Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    It doesn't surprise me that MS would resort to such extreme measures. Too bad about Perry getting caught in the crossfire, but his elimination is necessary if the memory of the 700p is to be eradicated.
    I could be a very troublesome ghost. Bill G. had better make sure they do a complete job. . . . . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey gharrod !!

LOL

I would do okay in sales, as long as I could sell something I believe in. I have this problem with telling the pros AND the cons.

Cheers, Perry.

And therein lies the ART of selling, being able to do what you said and still closing it down. I have the same personality trait Perry but, I use it to my advantage in sales. Telling the negative but having the solution to it.

ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Engadet has a short piece on the FCC approval of the Samsung i320:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...-the-fccs-nod/

Of course, it was in "lock-down" mode which means only a bare minimum information on the FCC site, but it leads to the inevitable question for this forum...

Where's the "proof" from the FCC of any Sprint 700, "W" or "P"? Of course, if its the "W" and it already cleared the FCC hurdles with the Verizon launch, re-certification may not be necessary?

Anyway, if the i320 is a "2nd Q 2006 release, maybe" what does this say for a first week of June Palm release of anything?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  4.    #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Engadet has a short piece on the FCC approval of the Samsung i320:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...-the-fccs-nod/

Of course, it was in "lock-down" mode which means only a bare minimum information on the FCC site, but it leads to the inevitable question for this forum...

Where's the "proof" from the FCC of any Sprint 700, "W" or "P"? Of course, if its the "W" and it already cleared the FCC hurdles with the Verizon launch, re-certification may not be necessary?

Anyway, if the i320 is a "2nd Q 2006 release, maybe" what does this say for a first week of June Palm release of anything?
    Hey D!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=890

I guess we have until May 5th to see something on the FCC site. . . .. . . . if what was said in the above post applies here. Could the time frame be squeezed down to two weeks?

Obviously, the 700Ws were produced or in production when it's FCC filing hit the web site for them to sell 1 month later. Maybe the FCC posting on the 700P will coincide with the week of May 15th announce. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Hey D!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=890

I guess we have until May 5th to see something on the FCC site. . . .. . . . if what was said in the above post applies here. Could the time frame be squeezed down to two weeks?

Obviously, the 700Ws were produced or in production when it's FCC filing hit the web site for them to sell 1 month later. Maybe the FCC posting on the 700P will coincide with the week of May 15th announce. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    That's one possible explanation, but how is Palm so skillful/lucky to keep things COMPLETELY under wraps, but folks like Samsung and Sharp (the new Sidekick III) suffer FCC leaks?

Want an answer...

Drum roll please...they don't have to recertify the already approved Vzw 700w...

Oh, I can so smell the Breakfast Blend coming....

6.    #286  
    That's one possible explanation, but how is Palm so skillful/lucky to keep things COMPLETELY under wraps, but folks like Samsung and Sharp (the new Sidekick III) suffer FCC leaks?

Want an answer...

Drum roll please...they don't have to recertify the already approved Vzw 700w...

Oh, I can so smell the Breakfast Blend coming....

Nice try, That smell is just the coffee you spilt on your 8125's keyboard.

I fear for you my friend. You are like that little fishing boat facing that 100 foot wave in the movie Perfect Storm. What was that name of that boat? Disbelief?

You are about to be swamped and your FCC life jacket will be worth squat.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/24/2006 at 11:39 AM.
    Nice try, That smell is just the coffee you spilt on your 8125's keyboard.

I fear for you my friend. You are like that little fishing boat facing that 100 foot wave in the movie Perfect Storm. What was that name of that boat? Disbelief?

You are about to be swamped and your FCC life jacket will be worth squat.

Cheers, Perry.
    I don't drink around my precious.

Have you ever seen that teenager poster of the little mouse, low on the ground below the attacking eagle, flipping off the bird. The only word is "Defiance"

That's me buddy, spitting into the gale force wind, standing putter in hand pointed towards the lightening filled heavens...I must have read The Little Engine That Could a dozen times as a kid.

By the way, the roses just smell like roses.
  8.    #288  
    I don't drink around my precious.

Have you ever seen that teenager poster of the little mouse, low on the ground below the attacking eagle, flipping off the bird. The only word is "Defiance"

That's me buddy, spitting into the gale force wind, standing putter in hand pointed towards the lightening filled heavens...I must have read The Little Engine That Could a dozen times as a kid.

By the way, the roses just smell like roses.

LOL

In fact, that was the vision that came to my mind but I went with the Perfect Storm post instead.

Still L-ingOL

700 What?

That was a typo for 700W, wasn't it? We all know there are only Windows operating systems in existence....

(although there is a vague rememberence of something called Apple OS X in my fading mind..... must resist MS implant.... I will not be assimilated.... resistence is Not Futile... there is a Palm OS FrankenGarnet.... I believe.... but must... not... reveal that... thought to the MS Police.... must.... play .... along..... make them think I buy their lie that all other Operating Systems died with Atari TOS... hide my resistence in my Protected CPU core.... encrypt it ..... )
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Um...contact at Sprint (network engineer) called me to tell me he had a 700 in his hand and was testing it. It was a w. I'm still hoping Perry's right, but I've grown way beyond doubtful.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Um...contact at Sprint (network engineer) called me to tell me he had a 700 in his hand and was testing it. It was a w. I'm still hoping Perry's right, but I've grown way beyond doubtful.

Week of May 15 -- be there.

If Sprint announces one 700 -- it will be the P, if they announce 2 we get both the P and W.

You people are getting the last minute jitters!

Cheers, Perry.
    LOL

In fact, that was the vision that came to my mind but I went with the Perfect Storm post instead.

Still L-ingOL

Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Oh buddy...don't laugh...be afraid...be very afraid...
  13.    #293  
    Oh buddy...don't laugh...be afraid...be very afraid...

NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING could sway me now.

The 700P has passed thru beta, the train has left the station.

The only thing that could stop the 700P now is a monumental 11th hour and 59th minute pull back.

I am a rock, go cast your feathers into the wind elsewhere!!

Last edited by gtwo; 04/24/2006 at 01:09 PM.
    NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING could sway me now.

The 700P has passed thru beta, the train has left the station.

The only thing that could stop the 700P now is a monumental 11th hour and 59th minute pull back.

I am a rock, go cast your feathers into the wind elsewhere!!

"I am a rock, I am an island..." so sayeth Simon & Garfunkel
    Perry it's coming My contact at Sprint said it was supposed to be out Mid May, but got pushed back to the end of May 1st weel of June, just like you've been saying.
    Jimmie Geddes
  16.    #296  
    "I am a rock, I am an island..." so sayeth Simon & Garfunkel
    And they never cry over Starbuck's bets won.
    And they never cry over Starbuck's bets won.
    Good - no tears then my friend (I promise not to drink in front of you).
    Look!!! There is a far more sinister issue here than which one of you gets a latte!!! If I don't get a Palm based handheld I'm going to have re-write every frickinn' program I've written to control the Doombots. Everyone may think that sounds great because I won't be able to take over the world as soon, but when the alien armada invades, and your Lord Protector Doom isn't there to save you don't come crying to me.
    It'll be fun.
    Treocentral has the best forum members We're all so passionate, kinda scary.
    Jimmie Geddes
    That's fine. Gates may think he's defeated me, but DOOM knows no defeat!
    It'll be fun.