Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 91
  1. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #41  
    The exact reason I questioned your need to start another thread on this dead horse. You refuse to justify the points you make up (80% have no clear idea why they are there) and then get testy when your argument does not hold up to discussion.
    This is exactly what DaT does in every thread he participates in.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    This is exactly what DaT does in every thread he participates in.

    Read above, I clearly state source and point.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    If you ask 100 people if they believe that 9-11 had anything to do with us going to Iraq I would expect 85 would say yes it played a part, and maybe even more will say that as the documents are being released that discuss the conversations that Saddam and his top aides had with AQ members.
    No, ever decreasing numbers of people believe this as evidenced by the administrations denial of ever attempting to tie these things together. But you just keep on believing.
  4. #44  
    Have to love posts by daLiberal and his posse of granola eating hippies...
  5. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    No, ever decreasing numbers of people believe this as evidenced by the administrations denial of ever attempting to tie these things together. But you just keep on believing.
    Allrighty then, keep the faith my friend, keep the faith.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Have to love posts by daLiberal and his posse of granola eating hippies...
    I have a posse. Kewl! But can I have the gun toting leftists instead of granola eating hippies? Hippies smell.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I have a posse. Kewl! But can I have the gun toting leftists instead of granola eating hippies? Hippies smell.
    I was always under the impression the lefties had an aversion to firearms like the Clinton administration to morality and civility.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    I was always under the impression the lefties had an aversion to firearms like the Clinton administration to morality and civility.
    Sorry cesium! That's premataure Clinton-aculation. This is only the third page of the thread and you couldn't 'hold out' from dropping the C name! Gotta work on your Conservative control.

    Nope, there are plenty of 'Lefties' that are pro-citizen gun ownership. How else do we protect ourselves from administrations like the current one.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Nope, there are plenty of 'Lefties' that are pro-citizen gun ownership. How else do we protect ourselves from administrations like the current one.
    Doesn't it ususally consist of a fair amount of flag burning (the same flag many people gave their lives for)



    Here they are fueling up for the protest, how terrible a voluntary military is liberating a country:



    Someone should drive the liberals into the ocean like the lemmings they are.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Doesn't it ususally consist of a fair amount of flag burning (the same flag many people gave their lives for)
    Wow! You sure don't get it do you. America does not fight and struggle for a flag. We strive for and believe in Freedom. Like freedom of political expression. Sorry you are unable or unwilling to see that difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Here they are fueling up for the protest, how terrible a voluntary military is liberating a country:
    The American way to view that is citizens making choices for themselves in the privacy of their own home which does not affect anyone else and is none of the government's business.


    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Someone should drive the liberals into the ocean like the lemmings they are.
    Step up.
    Last edited by daThomas; 03/31/2006 at 04:17 PM.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Whoa whoa whoa. What the heck am i making up??
    Go back to this post .
    1. I made a correct statement. "Many soldiers don't have a clear sense of the mission." It's supported by the article which says that only 58% claim that the mission is clear.
    2. You made up your own "facts" to dispute my correct statement.
    3. When cardio explained this to you, you called your lie/mistake a "play on words" and blamed him for being confused.

    Clearly you're incapable of admitting you were wrong or even having an honest dialogue.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Go back to this post .
    1. I made a correct statement. "Many soldiers don't have a clear sense of the mission." It's supported by the article which says that only 58% claim that the mission is clear.
    2. You made up your own "facts" to dispute my correct statement.
    3. When cardio explained this to you, you called your lie/mistake a "play on words" and blamed him for being confused.

    Clearly you're incapable of admitting you were wrong or even having an honest dialogue.
    Gawd. Ok, I'll try to explain it again. Over 80% believe they invaded Iraq to retaliate for 9/11. I stated that seems to be a clear sense of purpose of the invasion so i could point out that it's wholly incorrect.

    I find that figure to be the most frightening one of all.
  13. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Gawd. Ok, I'll try to explain it again. Over 80% believe they invaded Iraq to retaliate for 9/11. I stated that seems to be a clear sense of purpose of the invasion so i could point out that it's wholly incorrect.

