Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    What? I dont have any displeasure with any donations, crooked or otherwise, I am chiming in on the "Is Barbara Bush the worst person in the world?" debate.

And, for the record, the only "CONTEXT" that would make her crazy comments sane is ....

"Damn, i would really be a flaming crazy out of touch racist if i were to imply that ..."

"things are 'working out very well' for the New Orleans Katrina Survivors."
    Do you even know the context of the comment, evidently not.

The people she was talking to (in Houston) were saying they were moving to Texas since they were being afforded an opputunity for a fresh start. She was not implying that they would be better living in the dome instead of their home pre Katrina, but since Katrina desrtoyed their home they were taking advantage of the chance to start over. Quit looking for the boogey man behind every door.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Do you even know the context of the comment, evidently not.

The people she was talking to (in Houston) were saying they were moving to Texas since they were being afforded an opputunity for a fresh start. She was not implying that they would be better living in the dome instead of their home pre Katrina, but since Katrina desrtoyed their home they were taking advantage of the chance to start over. Quit looking for the boogey man behind every door.
    http://www.smh.com.au/audio/bbush.mp3

Lol, Barbara bush walking around in the wake of Katrina, among thousands of black people sleeping in cots in a Hurricaine shelter and saying "...many of the poeple living in the arenas here were underpriveledged anyway. And so this is working very well for them."

You're right, perhaps I was reading too much in to that. And Mell Gibson loves Jews.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    http://www.smh.com.au/audio/bbush.mp3

Lol, Barbara bush walking around in the wake of Katrina, among thousands of black people sleeping in cots in a Hurricaine shelter and saying "...many of the poeple living in the arenas here were underpriveledged anyway. And so this is working very well for them."

You're right, perhaps I was reading too much in to that. And Mell Gibson loves Jews.
    Keep on believing that, just thousands of black people were displaced and sleeping in shelters. Love the way some add their own input into stories that the media have already sensationalized. It appears you would have rather those underprivedledged people be sent back to the destroyed rented houses and left to fend for themselves instead of the oppurtunity to have a new start in Texas. Have it your way man, have it your way.
    lol, dude!!!, how can I sensationalize her voice, its her voice, lol
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    lol, dude!!!, how can I sensationalize her voice, its her voice, lol
    I did not say you sensationalized her voice, I said the media took her statement and turned it from her saying that many of the people were saying they were going to stay in Texas, and it was working out well for them (in the context of they had lost what little they had, the homes they rented were destroyed) and that they were being afforded an oppurtunity to start over in Texas, and played a 20 second soundbite trying to make her statement into look these people are better off living in the dome then they were in their home.

You added "among thousands of black people sleeping in cots in a Hurricaine shelter".
    uh, she was walking "among thousands of black people sleeping in cots in a Hurricaine shelter".
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    uh, she was walking "among thousands of black people sleeping in cots in a Hurricaine shelter".
    I apologize, I did not realize they had put a policy of segregation in effect and only black people were in the shelter sleeping on cots. That is a travesty. Where did the white people go when they evacuated?
    Only difference is the party affiliation.
    Perhaps but in theBlaze's case at least the comments are about the same person.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Perhaps but in theBlaze's case at least the comments are about the same person.

And the majority of the time people compare Clinton to Bush (both President of the US for the comparison)

So for you it is OK to change topic as long as it is same person, but not compare to people doing the exact same job.

I apologize, I did not realize they had put a policy of segregation in effect and only black people were in the shelter sleeping on cots. That is a travesty.
    Nobody said only black people. Except you.

Where did the white people go when they evacuated?
    Places like Kennebunkport and Crawford Texas i think.
    And the majority of the time people compare Clinton to Bush (both President of the US for the comparison)

So for you it is OK to change topic as long as it is same person, but not compare to people doing the exact same job.

Yes.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Nobody said only black people. Except you.

Places like Kennebunkport and Crawford Texas i think.
    You said thousands of black people. You did not include anyone else, if you meant evacuees you could have used that term, why did you single out black people sleeping on cots, did you want it to sound racially motivated? That is the impression I got from your post.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yes.
    OK.
    So if Barbara Bush is the Worst Person In The World for requesting donated money to be spent on helping schools through her son's company.....what does this make Barbara Boxer:

That's One Heck of an Allowance
    by Matt Margolis :: April 7, 2005 12:49 PM

It's nice when mommy has her own political action committee isn't it?

Disclosure statements also show that Senator Barbara Boxer, ... directed $15,000 from her political action committee in 2003 to a consulting firm run by her son.
    Roll Call also reported in May of 2003 that "Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) funneled $115,000 last cycle to Douglas Boxer & Associates, a company run by her son, from PAC For A Change, her leadership political action committee."

New York Times:
    "Republican lawmakers can point to prominent Democrats whose campaign and political action committees have provided lucrative jobs or consulting contracts to family members. Representative Howard L. Berman of California, the ranking Democrat on the House ethics committee from 1997 to 2003, paid $50,000 from his campaign accounts last year to a consulting firm owned by his brother, according to disclosure forms. Disclosure statements also show that Senator Barbara Boxer, another California Democrat, directed $15,000 from her political action committee in 2003 to a consulting firm run by her son. "
    http://www.noagenda.org/democrats/barbara_boxer/
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    So if Barbara Bush is the Worst Person In The World for requesting donated money to be spent on helping schools through her son's company.....what does this make Barbara Boxer:
    May be a technicality. Boxer's lack of a human soul may disqualify her from being the worst person in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    May be a technicality. Boxer's lack of a human soul may disqualify her from being the worst person in the world.

Hahahahahaha! She does come across as an Ice Queen doesn't she?

And here all along I thought of Barb as the lady from "Wheres the beef?" commercials...or she could totally do "I've fallen and can't get up"...anyway have a good day!
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    And here all along I thought of Barb as the lady from "Wheres the beef?" commercials...or she could totally do "I've fallen and can't get up"...anyway have a good day!
    Which Barb, Boxer or Bush?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    No, im pretty sure that's not a requirement.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123