.

One device.

Sprint.

P !!
    My insurance-less 650 got crushed (literally) a few weeks ago, and I'm holding out for the 700p. I was with you, Perry, until dstrauss quadrupled the doubt in my head with that "700p is on ice" comment. It would be just my luck. For God sakes, I'm back to a Vx and my old cell phone, a Samsung 3500 something or other!

But the above quote brought me back, man. I'm with you again.

By the way, sorry about the puppy/avatar. My daughter's Bday was the day after your avatar's and she had a stomach virus. Obviously not nearly as bad as losing a pet, but I know the feeling of wanting everything to be perfect for your children, _especially_ on their birthdays and holidays.
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    My insurance-less 650 got crushed (literally) a few weeks ago, and I'm holding out for the 700p. I was with you, Perry, until dstrauss quadrupled the doubt in my head with that "700p is on ice" comment. It would be just my luck. For God sakes, I'm back to a Vx and my old cell phone, a Samsung 3500 something or other!

But the above quote brought me back, man. I'm with you again.

By the way, sorry about the puppy/avatar. My daughter's Bday was the day after your avatar's and she had a stomach virus. Obviously not nearly as bad as losing a pet, but I know the feeling of wanting everything to be perfect for your children, _especially_ on their birthdays and holidays.
    Hi jaharr!!

dstrauss will owe me a Starbucks card and you will have your 700p. As you can see from my other post under that, I am pleading with the three High Priests of Doubt to believe. I can have stamina -- for I KNOW. No, I have not personally touched one -- but I might as well have. I will enjoy my Hot Chocolates while I am surfing the Web on EV-DO & PowerVision.

Thanks for the thoughts on the puppy. With one dog still at home, the void is not total. There is a loss, but there is an outlet at hand. She will pull thru it.

Cheers, Perry.
    Regarding the hastily closed "have you seen this" thread...

Whose bubble was being popped? And not to say that it didn't have it comming, but why not merge the thread instead of closing it? I don't mean to be critical of the moderators, but I wonder if there is any uniformity with when/how threads are closed/merged.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    You're right, all we disagree on is timing - no 700P this go round, and they won't ever make it to the 9XX (unless they get bought out by HTC).

Hey, let's start a vicious rumor - Dell is going to buy out Palm in order to compete with HP in the smartphone space (makes more sense than ANOTHER HTC distributor chain).
    Well if their practice holds, Dell will buy someone else after Palm turns them down. Dell bought Alienware after WidowPC turned them down.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    Regarding the hastily closed "have you seen this" thread...

Whose bubble was being popped? And not to say that it didn't have it comming, but why not merge the thread instead of closing it? I don't mean to be critical of the moderators, but I wonder if there is any uniformity with when/how threads are closed/merged.

I believe it was my bubble for relating the wrong thread, but it should have been closed and since there was nothing new or important created in those few posts it doesn't seem like there would be any reason to merge it with the old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    ...I was with you, Perry, until dstrauss quadrupled the doubt in my head with that "700p is on ice" comment. It would be just my luck. For God sakes, I'm back to a Vx and my old cell phone, a Samsung 3500 something or other!...
    Hi jaharr!!

dstrauss will owe me a Starbucks card and you will have your 700p. As you can see from my other post under that, I am pleading with the three High Priests of Doubt to believe...
    jaharr

Perry and the rest of the gang around here already knows this, but for all our "kidding around" on TC, NO ONE is authoritative enough around here for anyone to lose one minutes sleep concerning their plans or decisions because of what another person posts - whether Positive or Negative. Please don't be discouraged by my rants, even though I'm usually right!

This is just a great way to let off steam (and for me to win Breakfast Blend for a week from Perry).
    Last edited by dstrauss; 04/26/2006 at 03:29 PM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Well if their practice holds, Dell will buy someone else after Palm turns them down. Dell bought Alienware after WidowPC turned them down.
    Mmmmmmm...second vicious rumor...Dell marries HTC on the rebound.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    If Dell really wants Palm badly enough, they can buy them. Palm's a publicly-traded company, so Dell can just buy a majority stake of its shares if they're willing to pay enough. (If Palm management has instituted a "poison pill", they can slow down an outside takeover, but a really determined suitor will eventually win if they're willing to overpay enough.)

WidowPC, on the other hand, appears to be a privately-held company from what I can tell. Thus, their owners can tell any potential acquirer to kiss off.
    jaharr

Perry and the rest of the gang around here already knows this, but for all our "kidding around" on TC, NO ONE is authoritative enough around here for anyone to lose one minutes sleep concerning their plans or decisions because of what another person posts - whether Positive or Negative. Please don't be discouraged by my rants, even though I'm usually right!

This is just a great way to let off steam (and for me to win Breakfast Blend for a week from Perry).
    Don't let him fool you, he's always right. TC Hint: If you don't sleep, you can't lose any.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey
    If Dell really wants Palm badly enough, they can buy them. Palm's a publicly-traded company, so Dell can just buy a majority stake of its shares if they're willing to pay enough. (If Palm management has instituted a "poison pill", they can slow down an outside takeover, but a really determined suitor will eventually win if they're willing to overpay enough.)

WidowPC, on the other hand, appears to be a privately-held company from what I can tell. Thus, their owners can tell any potential acquirer to kiss off.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa.......

I made this rumor up out of whole cloth. There's no reality to it. Just pure rank speculation
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Don't let him fool you, he's always right. TC Hint: If you don't sleep, you can't lose any.
    Yeah, when you're talking about choosing up sides in politics (the TC no spin zone).
  15.    #395  
    snip
    Dream on D. You are counting your coffee beans before they are ground.

at midnight:

43 Days
    Dream on D. You are counting your coffee beans before they are ground.

at midnight:

43 Days
    I WILL have my precious...want to start a side pot for cream and sugar if the 700w drops out of the trees BEFORE 43 days....
  17.    #397  
    I WILL have my precious...want to start a side pot for cream and sugar if the 700w drops out of the trees BEFORE 43 days....
    Another card for cream and sugar? Done.
    (Finally something we are on even footing on -- my sources have been focused on the YES of the 700P -- not the NO of a 700W on Sprint by June 9.)

Trying to cover your losses on the 700P? Smart man.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/26/2006 at 10:27 PM.
    awww, they locked the other thread...so sad
    Sprint Kyocera 6035> Verizonized Sprint 6035> Treo 300> Sprint Treo 600> Sprint Treo 650> Cingular 8125> Sprint Treo 650> Sprint Treo 700wx

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -George W. Bush

BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Just started a new one...gotta have somepleace to keep all of the lunitics entertained. New Thread - "Never mind, the thread has gone OT. Closed!"
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  20.    #400  
    We have formed two camps. (And I won't say Coms and Yangs for political reasons.) And the camps are entrenched, neither will be moving from their stated positions until judgement (err, announcement) day. We are just lobbing "are ya still there"s at each other from afar.

LOL

Anybody gonna trade sides today?

Anybody remember what the sides are?

SUMMARY:

perry: Sprint 700P, Week of May 15th announce, Week of June 5th Release.
    dstrauss: Sprint 700W, (Week of May 15th announce, Week of June 5th Release?)
    gharrod: Wants to believe in the 700P, but has seen no bankable data.
    geatches: Ya know, I don't know what your postion is.

Okay, this is sign in day. Everyone give us your 15 words or less position statement below!

(This should, at least, get us thru 1 or 2 more days of this unending wait.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/27/2006 at 07:38 AM.