Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The woman's story is starting to look fishy
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Well come on, he's the same one blaming the UN. Lol.
    I must have missed that? What's he blaming the UN for? The rape?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I think hoovs was looking for sources that supported the 1 for every 3 dollars.
    Ah, of course, because if it was 1 to every 2.5 that would make all the difference in the world.

After all, a black child is only three fifths of a white child right.
    Yeah, whole season cancelled and coach resigned. Apparently they (Duke officials) are not considering changing those decisions if their exonerated
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm not sure why he brought it up there my monkey face friend, i think he may have lost track of the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Yeah, whole season cancelled and coach resigned. Apparently they (Duke officials) are not considering changing those decisions if their exonerated
    So, even if it turns out this was a bogus case, they still won't be allowed to play? Wow...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    So, even if it turns out this was a bogus case, they still won't be allowed to play? Wow...
    Wouln't you know it, Just another example of Ivy League Lacross players getting the shaft again. Ohh the injustice!!
    Who knows what this guy's talking about.

But on a serious note, yes, I do blame the UN for rape.

A SENIOR United Nations official is demanding that her colleagues involved in the sex trade in Bosnia should be stripped of their immunity and prosecuted.
    http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=160672003

But that's a topic for another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Well, at least nobody can accuse Duke of being politically incorrect. That is, after all, what's important here isn't it?
    Wouln't you know it, Just another example of Ivy League Lacross players getting the shaft again. Ohh the injustice!!
    I always thought Duke was ACC. But I could give a rats a$$ what school it is, to punish the athletes if nothing happened is wrong. Doesn't matter if it's Brigham Young or Grambling.

Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Who knows what this guy's talking about.

But on a serious note, yes, I do blame the UN for rape.

http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=160672003

But that's a topic for another thread.
    lol, sigh, ok,im gonna go back to watching the hannity show, you kids have fun
    I always thought Duke was ACC. But I could give a rats a$$ what school it is, to punish the athletes if nothing happened is wrong. Doesn't matter if it's Brigham Young or Grambling.
    You're right, Duke is in the ACC not the Ivy League. But don't confuse the conversation with facts.
    (just a quick comment, shopharim)

the disparities of education resources and expenditures is the direct product of the mechanism that is used to pay for education in this country: property taxes.

This yields great schools in wealthy suburbs -- and is a major (though not the only) contributor of the bad schools in areas with low property values.

The property tax system is almost by design one that perpetuates inequality of education and opportunity
    Agreed, and the reason I posed the question as I did. The original 3:1 comment seemed to suggest conspiracy rather disparity.
    Huh? Why would that matter to the black student who gets $1 to every $3?

Just some remedial info, school tax is based on proprty value, and the Fresh Prince is just a TV show.
    If one wanted to make a change, it would be vital to know the root cause, not just statistics about the effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Agreed, and the reason I posed the question as I did. The original 3:1 comment seemed to suggest conspiracy rather disparity.
    The initial assertion was incorrect. School funding is not driven by local property takes alone.

People suck...I can't stand everybody equally until proven wrong...
    at&t iPhone3G
    I may be off target but is seems like when others are trying to get the bottom of the questions posed in this thread that it is theBlaze74 that is the main one on this thread that is throwing out racist comments, degrading innuendos, and politically biased unfounded claims.

....or it maybe just that I am sooo tired tonight my perception is totally off....
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 04/12/2006 at 12:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ahh, a refresher is needed. This is where a white student filed a lawsuit against the University of Michigan because she had a higher SAT than a black student and was unfairly discriminated against. The president of the united states (who was a C student attending Yale admitted because of his last name) interjected himself as a 3rd parrty in the case to take the side of the white student.

Way to go, His hero Jesus would be proud.
    Not sure why the student with the higher SAT (regardless of color of skin, eyes, gender) needed to go to court in the first place. The university should take those that have shown the greatest ability to progress. But, since the student with a higher SAT was discriminated against I am glad the courts system was there to protect her rights. Who cares who interjected themselves, the more important question is why did more people not interject themselves to right this wrong?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Ah, of course, because if it was 1 to every 2.5 that would make all the difference in the world.

After all, a black child is only three fifths of a white child right.
    As an inner-city educator, I am very interested in your claims. But I can not find anything to back your statements.

You're excuse of being "too lazy" to look it up yourself makes it appear that you are unable provide any credible information.

In my opinion, your racist statements are nothing more than divisive sputterings, reminiscent of Al Sharpton.
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 04/13/2006 at 11:09 AM.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.Ē
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Depending on whose spin you're listening to, this case is going in several different directions at once.

If this gang rape did indeed occur, someone besides the 3 students that perpetrated it knows, and itís only a matter of time before they squeal to save their own bacon (pun intended). Thereís always a snitch. And probably more than 1 if they DNA tested 40+ of those attending this party.

I recently saw a statistic, canít remember where, so I canít back it up, but about 70% of rape convictions are obtained without DNA evidence. Other evidence and witnesses comprise of most of it. If they did it, and are convicted, I truly hope they get the maximum sentence. If they did not do it, I hope their innocence gets as much attention.

Race should have nothing to do with it, in a perfect world. Not being from that area, I am ignorant of what the racial climate is there.

Our system is partly broke, but itís the best thing going on the planet, imo. Debra Lafave comes to mind. As a male, and I were to have consensual sex with an underage female student, I would be hung.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.Ē
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast