1.    #1  
    Let's face it, we live in a pretty amazing universe. The idea that someone could be bitten by a radioactive spider or be a strange visitor from the planet Krypton just isn't that far out there. At least not to me.
    However, I do believe in a higher power, and I think that's why no one actually HAS powers. Because quite honestly, who among us would always do the right thing with them? Yeah, I'm sure a few of us would try to help people out, save trains and school buses full of children, that sort of thing, but how long before somebody ticks you off and you teach 'em a lesson? I mean honestly, how many of you out there think the best scene in "Spider-man" was the one where Peter finally beat the tar out of Flash Thompson? Don't be shy.

So there it is. The reason these things aren't allowed to happen isn't because they're so far fetched, it's because someone up there knows what we'd do with these abilities, and realizes we've screwed the world up enough.

I mean honestly, can you imagine what the world would be like if I actually had Dr. Doom's abilities? One word- DOOMtatorship. Or if Insertion woke up tonight with the ability to just get stronger as he gets angrier? Who-boy. You'd all be in trouble.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Hey, that's a pretty good observation, Doom. You're not so doomed after all. You might just have to change your moniker from DrDoom to DrInABadWay. A few more insights like this and you might make it to DrNotCompletelyWithoutHope.

Just keep it real, okay? I don't think my heart could handle DrHappy.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Hey, that's a pretty good observation, Doom. You're not so doomed after all. You might just have to change your moniker from DrDoom to DrInABadWay. A few more insights like this and you might make it to DrNotCompletelyWithoutHope.

Just keep it real, okay? I don't think my heart could handle DrHappy.

Resy assured, if DOOM ever becomes "DrHappy" it is merely a ruse, a cunning attempt to trick you, to lull you into a false sense of security, then execute my plan for WORLD DOMINATION!!!

Or not. You decide.
    It'll be fun.
    it would be nice to have super powers though....like to be super strong if you were in an accident and a car fell on you......or then there's being able to read peoples minds and telekenisis (i think thats the word for being able to move things with your mind)......

and watch out! i think doom may be hinting that he plans to take over TC!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    then execute my plan for WORLD DOMINATION!!!
    If you need anymore members to add to your private ring of world dominators, here are two teams that you might find in the phonebook with common goals:

and
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    it would be nice to have super powers though....like to be super strong if you were in an accident and a car fell on you......or then there's being able to read peoples minds and telekenisis (i think thats the word for being able to move things with your mind)......

and watch out! i think doom may be hinting that he plans to take over TC!

That's what I'm talking about! Do you honestly wanna tell me ANY good could come of telepathy??? No siree Bob!

And as for taking over T/C? Feh...there's too much bueracracy in running a place like this. In theory taking a place over is great, but the whole running of it afterwards would suck.

"Please, Lord and Master, there's a disturbance down in the village! The town pub's run out of ale, and the village council is proposing a tax on goat's milk, and there's a small matter of the harvesting of the crop for winter, and..."

SCREW ALL THAT!!!

I just wanna defeat everybody, not make their decisions for 'em afterward!!!
    It'll be fun.
    Let's face it, we live in a pretty amazing universe. The idea that someone could be bitten by a radioactive spider or be a strange visitor from the planet Krypton just isn't that far out there. At least not to me.
    However, I do believe in a higher power, and I think that's why no one actually HAS powers. Because quite honestly, who among us would always do the right thing with them? Yeah, I'm sure a few of us would try to help people out, save trains and school buses full of children, that sort of thing, but how long before somebody ticks you off and you teach 'em a lesson? I mean honestly, how many of you out there think the best scene in "Spider-man" was the one where Peter finally beat the tar out of Flash Thompson? Don't be shy.

So there it is. The reason these things aren't allowed to happen isn't because they're so far fetched, it's because someone up there knows what we'd do with these abilities, and realizes we've screwed the world up enough.

I mean honestly, can you imagine what the world would be like if I actually had Dr. Doom's abilities? One word- DOOMtatorship. Or if Insertion woke up tonight with the ability to just get stronger as he gets angrier? Who-boy. You'd all be in trouble.
    OK. When are gonna jump out of the wooden horse and get to your real point? (tee hee)
    DOOMtators? I think I heard McDonalds was coming out with DOOMtators.
  9.    #9  
    Sued 'em before they could.

Oh, and that was my real point.
    It'll be fun.
    I reckon I'd like some Doomtaters, mmm-hmm...with mustard, mmm

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I reckon I'd like some Doomtaters, mmm-hmm...with mustard, mmm

You KNOW you can't have DOOMtaters. They have 100 proof grain alchohol in 'em!
    It'll be fun.

I agree with you DrDoom. Especially with superpowers like spiderman/superman/X-men/fantastic four, we'd all be in trouble.

But have you seen <unbreakable>? That guy is only... unbreakable. I think that would be a nice super power to have. You can't really do any harm with that, and you are in super health and you can never break a leg or anything like that. It's not like you are unkillable or anything, just unbreakable. That would be a very nice super power to have!
    - Jeeman
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeMan
    I agree with you DrDoom. Especially with superpowers like spiderman/superman/X-men/fantastic four, we'd all be in trouble.

But have you seen <unbreakable>? That guy is only... unbreakable. I think that would be a nice super power to have. You can't really do any harm with that, and you are in super health and you can never break a leg or anything like that. It's not like you are unkillable or anything, just unbreakable. That would be a very nice super power to have!
    Ah, but he was unkillable. Watch the movie again. The only thing that could kill him was drowning because he still had to breath. So, as long as he kept a massive arsenal (And honestly, who doesn't?)close at hand to keep people from draggin him into the pool he's golden. 'Cept for old age. That one, presumably, will get him.

Man. What a great flick. Probably Shaymalan's best, in my opinion.
    It'll be fun.
    hmmm, you are right he is unkillable, only drownable. But I would still prefer to be unbreakable than be able to fly or whatever else!

And I have to agree with you that it is a great movie. With "the sixth sense", they are in my top ten.
    - Jeeman
    I think real grain alcohol is 151 proof...
    I'm confused. What's the difference between the end result of drowning a person and killing a person any other way?
    I guess you would have to have the super power to seperate the oxygen out of the water?? Otherwise no idea... I wonder what happens when the go super dump. What happens if they get hmoroids? How do they trim their fingernails or cut their hair? Seems to me Superman should look like some stoner from the 70's...Wait!!! Is that why Doom wears that mask?
    Well, I'm thinking that if a person is drownable he is killable by definition. For that matter, if "dead" can be described as "broken" then our superhero isn't "unbreakable" either. But I guess a movie called "Mostly Unbreakable" wouldn't be selling many tickets.