1.    #1  
    Take the Boulder Pledge:

"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I forward chain letters, petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large numbers of others. This is my contribution to the survival of the online community."

The idea here is to take profitability out of spam.
    Jeff
    There is error in that logic, though. A Spammer only needs one buyer out of every few thousand emails sent to make it profitable.

Nice idea, but I don't think it's going to go anywhere.

We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    reminds me of that email last year asking people to not buy gas on a specific date, hoping that a whole day of zero sales would force the industry to lower prices....or something to that effect.

there's ALWAYS somebody out there that doesn't co-operate.
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    reminds me of that email last year asking people to not buy gas on a specific date, hoping that a whole day of zero sales would force the industry to lower prices....or something to that effect.

there's ALWAYS somebody out there that doesn't co-operate.
    I think that happened in Britain, IIRC, after a combo of rising gas prices because of a shortage.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836