Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #1  
    Keith Olbermann on his show 'Countdown' referred to Babs as being the worst person in the world. Tell me your thoughts. I think if she was going to give the money to her son she should have just given it to him or did she do it for tax purposes? Either way specifying where your donation goes, to benefit your son is pretty shady in my book.

    Source: MSNBC

    But tonight’s winner, Barbara Bush. Former First Lady, mother of the president. The “Houston Chronicle” reporting today and her chief of staff confirming that Mrs. Bush made a generous donation to the Hurricane Katrina relief fund co-chaired by her husband, the former president, and former President Clinton, but there was a catch. The money she donated had to be spent, was earmarked for, was intended only for use for buying computer software programs for schools in Houston. Computer software programs through schools in Houston that were sold by her son, Neil. You would think if a woman has reached her 80th birthday she would understand that if you make a donation to charity, and make the charity give the donation to your son it’s not a damned donation anymore.

    Barbara Bush. Today’s “Worst Person in the World!”
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I think if she was going to give the money to her son she should have just given it to him or did she do it for tax purposes?
    If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a damn duck.
  3. #3  
    LOL...well put.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  4. #4  
    I thought Saddam was the worst person in the world?
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    I thought Saddam was the worst person in the world?
    Can't have him on there everyday.
  6. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #6  
    I agree, that has got to be worse than murdering your husband http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/24/D8GI3M202.html

    Making 3 year old kids fight for your pleasure
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-23-22-13-01

    or beating a teen to death
    http://www.comcast.net/news/national...qh=itn_busstop
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I agree, that has got to be worse than murdering your husband http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/24/D8GI3M202.html

    Making 3 year old kids fight for your pleasure
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-23-22-13-01

    or beating a teen to death
    http://www.comcast.net/news/national...qh=itn_busstop
    Uh...Er...thanks, i guess cardio.
  8. #8  
    The worst is a bit harsh and subjective, but...she's in the damn running. As Cardio is pointing out, there are many levels of bad....her kind of bad isn't "hurting" anyone, but it sure is despicable.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    The worst is a bit harsh and subjective, but...she's in the damn running. As Cardio is pointing out, there are many levels of bad....her kind of bad isn't "hurting" anyone, but it sure is despicable.
    When it's done on the backs of the working poor, it sure is.
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I agree, that has got to be worse than murdering your husband http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/24/D8GI3M202.html

    Making 3 year old kids fight for your pleasure
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-23-22-13-01

    or beating a teen to death
    http://www.comcast.net/news/national...qh=itn_busstop
    Most of those articles are dated today. And the other article was published at 10:15p on Thrus., after the taping of his show. I would watch tonight and see if these folks make it
  11. #11  
    Her son would have been better off tax wise if she would have just given him money. She ends up being better off tax wise because she can deduct that contribution from her taxes in itemized deductions.
  12. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    When it's done on the backs of the working poor, it sure is.
    How is that on the back of the working poor?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    How is that on the back of the working poor?
    Using a charity to re-gift money to your family and give yourself i tidy tax deduction? Who's going to make up for that lack of tax revenue? The working poor and middle class. Edited to add, and using the Katrina fund to do so is really digging one's thumb in the eye of he poor given the large % of victims of Katrina are the mid-lowest classes.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I agree, that has got to be worse than murdering your husband http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/24/D8GI3M202.html

    Making 3 year old kids fight for your pleasure
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-23-22-13-01

    or beating a teen to death
    http://www.comcast.net/news/national...qh=itn_busstop
    Come on, Cardio. Read the title of this thread. This is clearly no place for reason.
  15. #15  
    Another gem of worthless BULLSH.

    Hey nrg and da thomas, I'm curious, do you guys fall over constantly from leaning all the way over to the left.

    Chuck
  16. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Using a charity to re-gift money to your family and give yourself i tidy tax deduction? Who's going to make up for that lack of tax revenue? The working poor and middle class. Edited to add, and using the Katrina fund to do so is really digging one's thumb in the eye of he poor given the large % of victims of Katrina are the mid-lowest classes.
    You are right again of course. She should have kept her money and not made any attempt to provide educational software to those kids. I forgot how good of an investment it is to give away $10,000 to reduce your tax by $400. And you know what, those schools that she was screwing around with by giving them the educational software only had a few hundred kids that were displaced by Katrina so it was wrong for her to use that organization.

    Teacher, leave them kids alone, we don't need no education!!!!
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    You are right again of course. She should have kept her money and not made any attempt to provide educational software to those kids. I forgot how good of an investment it is to give away $10,000 to reduce your tax by $400. And you know what, those schools that she was screwing around with by giving them the educational software only had a few hundred kids that were displaced by Katrina so it was wrong for her to use that organization.

    Teacher, leave them kids alone, we don't need no education!!!!
    blah, blah, blah, blah, charlie brown's teacher talking, wah, wah, wah, wah
  18. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    blah, blah, blah, blah, charlie brown's teacher talking, wah, wah, wah, wah
    Difficult for you to comprehend I see.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Using a charity to re-gift money to your family and give yourself i tidy tax deduction? Who's going to make up for that lack of tax revenue? The working poor and middle class. Edited to add, and using the Katrina fund to do so is really digging one's thumb in the eye of he poor given the large % of victims of Katrina are the mid-lowest classes.

    The government is not necessarily losing money by the way this was done (versus giving a gift). It could end up giving the government more money depending on what Bush's son's profit margins are in his company. His company (assuming he owns a corporation and in not in a self proprietorship or a partnership) is going to have to pay tax on the profit he earns in his business from selling the software. Then, he will have to pay personal taxes on the dividends he recieves from the the company. Of course, if he has a good tax accountant, he might not have to pay any taxes at all.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Another gem of worthless BULLSH.

    Hey nrg and da thomas, I'm curious, do you guys fall over constantly from leaning all the way over to the left.

    Chuck
    It's all a matter of perspective sir. And there's a difference between being anti-corporate and anti-corporate-welfare.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions