Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Sigh. I'm talking about the religious right. I think you know what I mean.
    Of course I do. But you should be clear. You're not against legislating morality... as long as they're issues you agree with.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Talk about a s t r e t c h

An individual employeed by the federal gov't arrested for a crime, now means that the religious right are child molestors. Are you dizzy from all the spinning you do or have you become accustomed to the continual rotations.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Your point was made. However it raised a logical dilemma:

When you segment out a particular group or subject area, that's where you run into problems. What makes sense in that microcosm, doesn't stand to scrutiny when it is logically extrapolated to the whole.
    Those are two different things. You just crossed into the crime of operating a vehicle under the influence.
    The point is both are crimes that can reap devastating consequences....the fact that one crime leads to another is a common course of illegal acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Of course I do. But ...
    (let me finish that) "... I just want to annoy you in a passive-aggressive manner."

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    The point is both are crimes that can reap devastating consequences....the fact that one crime leads to another is a common course of illegal acts.
    No. Sitting in one's living room and getting baked on weed they grew themselves reaps no devastating consequences.

(allow me to clarify, I don't smoke marijuana)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Talk about a s t r e t c h

An individual employeed by the federal gov't arrested for a crime, now means that the religious right are child molestors. Are you dizzy from all the spinning you do or have you become accustomed to the continual rotations.

For example:
    Mayor Jim West

Want more.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    No. Sitting in one's living room and getting baked on weed they grew themselves reaps no devastating consequences.

(allow me to clarify, I don't smoke marijuana)
    Unless they get baked, then forget they put something on the stove, doze off, burn the building down, injure firefighters trying to save the kids that are trapped on the floor above the potheads.

Weed not doing it for you anymore, let's try crack. Police officer gunned down during a drug bust.

You can what if anything to death. Is it legal? No.
    Unless they get baked, then forget they put something on the stove, doze off, burn the building down, injure firefighters trying to save the kids that are trapped on the floor above the potheads.

Weed not doing it for you anymore, let's try crack. Police officer gunned down during a drug bust.

You can what if anything to death. Is it legal? No.
    What a stretch.

The entire drug war is a self feeding beast that we saw with alcohol prohibition.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    For example:
    Mayor Jim West

Want more.

Should I link 100 post of religious individuals who have not been accused of crimes for every one you link that have, or should I link 100 cites of individuals who are arrested that do not claim to be religious? Not sure what you are trying to prove. Stereotypes don't work. Normally the liberals scream against profiling, seems to me you are for it (as long as it is against certain groups).
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    What a stretch.

The entire drug war is a self feeding beast that we saw with alcohol prohibition.
    1st example was not a stretch, but an actual event that I responded to in 1983. One of the children had 3rd degree burns over 60 percent of her body and went through something like 70 surgeries. Her little brother died of smoke inhalation. There were 3 firefighters injured to the point of requiring overnight hospitilization when the stairs they were on collapsed.

Official cause of fire was unattended cooking, the individuals were arrested for negligence however the public defender worked a plea deal and they walked with probation. They admitted to smoking marijuana and falling asleep with french fires cooking in a pan of oil on the stove.
    Pretty bold all conclusive statement in your defense of an illegal act.
    1st example was not a stretch, but an actual event that I responded to in 1983. One of the children had 3rd degree burns over 60 percent of her body and went through something like 70 surgeries. Her little brother died of smoke inhalation. There were 3 firefighters injured to the point of requiring overnight hospitilization when the stairs they were on collapsed.

Official cause of fire was unattended cooking, the individuals were arrested for negligence however the public defender worked a plea deal and they walked with probation. They admitted to smoking marijuana and falling asleep with french fires cooking in a pan of oil on the stove.
    What's your point. They were negligent. They could have been negligent on cough syrup, budweiser, or sleep deprivation from working two full time jobs. You're trying to point to one event to villify the use of marijuana.
    What a stretch.

To think, he actually agrees with me on something.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You're trying to point to one event to villify the use of marijuana.
    And you guys are trying to point to one piece of sh!t to villify an entire administration. The scumbag deserves the worst he can get, but to pin this on the President or his administration is pathetic.
  16.    #36  
    Should I link 100 post of religious individuals who have not been accused of crimes for every one you link that have, or should I link 100 cites of individuals who are arrested that do not claim to be religious? Not sure what you are trying to prove. Stereotypes don't work. Normally the liberals scream against profiling, seems to me you are for it (as long as it is against certain groups).
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    And you guys are trying to point to one piece of sh!t to villify an entire administration. The scumbag deserves the worst he can get, but to pin this on the President or his administration is pathetic.

the parallel I saw was between the morbid fear that the right has traditionally had about the dangers of Gay blackmail compromising National Security -- and this rightist HomeLand Security spokeman with presumably the hightest of security clearances -- fric asseeing himself into absolute shark bait while at the top echelons of that organization too obsessed with terrorists to help the flooded folks of Louisiana.

Why is it unfair to hold this adminastration culpable for the people they entrust in these very senior important and responsible jobs ?? is that not one of the chief responsibilities of their stewardship ??

(Let's not even talk about the FBI supervisor who never read the 70 memos screaming that Zacarias Moussaoui was a terrorist, or the memo titled: "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States" ...)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    What's your point. They were negligent. They could have been negligent on cough syrup, budweiser, or sleep deprivation from working two full time jobs. You're trying to point to one event to villify the use of marijuana.
    Same point you attempt to make by saying the adminsitration and the religous right are child molesters because of one @ssbite. I am glad you were able to realize one example does not give anyone the ability to place everyone in a mold.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    the parallel I saw was between the morbid fear that the right has traditionally had about the dangers of Gay blackmail compromising National Security -- and this rightist HomeLand Security spokeman with presumably the hightest of security clearances -- fric asseeing himself into absolute shark bait while at the top echelons of that organization too obsessed with terrorists to help the flooded folks of Louisiana.

Why is it unfair to hold this adminastration culpable for the people they entrust in these very senior important and responsible jobs ?? is that not one of the chief responsibilities of their stewardship ??

(Let's not even talk about the FBI supervisor who never read the 70 memos screaming that Zacarias Moussaoui was a terrorist, or the memo titled: "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States" ...)
    So you are saying that both homosexual and child molestors should be able to serve, or that we should prevent both from serving?

Hold those responsible accountable. If the individual has a record of child molestation, or something similar and someone turned a blind eye during the background checks, hell yes they are accountable. If the individual had a clean record, who do you hold responsible?

EDIT to add:
    What was his job at DHS? Assistant press secretary. His previous job was an editor for Time. I am not sure he had a "very senior and responsible job".
    Last edited by cardio; 04/06/2006 at 03:20 PM.
    (let me finish that) "... I just want to annoy you in a passive-aggressive manner."

Or... I want to make you think and stop repeating meaningless phrases from the DNC playbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    To think, he actually agrees with me on something.
    Shhh.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast