Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 91 of 91
  1.    #81  
    Back on topic:

    From todays headlines:

    Sectarian Strife Fuels Gun Sales in Baghdad

    This is very worrisome as it's just placing the tools for civil war all over the place. We're contributing to it greatly ourselves trying to prop up the Iraqi military and police thus dumping gund there which are going to find there way to oher hands. Or members of the police/military ARE the wrong hands.
  2. #82  
    Can we also count on you to use this space to post any positive stories that come out of Iraq?
  3. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #83  
    No.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  4. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #84  
    We're contributing to it greatly ourselves trying to prop up the Iraqi military and police
    As usual, you make no sense. On one hand you want the US to leave Iraq now. On the other hand, you dont want us to build up the Iraqi military and police. So, I guess the US should just leave the country and let it fall into complete lawlessness.

    But, I guess you know what your talking about with your expert experience in this matter.
    Last edited by TomUps; 04/03/2006 at 04:07 PM.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    On one hand you want the US to leave Iraq now. On the other hand, you dont want us to build up the Iraqi military and police. So, I guess the US should just leave the country and let it fall into complete lawlessness.
    If both hands lead to the same conclusion (i.e., Bush fails) then its a win-win situation. That's why you'll never hear some people discuss any good that's come out of the war.
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Can we also count on you to use this space to post any positive stories that come out of Iraq?
    Sure, when the gov't takes control and US troops start heading home, I'll post it right here, in 3 or more years. Here's some that should have been good news but thanks to this corporatocrasy good old boys network, everyone is screwed except the corporation:

    With $200 million spent, few Iraq clinics finished
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    As usual, you make no sense. On one hand you want the US to leave Iraq now. On the other hand, you dont want us to build up the Iraqi military and police. So, I guess the US should just leave the country and let it fall into complete lawlessness.

    But, I guess you know what your talking about with your expert experience in this matter.

    Well, if you would have read the article you would have read:

    "The American military has added to the arsenal also, by shipping in hundreds of thousands of firearms and millions of rounds of ammunition, in an effort to equip the fledging Iraqi security forces so American troops will be able to leave."

    Which is not a criticism as much as it is a catch-22.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    That's why you'll never hear some people discuss any good that's come out of the war.

    That talking point fell flat last week and has been dropped from the agenda for the moment. Please check your RNC Daily Talking Points email more frequently.

  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    That talking point fell flat last week and has been dropped from the agenda for the moment. Please check your RNC Daily Talking Points email more frequently.

    Actually this is an observation that I have made several times over the last 18 months.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Sure, when the gov't takes control and US troops start heading home, I'll post it right here, in 3 or more years. Here's some that should have been good news but thanks to this corporatocrasy good old boys network, everyone is screwed except the corporation:

    With $200 million spent, few Iraq clinics finished
    So that would be the only good news in your opinion, eh? Even if it means they head home before the Iraqis are prepared and a civil war ensues? Nay, I think you would present this as bad news as usual.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Sure, when the gov't takes control and US troops start heading home, I'll post it right here, in 3 or more years. Here's some that should have been good news but thanks to this corporatocrasy good old boys network, everyone is screwed except the corporation:

    With $200 million spent, few Iraq clinics finished
    I guess you missed the good news. US troops have already started heading home. There are now only about 133,000 US troops left.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions