Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's a Russian site, so they skirt ASCAP and BMI laws.
    If you know, does that make it legal for someone who does not reside in Russia?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's a Russian site, so they skirt ASCAP and BMI laws.
    Anyone use their credit card here without issue?
    I'm weary of puchasing from these super-cheap sites without determining a good track record...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I've heard about this legal, very cheap site: http://www.allofmp3.com/

I use Replay Music to get legal mp3's from streaming music sites: http://www.applian.com/replay-music/
    Great stuff heberman!
    I'll try Replay Music with Pandora this weekend...

PS
    Would someone please move this thread to "Off Topic"... mayve a sticky too...
    Thanx
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    For those of you using Replay Music - do you get a hissing noise in your recordings of streamed music? The hiss is not there in the stream but shows up in the recording. I have it set to "Sound Card" for the source. I have the stream source volume at Max and the recording volume at Max as well. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Anyone use their credit card here without issue?
    I'm weary of puchasing from these super-cheap sites without determining a good track record...
    I've used this service FOREVER without a hitch, pay with my CC all the time.....no bad reviews. Get thier downloader app and it makes a world of difference, the only thing i have against them is that it doesn't keep track of downloads, if u download a song...and accidentally download it again the next week you will be charged. I'm sure there is a way around this through cust. service, but i'm too lazy
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz
    For those of you using Replay Music - do you get a hissing noise in your recordings of streamed music? The hiss is not there in the stream but shows up in the recording. I have it set to "Sound Card" for the source. I have the stream source volume at Max and the recording volume at Max as well. Any suggestions?
    No I don't. My recordings are fine.
    I demo'd Replay this weekend for about an hour tweaking it with Pandora before I purchased it. It works great for me.
    I have the following setup:
    • Input source set to sound card
    • Pandora's volume to max
    • Replay's recording volume to max
    • 100ms for splitting
    • A custom folder for each of my Pandora stations to save my mp3s
    I don't know what could be the problem. I suggest you try emailing Applian support. I'm sure they have seen this before.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crshman
    I've used this service FOREVER without a hitch, pay with my CC all the time.....no bad reviews. Get thier downloader app and it makes a world of difference, the only thing i have against them is that it doesn't keep track of downloads, if u download a song...and accidentally download it again the next week you will be charged. I'm sure there is a way around this through cust. service, but i'm too lazy
    Thanks for the feedback crshman.
    However, now that I've purchased Replay Music, I'll be exploiting that before deciding to purchase any mp3s online...
    You can actually tell Limewire to only find songs that have a license for the MP3....I realize that most people don't check that box, but the box is there.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    If you know, does that make it legal for someone who does not reside in Russia?
    The fact that the mp3s are not free, does not mean the site is "legal". Whatever "legal" means at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I've heard about this legal, very cheap site: http://www.allofmp3.com/

I use Replay Music to get legal mp3's from streaming music sites: http://www.applian.com/replay-music/
    my mom and my aunt both use allofmp3 and like it a lot
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I just downloaded a CD from OurTracks.com for $10 (South Austin Jug Band). Reminds me of livephish.com in it's style: unprotected mp3s for $10 an album along with pleas not to illegally share them. It's a great source for non-major label stuff as far as I can tell, and I think I'll buy some more music from them in the future.
    This is something totally different and I hope it catches on. From what I understand, a HUGE chunk of that $10 goes directly to the artist, and a tiny fraction of the price of an album at record store or at iTunes goes to the artest, and NONE of the money from those illegal russian warez sites goes to the artists OR the labels.

Not to mention, they give you the freedom to listen to it where, when, and how you want, and on which device.

I just found what seems like a lot more of these sites by doing a google for independent music downloads.

The only thing is, your kinda sol if you are a Brittney Spears Fan. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    The only thing is, your kinda sol if you are a Brittney Spears Fan. :P
    In so, so many ways. After all, you still have to look at yourself in the mirror every day. :-)
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    If you are talking about subscription music, there are three big ones: Yahoo, Napster, and Rhapsody. Rhapsody is crap. I haven't used Napster but I subscribe to Yahoo. It is great because it has most any song you could want and with Pocket Tunes, you can move songs and albums directly to your Treo. Of course, it costs about $10/month and when you stop your subscription, you can't play the songs. However, you can download songs for .79, which is one of the cheapest prices for downloading songs. Then you own these songs and can burn them to a CD.

If you have your own music CD's, you can "rip" them with Windows Media Player or Yahoo will do it and put it in your music folder. Then you can transfer them to your Treo.
    I'm confused. Is the .79 in addition to the $10 a month subscription, or can you just download songs all day long for .79 and burn them to cd or move them to a treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    I'm confused. Is the .79 in addition to the $10 a month subscription, or can you just download songs all day long for .79 and burn them to cd or move them to a treo?
    You can download them to a treo (or any enabled device) for the monthly fee. So long as you pay for your fee, you can listen to the music. If you pay an additional $0.79 a song, you have a license to the music forever (even if you stop your monthly payments) and you can (usually) burn the song to a CD (a limited number of times).
    In so, so many ways. After all, you still have to look at yourself in the mirror every day. :-)
    Bwahahahahahahahaah! Good one K.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Anyone try Walmart? My sister says it's pretty affordable. (OK, don't spam me about WalMart).
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    You can download them to a treo (or any enabled device) for the monthly fee. So long as you pay for your fee, you can listen to the music. If you pay an additional $0.79 a song, you have a license to the music forever (even if you stop your monthly payments) and you can (usually) burn the song to a CD (a limited number of times).
    Thanks KRamsauer. I'm after the license, and not interested in just being able to hear a song while I'm subscribed. Is there any other service that allows you actually own the song, comparable to Yahoo's .79 deal?

The ultimate for me would be able to just buy a song at a time, as desired. I don't look for songs often enough to justify a subscription.
    Thanks KRamsauer. I'm after the license, and not interested in just being able to hear a song while I'm subscribed. Is there any other service that allows you actually own the song, comparable to Yahoo's .79 deal?

The ultimate for me would be able to just buy a song at a time, as desired. I don't look for songs often enough to justify a subscription.
    I don't know the details of many plans. I send my $15 to napster each month, and am happy.

What's wrong with the allofmusic.com site they were talking about? It's just a moral choice on your part?
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    What's wrong with the allofmusic.com site they were talking about? It's just a moral choice on your part?
    What is that? The url doesn't go anywhere.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast