Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Topic SideBar...

BTW, Mustang intertior restoration completed last night. Lots of hard work and a lot of blisters. Doing that work is not for the faint of heart. Never having done anything like this before I studied the manuals for months before attempting. It was worth it in the end.

Back to topic...
    That's a kick *** ride!!

You'd better have a Ft. Knox style garage for that little Sweetheart. If not, I do....you can bring it over here for babysitting.

j...
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    LOL

You two must promise me that you will believe just prior to reading the announcement of release. I don't want you to miss the joy of having believed!!
    The Joy of Treo. Sounds like an interesting book title.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Topic SideBar...

BTW, Mustang intertior restoration completed last night. Lots of hard work and a lot of blisters. Doing that work is not for the faint of heart. Never having done anything like this before I studied the manuals for months before attempting. It was worth it in the end.

Back to topic...
    That looks INCREDIBLE! I have an '05 convertible....lots of fun! I'd love to see more pics.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Well I couldn't take it anymore and got the 6700. When I was at the Sprint store (sounds like a common theme here) the indivdual selling me the phone said, "I hope you won't regret this purchase, the Windows Treo will be on Sprint PCS shortly". Once again, what do you do? I got the PPC-6700, I'm out. I can't take the TREO MADNESS anymore. (I'll still be watching the insanity from afar).
    AT&T iPhone, My Blog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofdog
    Well I couldn't take it anymore and got the 6700. When I was at the Sprint store (sounds like a common theme here) the indivdual selling me the phone said, "I hope you won't regret this purchase, the Windows Treo will be on Sprint PCS shortly". Once again, what do you do? I got the PPC-6700, I'm out. I can't take the TREO MADNESS anymore. (I'll still be watching the insanity from afar).
    "A bird in the hand..."

It's a lot more fun to be shooting from the sidelines than being an obsessed soul waiting for the crumbs from Palm's table. Just two years ago (almost when I started lusting over the Treo 650 in scorn to my nearly new Treo 600) Palm was the only real game in town. With the exception of poor reception/sound quality (my how I overlooked that at the time), it was the only real smartphone, not just the best. Today, times have changed dramatically; smartphones are raining down on us (except for Palm); and Palm's Treo is just one of several good choices. Time to move on and wait for Palm to release a Treo that is compelling, not JUST because it's a Treo.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I posted pics of the Mustang in Thread Hogs to keep them out of this discussion.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post955383

Let me know what you think.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Hey Perry, as I was having lunch with a couple of my colleagues the Sprint district manager that I have been speaking with about the upcoming 700W comes up to our table and we talk for a minute or two and he then tells me he has been a little misleading with me. He said he could now confirm the 700P, and it should be in his stores by the first week of June. He says the 700W will also be out around the same time frame, if there are any more delays with the 700P the 700W (he actually kept referring to it as the windows edition) might beat the 700P to the store.
    Props to you and your more forthcoming source(s).
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Hey Perry, as I was having lunch with a couple of my colleagues the Sprint district manager that I have been speaking with about the upcoming 700W comes up to our table and we talk for a minute or two and he then tells me he has been a little misleading with me. He said he could now confirm the 700P, and it should be in his stores by the first week of June. He says the 700W will also be out around the same time frame, if there are any more delays with the 700P the 700W (he actually kept referring to it as the windows edition) might beat the 700P to the store.
    Props to you and your more forthcoming source(s).

Hey Cardio!

Thanks for the info, of course you will have to have your two colleagues verify the conversation with sworn affidavits for you know who.

(Do you know how badly I want this Silly Season to end?)

Can this mean that Verizon folks will have a shot at the 700P soon, as well? And this also could explain the duality of information (POS vs. WM5) that has been coming out of Sprint sources. . .. . . . . .

(Side Note: Looks like we may be in for a photo finish there dstrauss !!)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/19/2006 at 03:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    All this speculation, verification, and confirmation is useless. WE ALL JUST HAVE TO WAIT. I want the 700p just as badly as any of you, but there's nothing I or any of you can do about it. I'm tired of searching all these threads looking for "The Date". Why don't we all just wait for an OFFICIAL notice from Plalm? I know all of you, (like me) are tire of getting you hopes up. Can we just wait till Palm announces it, then kick the buzz off?
    Last edited by djraw; 04/19/2006 at 03:54 PM.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  10.    #210  
    Hi djraw !!

Some still believe the 700P is vaporware. . . . . . . . . .

There are other sub-forums you could read. . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Naw, it makes perfect sense that there would be a Palm version. Why would they risk their brand loyalty like that?
    Here you go Perry:

"The Treo 700p is most likely end of May, latest first week of June. She said said it was originally supposed to be mid may, but they are finishing up testing it. I asked if she could give me a price, she said it's $399 for a new 2 year contract, 499$ with 1 year. She said Sprint will be offering specials ie. accessories when you purchase from them, (probably) bt headsets. She checked the computer and said it will be on the Power Vision Network, EV-DO speeds (we knew that already). She also said it did not list any specs, like memory. She said to call Sprint to order it instead of going to a Sprint store as they will have greater supply through telesales. So it looks like we're even closer to the 700p finally getting released."

Picture too

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/04/sp...t-week-of.html
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Here you go Perry:

"The Treo 700p is most likely end of May, latest first week of June. She said said it was originally supposed to be mid may, but they are finishing up testing it. I asked if she could give me a price, she said it's $399 for a new 2 year contract, 499$ with 1 year. She said Sprint will be offering specials ie. accessories when you purchase from them, (probably) bt headsets. She checked the computer and said it will be on the Power Vision Network, EV-DO speeds (we knew that already). She also said it did not list any specs, like memory. She said to call Sprint to order it instead of going to a Sprint store as they will have greater supply through telesales. So it looks like we're even closer to the 700p finally getting released."

Picture too

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/04/sp...t-week-of.html

There's that same pic again.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey Cardio!

Thanks for the info, of course you will have to have your two colleagues verify the conversation with sworn affidavits for you know who.

(Do you know how badly I want this Silly Season to end?)

Can this mean that Verizon folks will have a shot at the 700P soon, as well? And this also could explain the duality of information (POS vs. WM5) that has been coming out of Sprint sources. . .. . . . . .

(Side Note: Looks like we may be in for a photo finish there dstrauss !!)

Cheers, Perry.

I smell a poll..................
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Oh, hey Perry. What's up man. I'm on here everyday, I just don't post unless I have something useful to say. I was just getting fustrated at all the "I heards" on here. Same crap happened with the 600 last year.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw
    Oh, hey Perry. What's up man. I'm on here everyday, I just don't post unless I have something useful to say. I was just getting fustrated at all the "I heards" on here. Same crap happened with the 600 last year.
    What??? Was there a Treo 600 released last year.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    What??? Was there a Treo 600 released last year.
    Well, if you wanna be technical about it, it was LATE 04'.
  18.    #218  

Yup, this Silly Season was old back in December !!

Cheers, Perry.
  19.    #219  
    Pssst. . . . . .(650)

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Me thinks you meant 650 not 600