Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Of course, if he has a good tax accountant, he might not have to pay any taxes at all.
    Gurt! You think!??!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Gurt! You think!??!!?
    Sorry, just trying to inject some humor, didn't need the sarcasstic response.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Gurt! You think!??!!?
    here is the end of an artice written in 2003

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1230-05.htm
    "He said much of the nearly $1.4 million he earned in 2000 went to taxes, while the rest went into other investments that lost money. Taxes, according to records in the divorce case, totaled $485,000 for 2000."

I guess $485,000 in taxes is really sticking it to the poor working man. Hope he got a better tax accountant
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    here is the end of an artice written in 2003

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1230-05.htm
    "He said much of the nearly $1.4 million he earned in 2000 went to taxes, while the rest went into other investments that lost money. Taxes, according to records in the divorce case, totaled $485,000 for 2000."

I guess $485,000 in taxes is really sticking it to the poor working man. Hope he got a better tax accountant
    This guy is a leech on the gov't: " Neil Bush, 48, the second-youngest son of former President George Bush, has chosen not to join the family business of politics, but to some he seems to have parlayed the family name into a lucrative private enterprise."

Corporate welfare at it's barest.
    would you rather she hadn't donated at all? Sure it's kinda "in the family" and may look bad, but realize it's HER money to do as she pleases. Liberals think it belongs to the masses.......
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Keith Olbermann on his show 'Countdown' referred to Babs as being the worst person in the world. Tell me your thoughts. I think if she was going to give the money to her son she should have just given it to him or did she do it for tax purposes? Either way specifying where your donation goes, to benefit your son is pretty shady in my book.
    It's exactly the same as if she bought the educational software from her son herself, and donated it to charity.

How is that a bad thing?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    It's exactly the same as if she bought the educational software from her son herself, and donated it to charity.

How is that a bad thing?
    because of her last name.
    Seems to be better than no donation, but arguably less altruistic than a donation with no strings attached. Can't fault a mother for protecting her poor innocent children.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Seems to be better than no donation, but arguably less altruistic than a donation with no strings attached. Can't fault a mother for protecting her poor innocent children.
    I think that about sums it up.
    Thanks DaT! Rational minds think alike.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    I think that about sums it up.
    "Less altruistic than a donation with no strings attached" is a far cry from "despicable" from being "done on the backs of the working poor."

Glad to see you taking a more reasonable stance.
    IMO, KO seems to present a satire ladened POV. Somewhere between Stewart and that serious journalist Bill O. Like NRG really believes that 80 year old Babs is the WPITW. He's just trying to stir things up.
    unless of course he overcharged for the software therefore costing the charity, if they went out for competitive bids they may have been able to buy more...anytime it is not competitive I question if that is not to pad someones pockets...is the software company a Halliburton subsidiary?
    My favorite was ... things are "working out very well" for the New Orleans Katrina Survivors. lol

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/bar...772563296.html
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    My favorite was ... things are "working out very well" for the New Orleans Katrina Survivors. lol

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/bar...772563296.html
    A NEW RECORD!!!!

You guys made it through 33 posts before you had to abandon you initial attempt to slam a person with the last name of Bush and change topic.
    Huh? What was my initial attempt?

And the topic is, "Is Barbara Bush The Worst Person in The World". Did I veer off?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Huh? What was my initial attempt?

And the topic is, "Is Barbara Bush The Worst Person in The World". Did I veer off?
    The origianal post was that Barbara Bush was the worst person in the world because she donated money to buy educational software for the schools in the Houston area. Her son Neil's company was chosen by her to provide the software. This software is in use in numerous school districts, however some feel that did not justify her donation, or maybe she should not have donated, or somehow this put additional burden on the poor, or something.

Now instead of trying to justify your displeasure with donations to schools you decide to bring up an out of context quote.
    The origianal post was that Barbara Bush was the worst person in the world because she donated money to buy educational software for the schools in the Houston area. Her son Neil's company was chosen by her to provide the software. This software is in use in numerous school districts, however some feel that did not justify her donation, or maybe she should not have donated, or somehow this put additional burden on the poor, or something.

Now instead of trying to justify your displeasure with donations to schools you decide to bring up an out of context quote.
    Bah! Speaks towards the character and is within the context of the same disaster. It's not like he pulled a "Bill Clinton did this...." move.
    What? I dont have any displeasure with any donations, crooked or otherwise, I am chiming in on the "Is Barbara Bush the worst person in the world?" debate.

And, for the record, the only "CONTEXT" that would make her crazy comments sane is ....

"Damn, i would really be a flaming crazy out of touch racist if i were to imply that ..."

"things are 'working out very well' for the New Orleans Katrina Survivors."
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Bah! Speaks towards the character and is within the context of the same disaster. It's not like he pulled a "Bill Clinton did this...." move.
    Only difference is the party affiliation.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast