Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Red shirts.

Someone has to kick.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    But people wouldn't believe the Enterprise Crew without pictures.... and they would be accused of photoshopping them with the tricorder.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Well. April 24th. The avatar's birthday and I could give a rip about the 700P. Her 5 month old puppy drowned in the pool tonight. I'll be back in a day or two.

Perry.
    Sorry to hear about the loss of the puppy. This will make a bitter/sweet birthday for her.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yeoman Rand
    For those of you too young to remember (one of the best reasons for watching STOS)....

Uh, back to reality - and Perry's time warp theory: no amount of fast forwarding is going to prevent the inevitable - the "P" version of the 700 series is on ice. You will all have to learn to warm up to the "W" version for the near term. Besides, duanedude is right, no one would believe the pictures any more than the Bigfoot sightings (of course, the Tricorder does have the 700p upgraded camera, so it SHOULD look as good as the Hollywood and Vzw 700p pictures we've been treated with lately).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    For those of you too young to remember (one of the best reasons for watching STOS)....

Uh, back to reality - and Perry's time warp theory: no amount of fast forwarding is going to prevent the inevitable - the "P" version of the 700 series is on ice. You will all have to learn to warm up to the "W" version for the near term. Besides, duanedude is right, no one would believe the pictures any more than the Bigfoot sightings (of course, the Tricorder does have the 700p upgraded camera, so it SHOULD look as good as the Hollywood and Vzw 700p pictures we've been treated with lately).
    What a babe. Took her down to put up my Farrah poster.

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.co...-fawcett02.jpg
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  6.    #346  
    We have formed two camps. (And I won't say Coms and Yangs for political reasons.) And the camps are entrenched, neither will be moving from their stated positions until judgement (err, announcement) day. We are just lobbing "are ya still there"s at each other from afar.

LOL

We have formed two camps. (And I won't say Coms and Yangs for political reasons.) And the camps are entrenched, neither will be moving from their stated positions until judgement (err, announcement) day. We are just lobbing "are ya still there"s at each other from afar.

LOL

I got nothing else to do...

LOL

E Plegneista! I get to be a Yang!

Judgement day is a very fitting response. It will be judgement day, that is, for Palm. If it's 700p we see, it remains a competitor in the arena. If they wimp out and deliver a Sprint 700w also ran, then adios Palm, you'd have PO'd too many of your POS faithful.

See, it's not that I hate POS; I've been a firm user since 1996 - it's just I'm afraid they're short sighted anymore and are letting WM5 (HTC) run away with the flag.

LOL

Any Browncoats here? Just watch out if they start throwing apples over to us.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  10.    #350  
    E Plegneista! I get to be a Yang!

Judgement day is a very fitting response. It will be judgement day, that is, for Palm. If it's 700p we see, it remains a competitor in the arena. If they wimp out and deliver a Sprint 700w also ran, then adios Palm, you'd have PO'd too many of your POS faithful.

See, it's not that I hate POS; I've been a firm user since 1996 - it's just I'm afraid they're short sighted anymore and are letting WM5 (HTC) run away with the flag.
    Oh my gosh, we agree.

On Judgement Day.

However, as usual, we have a timing problem. To me, the release of the 700P (a given)( ), is not judgement day -- Judgement Day on the PalmOS will be the next Treo 9xxP with Palm/Linux. If that dog hunts, multi-tasks, et cetera, we have a ballgame. If that release is lackluster or fails, we will all be heading to Redmond.

Cheers, Perry.
    Oh my gosh, we agree.

On Judgement Day.

However, as usual, we have a timing problem. To me, the release of the 700P (a given)( ), is not judgement day -- Judgement Day on the PalmOS will be the next Treo 9xxP with Palm/Linux. If that dog hunts, multi-tasks, et cetera, we have a ballgame. If that release is lackluster or fails, we will all be heading to Redmond.

Cheers, Perry.
    You're right, all we disagree on is timing - no 700P this go round, and they won't ever make it to the 9XX (unless they get bought out by HTC).

Hey, let's start a vicious rumor - Dell is going to buy out Palm in order to compete with HP in the smartphone space (makes more sense than ANOTHER HTC distributor chain).
    You're right, all we disagree on is timing - no 700P this go round, and they won't ever make it to the 9XX (unless they get bought out by HTC).

Hey, let's start a vicious rumor - Dell is going to buy out Palm in order to compete with HP in the smartphone space (makes more sense than ANOTHER HTC distributor chain).
    I've heard this one before, makes sense.
    Leave it to D.St to pick up on the Yeoman Rand reference.

Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    What a babe. Took her down to put up my Farrah poster.

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.co...-fawcett02.jpg
    I think we all had that poster back in the day...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14.    #354  
    On topic:

dstrauss: start saving those pennies buddy.

Reconfirmation from sources.

1st week of June.

One device.

Sprint.

P !!
    On topic:

dstrauss: start saving those pennies buddy.

Reconfirmation from sources.

1st week of June.

One device.

Sprint.

P !!
    This isn't optimism, or randim source info...your confidents makes me think you know something the rest of us don't...I mean some inside knowledge.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Leave it to D.St to pick up on the Yeoman Rand reference.

I think we all had that poster back in the day...
    You bet - especially those "brief" uniforms of the day. Only a guy could have designed the clothing for that show.
  17.    #357  
    dstrauss, geatches, gharrod, et al.

I like you guys too much to let you be wrong on this. (Friends don't let friends be wrong.) It is the 700P, too many people have told me this . . . . . . All from different aspects, positions and reasons of knowing. They have confirmed and re-confirmed. They have seen the documents. They have handled the product. They have tech confirmation. Beta is done. It is coming to market. This is a done deal. It can only be the 700P. It will only be the 700P.

Believe.

There is no reason not to. You will be right.

Please do not make me grovel.

Believe.

It will be all right.

I promise.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/25/2006 at 07:28 PM.
    dstrauss, geatches, gharrod, et al.

I like you guys too much to let you be wrong on this. (Friends don't let friends be wrong.) It is the 700P, too many people have told me this . . . . . . All from different aspects, positions and reasons of knowing. They have confirmed and re-confirmed. They have seen the documents. They have handled the product. They have tech confirmation. Beta is done. It is coming to market. This is a done deal. It can only be the 700P. It will only be the 700P.

Believe.

There is no reason not to. You will be right.

Please do not make me grovel.

Believe.

It will be all right.

I promise.
    Oh Perry, what would you do without your foils (fools?) Your friends will be right here to console you as we close in on Judgement Day.

Don't worry, it will be alright. We won't even make you move back into the PPR until your ready for it. Those voices you keep hearing are friendly sorts...they just want you to hear what you want to hear. You may even get to like the 700w before its over...my voices tell me its so...
    Strawberries, who took my strawberries?
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Strawberries, who took my strawberries?
    Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...

Perry, do you have the key to the Palm icebox? So that's why you are SO SURE OF YOURSELF.

"This is the captain speaking. Some misguided sailors on this ship still think they can pull a fast one on me. Well, they're very much mistaken. Since you've taken this course, the innocent will be punished with the guilty. There will be no liberty for any member of this crew for three months. I will not be made a fool of! Do you hear me? "