    I find that figure to be the most frightening one of all.
    GET OFF THE KOOL-AID

    You have convinced yourself (no one else) that this poll is wholly accurate and without flaw. I will help you with a little simple math. According to your post and your holy grail poll

    85% say the main reason was to retaliate for 9/11
    24% say the main reason was moral democracy
    68% say it was to remove Saddam
    11% said to secure oil reserves
    6% said to have a long term presence in region

    That is 194% of the polled. Well, we all know that 100% is everyone involved. Ya think maybe the multiple questions were trying to lead to something, why else would we have 5 main reasons total 194%.

    It is scary that the public will buy into statistics so fast to bolster their argument without doing a little research before looking foolish.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Gawd. Ok, I'll try to explain it again. Over 80% believe they invaded Iraq to retaliate for 9/11. I stated that seems to be a clear sense of purpose of the invasion so i could point out that it's wholly incorrect.

    I find that figure to be the most frightening one of all.
    The poll said: "58% said the US mission in Iraq is clear."

    The article said: "58% said the US mission in Iraq is clear."

    I said: "The poll and the article say that 58% said the US mission in Iraq is clear."

    You quoted the article: "58% said the US mission in Iraq is clear."


    So what percent of the soldiers polled believe that the US mission in Iraq is clear?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    The poll said: "58% said the US mission in Iraq is clear."

    The article said: "58% said the US mission in Iraq is clear."

    I said: "The poll and the article say that 58% said the US mission in Iraq is clear."

    You quoted the article: "58% said the US mission in Iraq is clear."


    So what percent of the soldiers polled believe that the US mission in Iraq is clear?
    Dude, let it go. My statement was not trying to say your were wrong it was to focus on the other number. You are so freaking right in this matter i stand in awe. Now let it go.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    GET OFF THE KOOL-AID

    You have convinced yourself (no one else) that this poll is wholly accurate and without flaw. I will help you with a little simple math. According to your post and your holy grail poll

    85% say the main reason was to retaliate for 9/11
    24% say the main reason was moral democracy
    68% say it was to remove Saddam
    11% said to secure oil reserves
    6% said to have a long term presence in region

    That is 194% of the polled. Well, we all know that 100% is everyone involved. Ya think maybe the multiple questions were trying to lead to something, why else would we have 5 main reasons total 194%.

    It is scary that the public will buy into statistics so fast to bolster their argument without doing a little research before looking foolish.
    You're kidding right. You think the numbers above are the answers to a single question? Forgive me for pointing out 'looking foolish' but you're post is quite incorrect.
  17. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You're kidding right. You think the numbers above are the answers to a single question? Forgive me for pointing out 'looking foolish' but you're post is quite incorrect.
    Guess I should have been a little more clear for you.
    I will cut and paste this from my post.

    "That is 194% of the polled. Well, we all know that 100% is everyone involved. Ya think maybe the multiple questions were trying to lead to something, why else would we have 5 main reasons total 194%."

    I referenced (wrote about) multiple (more than one) questions (plural) and how that is an indication (sign) that the pollsters were trying to get a certain result.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Guess I should have been a little more clear for you.
    I will cut and paste this from my post.

    "That is 194% of the polled. Well, we all know that 100% is everyone involved. Ya think maybe the multiple questions were trying to lead to something, why else would we have 5 main reasons total 194%."

    I referenced (wrote about) multiple (more than one) questions (plural) and how that is an indication (sign) that the pollsters were trying to get a certain result.

    Look, you can believe what you want to. The poll was likely done using a likert scale which is a scale of "I strongly agree" to "I strongly disagree". But when you see information that doesn't agree with the picture of the world you've painted for yourself, you can just keep repeating to yourself, "You can get polls to reflect anything". Nevermind the reputation of Zogby. Nevermind the science of polling which political players put a great deal of $$ into. You just tell yourself what you need to hear.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You're kidding right. You think the numbers above are the answers to a single question? Forgive me for pointing out 'looking foolish' but you're post is quite incorrect.
    Well, you can just look at the first two points:

    "85% say the main reason was to retaliate for 9/11
    24% say the main reason was moral democracy"

    Even if they were answers to separate questions, those two statements can't both be true.
  20. #60  
    you people who post current events here are donkeys. go to cnn dot com or something. nobody wants to read you uninformed garbage. talk about your f-ing phone will ya?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions