1.    #1  
    Man do I feel like a chump or what. I recently decided to upgrade my 650 for an HP 6515 with Cingular. Upgrade? What a joke. After four days of trying to play a Shoutcast Stream I finally gave in. What appealed to me (I thought) about the 6515 was the integrated GPS. Which brings me to my point. If you’ll have me back in the group after my failed attempt to defect, what is the best device and mapping program for the Treo 650? I am a real estate broker. I need to stand on a tract of land (not necessarily in a selected city) and be able to record the coordinates in at the boundaries and come back to the office and map the tract on a plat map. I already have software to do the office mapping I simply need a way to record them on the site. I already have a “Blue Logger” GPS device with Bluetooth capability and the Delorme Mapping programs to interface with. Now Suggestions welcomed.

Glad to be back
    Fat Daddy B
    I hear you. I tried to "upgrade" from my T3 to an imate JAM. It didn't take long to understand why they called it "JAM"!
    Thank god I found the 650
    No consumer level GPS is adequate for mapping purposes. Surveyors use 3 or 4 tripod mounted dishes to to GPS based mapping with each dish costing thousands of dollars and even that is not aequate for land transfers. My guess is the ones we see being used in the Treo fall into the 4-20 meter accuracy category....one a quarter acre plot, you could easily be on the next plot. I was once on a bridge and my GPS indicated that I was 90 feet below sea level.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    No consumer level GPS is adequate for mapping purposes. Surveyors use 3 or 4 tripod mounted dishes to to GPS based mapping with each dish costing thousands of dollars and even that is not aequate for land transfers. My guess is the ones we see being used in the Treo fall into the 4-20 meter accuracy category....one a quarter acre plot, you could easily be on the next plot. I was once on a bridge and my GPS indicated that I was 90 feet below sea level.
    This is very true. A consumer GPS will give you a general area, but will not tell you the exact coordinates. Obviously you must have had some way of doing this before.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this have to do partially with some kind of governmental restrictions on the consumer useage of the satellites?

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Bbrackin, I'm with you. I went from the Treo 650 to the MDA to a Blackberry and back to the Treo 650. Science may one day accomplish creation of a better phone than the 650, but it hasn't done so yet.