Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Yeah, the Intel Core Duos will have a shorter battery life than the Centrinos, but it will better when compared to the mobile Athlons, celerons etc. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $battery$ $life$, $I$ $believe$ $you$ $could$ $basically$ $say$ $that$ $Centrinos$&$gt$;&$gt$;$Turions$&$gt$;&$gt$;$Intel$ $Core$ $Duos$. ($If$ $I$'$m$ $wrong$ $some$ $one$ $please$ $correct$ $me$ $here$) $OF$ $course$, $the$ $overall$ $specs$ $matter$ $as$ $well$.
    Thanks for the info.

That is why I'm waiting for AMD dual core Turions 64 X2's to come out. They should have equivalent battery lifes and outperform the Intel Core Duos as well!!

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30790
    Sweet
    I see your point about having a Treo-like experience with a tablet laptop.

Here's a link for a Gateway tablet laptop. It even offers an on-screen keyboard. It's cheap at only $1299:

http://www.gateway.com/products/GCon...=cx200x&seg=hm

Click on link for "Learn More" for more detailed info.
    I used a $500 dollar off copuon, a $35 stackable coupon, and a 10% off for using dell credit to buy my Dell XPS with built in bluetooth which paired with my 700w, gives me wireless broadband.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Another small convertable Tablet to think about is the IBM x41T , Have one and I am very very happy with it.

Rated very well at PC mag (1) small laptop
    You know with the release of boot camp, suddenly those 12" powerbooks look really appealing as well imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You know with the release of boot camp, suddenly those 12" powerbooks look really appealing as well imo...
    Won't work. It's only for the Intel Macs.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Won't work. It's only for the Intel Macs.
    Okay then...whenever the intel version of those come out then...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    *drool* (there should really be an smiley for that)

those laptops make my toshiba look and sound absolutely ancient.

but then again...it was bought in fall 2002 before I started college....
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    I'm using Bootcamp on a MacBook right now. easily the fastest XP Laptop i've ever used.

This is a work computer, but i'm def going to get a Intel iBook when they come out. I just hope that they are still ~ $1000.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Another small convertable Tablet to think about is the IBM x41T , Have one and I am very very happy with it.

Rated very well at PC mag (1) small laptop
    Out of curiosity how is the stylus near the edges of the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    I'm using Bootcamp on a MacBook right now. easily the fastest XP Laptop i've ever used.

This is a work computer, but i'm def going to get a Intel iBook when they come out. I just hope that they are still ~ $1000.

Timmay
    how the hell did we get from hacker contest to windows on a mac so freakin fast? you are saying u typed that message with windows xp on your mac laptop? and also when did macs become the fastest laptop uve ever had? I feel like I been in a cave

and didn't mac give up making hardware cause they fell 2 far behind in power?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12