Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66
  1.    #1  
    this is definitely a weird case -- revealing in a tawdry kind of way the deep moral hypocrisy and corrruption of those that populate this administration.

    That he revealed that he was a very high official of our vaunted HOMELAND SECURITY AGENCY during his initial conversations with the "14 yr. old" makes one wonder why Bin Laden doesn't just surf the net posing as a nymphet.

    "Doyle allegedly told the undercover detective that he worked for DHS and gave out his office and government-issued cell phone numbers. Police also reported that Doyle sent non-explicit pictures of himself that showed his security clearance credentials."

    "I can't express how horrified I am that the very agency that we have entrusted protecting us from terrorists is harboring a pedophile," said Dr. Charmaine Yoest, vice president of the Family Research Council..."

    "...Yoest echoed the call for an investigation and added that "the Bush administration really needs to answer the question as to why someone with these kinds of habits was allowed to get into a position like this."

    Its worth noting that he was uncovered not by Homeland Security, not the CIA, not the FBI -- but by local Florida police.

    This case makes me recall junior's former Chief Domestic Policy Advisor Claude A. Allen who resigned abruptly recently as he was about to be arrested as a shoplifting serial thief.

    Its too easy unfortunately to fixate on these most base and tawdry kinds of crimes by these loathesome hypocites.

    The reality though, is that the damage that this junta have been able to do semi-legally through wars of ignorance, tax giveaways and subsidies of the wealthy, the exploitatation and destruction of our planet has been far worse.

    (they are all of course, innocent until proven guilty )
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/06/2006 at 03:34 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    this is definitely a weird case -- revealing in a tawdry kind of way the deep moral hypocrisy and corrruption of those that populate this administration.
    This has nothing to do with this administration or politics...unfortunately it is doctors, teachers, lawyers, dentist...you name it. These type of people can be found anywhere at anytime. There is a chance that every administration has had one or more...they just didn't get caught.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11152602/
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3. #3  
    It is difficult to imagine the extent to which he must have been consumed with his past-time, so much so that he
    allegedly told the undercover detective that he worked for DHS and gave out his office and government-issued cell phone numbers.
    or that he
    sent non-explicit pictures of himself that showed his security clearance credentials
    There are those who would have us believe what a private citizen does in his/her home need be of no concern. While there is validity to that notion, this case displays the naivete in thinking that what is done in private does not or will not effect the public.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    This has nothing to do with this administration or politics...unfortunately it is doctors, teachers, lawyers, dentist...you name it. These type of people can be found anywhere at anytime. There is a chance that every administration has had one or more...they just didn't get caught.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11152602/
    Thank you. A voice of reason.

    Unfortunately, some people only see the world through Liberal/Conservative glasses. Pretty pathetic and misreable way to live, but whatever gets you through I guess...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Wow
    Last edited by shopharim; 04/06/2006 at 08:53 AM.
  6. #6  
    jun·ta (hʊn'tə, jŭn'-)

    n.

    1. A group of military officers ruling a country after seizing power.
    2. A council or small legislative body in a government, especially in Central or South America.
    3. A junto.

    *In case there was any confusion.
  7. #7  
    Each Party has their ID-10T's...

    Here in Maryland, the Dems tried to block, and don't fully support, a version of Jessica's Law- mandating minimum sentenses for those who sexually abuse kids. (State Senate version hearing is today). Do I say that all Dems support these scum, no... but some want to treat them with a lot more sympathy than they did their victims.

    There has been debate over electronic collars to track them... but I have a great device that will allow you to always know where they are, and they can't defeat it or slip out of it. It's lo-tech, too- so the batteries won't wear out.... it's called a tombstone. You'll always know where the abuser is, he ain't going anywhere!
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    There are those who would have us believe what a private citizen does in his/her home need be of no concern. While there is validity to that notion, this case displays the naivete in thinking that what is done in private does not or will not effect the public.
    Can you give us an example of this? Because I have never heard anybody say illegal things done privately are not that bad just because they are not done in public?

    Of course one could speculate that you had homosexuality in mind while writing the above, but this really wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Can you give us an example of this?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    ...Here they are fueling up for the protest, how terrible a voluntary military is liberating a country:

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The American way to view that is citizens making choices for themselves in the privacy of their own home which does not affect anyone else and is none of the government's business.
    From this discussion
    Last edited by shopharim; 04/06/2006 at 10:44 AM.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    ...Because I have never heard anybody say illegal things done privately are not that bad just because they are not done in public?
    Generally, people do not make value judgements based on legality, but based on their concept of "right and wrong."
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup

    Of course one could speculate that you had homosexuality in mind while writing the above, but this really wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?
    One could make such speculation. Of course, a wiser approach would be to inquire.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    There are those who would have us believe what a private citizen does in his/her home need be of no concern. While there is validity to that notion, this case displays the naivete in thinking that what is done in private does not or will not effect the public.
    You're not seriously trying to equate grooming a child to be molested with smoking pot are you?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You're not seriously trying to equate grooming a child to be molested with smoking pot are you?
    I suppose that would depend on the unit of measure. In terms of legality, they are equal. In terms of dispicability, distinction is more evident.

    My purpose, though, was not to compare the activities at all. Rather I was responding to a request that I cite an example of my assertion:
    There are those who would have us believe what a private citizen does in his/her home need be of no concern
    The relative "right and wrong"-ness of smoking pot or adult/child sexual relations notwithstanding, both acts are currently illegal. Hence your comment (used without intent to impune) seemed to fit the bill in terms of providing an example.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Of course one could speculate that you had homosexuality in mind while writing the above, but this really wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?
    Man, those issues must run deep.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You're not seriously trying to equate grooming a child to be molested with smoking pot are you?
    As far as acts committed in the privacy of one's home, Both can have devastating consequences.....one can take a child's innocence and ruin their life forever.....the other, depending on the responsibilities of one's job, can jeopardize the lives of hundreds of people if the one responsible for their safety smoked pot at home just before coming to work.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    this is definitely a weird case -- revealing in a tawdry kind of way the deep moral hypocrisy and corrruption of those that populate this administration.
    Do you really think the admin supports this behavior, either publically or privately? Do you really think they did not conduct a background check on this individual? And if the background check pulled up pedophile hits, that they said "Never mind that, that falls within our moral standing"?

    I simply see another pathetic attempt by you to politicize a horrible situation to further your biased agenda driven political campaign.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Do you really think the admin supports this behavior, either publically or privately? Do you really think they did not conduct a background check on this individual? And if the background check pulled up pedophile hits, that they said "Never mind that, that falls within our moral standing"?

    I simply see another pathetic attempt by you to politicize a horrible situation to further your biased agenda driven political campaign.
    that's fair Hobbes -- no doubt there are hundreds of Republicans who everyday go to work not taking bribes, not committing theft, not molesting children, not lying the nation into war -- and yet the media and people like me single out only the bad apples.

    Is that not bias ??

    (btw -- I hope you noted that I favorably quoted the Family Research Council and a Christian news publication as my reference for that original cite )
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/06/2006 at 12:25 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    As far as acts committed in the privacy of one's home, Both can have devastating consequences.....one can take a child's innocence and ruin their life forever.....the other, depending on the responsibilities of one's job, can jeopardize the lives of hundreds of people if the one responsible for their safety smoked pot at home just before coming to work.
    Those are two different things. You just crossed into the crime of operating a vehicle under the influence.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Do you really think the admin supports this behavior, either publically or privately? Do you really think they did not conduct a background check on this individual? And if the background check pulled up pedophile hits, that they said "Never mind that, that falls within our moral standing"?

    I simply see another pathetic attempt by you to politicize a horrible situation to further your biased agenda driven political campaign.

    It's symtomatic of a political group that wishes to legalize morality. It's often the case that those who harp the most about the immorality of homosexuality etc seem to be covering their own sexual proclivities.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It's symtomatic of a political group that wishes to legalize morality. It's often the case that those who harp the most about the immorality of homosexuality etc seem to be covering their own sexual proclivities.
    Show me a law that isn't based on morality, daT.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Show me a law that isn't based on morality, daT.

    Sigh. I'm talking about the religious right. I think you know what I mean.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions