Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    In the field of economy: So banking and insurances are considered dubious at best, which makes it difficult to build a strong economy.
    I would think that the US's ever-growing debt ceiling would show the possible wisdom of not building a debt-based economy. Perhaps it is not as progressive, but it is also less vulnerable to current events.

The US economy is the biggest faith-based initaitive of all. There is no real value to money. It's only strength is the confidence of the participants in the trading game.
    What does it say about me that when I read the thread topic all I could picture was some lame super-hero?

I am AFGHAN MAN!!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    What does it say about me that when I read the thread topic all I could picture was some lame super-hero?

I am AFGHAN MAN!!!!
    It says that you are the "top of the bottom"
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom

I am AFGHAN MAN!!!!
    LOL thats just wrong...
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Not really very interesting or insightful, clulup. There has always been more wealth in the urban areas because that's where the major business centers are. There has always been more wealth on the coasts because that's where the major trade centers are.
    So why is it, in your view, that high-income places normally correlate with less influence of religion and more liberal thinking (such as New York and California)? Why is that in the US, the high-income places are liberal, with less religious influence than in the relatively poor, conservative areas in the South and Midwest?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Higher Education => higher income
    => more liberal tendencies
    => less influence of fundamentalist religion
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I am afraid, Bush speaking to him, which I think he did at this point,(I know Bush spoke to someone), will not help. Unfortunately these are people of such extremes! Death to non beleives hard to imagine. My heart goes out to him. take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    And what would I be jealous of? The way you are using your military power in Iraq? That Bush isn't my president? Please, name a few things.
    I am not sure what you are jealous of, only you can answer that question. Your replies sure sound like a junior high school kid who is jealous and is always trying to make the other person look bad so they look better in their own eyes. Pretty petty on your part though.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I am not sure what you are jealous of, only you can answer that question. Your replies sure sound like a junior high school kid who is jealous and is always trying to make the other person look bad so they look better in their own eyes. Pretty petty on your part though.
    Like you don't do the same...sounds like the pot calling the kettle black...as usual.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    So why is it, in your view, that high-income places normally correlate with less influence of religion and more liberal thinking (such as New York and California)? Why is that in the US, the high-income places are liberal, with less religious influence than in the relatively poor, conservative areas in the South and Midwest?
    I think you may find that it may not be only lack of religion but lack of family relationships and any recognized dependence on anything or anyone else besides themselves. Again, since this argument is totally based on nothing more than stereo typical observations, here is my answer as to why "Why is that in the US, the high-income places are liberal, with less religious influence":

Success ==> Earn more money & Gain more power in pro world and in local community or city ==> Increases self centered view of ones importance and independence ==> Less likely to recognize the need of any help or dependence on any outside influence be it people or God ==> As a result less religious, but also lesser importantance on family dependence and value, and other people's help and advice

So I would say that being less Religious in your scenario is just one single aspect of a much wider psychological and social result of success, money, and power.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Freedom is on the march? Or is that just rhetoric?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I am not sure what you are jealous of, only you can answer that question.
    So let me answer that question (since I am the only one capable of doing that): I am not jealous of anything, seriously, sorry. The US are a nice and (in many ways) successful country, but there are also quite a few shortcomings I would not want to trade in. Though I would say that the liberal parts of the US are maybe among the top five or so countries I would go to if I had to change.

I can understand you don't like what I write about Bush, I always said he was an error, just like the way Iraq was handled, but it's hardly my fault if it now turns out I was right.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Success ==> Earn more money & Gain more power in pro world and in local community or city ==> Increases self centered view of ones importance and independence ==> Less likely to recognize the need of any help or dependence on any outside influence be it people or God ==> As a result less religious, but also lesser importantance on family dependence and value, and other people's help and advice.
    So success leads to less religion, according to you? Could be true.
    I can understand you don't like what I write about Bush, I always said he was an error, just like the way Iraq was handled, but it's hardly my fault if it now turns out I was right.
    I think for a lot of people it is not an issue that you do not like Bush. I don't think it is an issue of you pointing out why you do not like Bush. I mostly see concerns expressed when your posts with any topic currently discussed is twisted in the US or Bush's fault in 90% of your posts in OT.

But I maybe putting words into other's mouths as that is my observation from other's posts.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Like you don't do the same...sounds like the pot calling the kettle black...as usual.
    Really, which country or leader do I blame for the ills of the world?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I think for a lot of people it is not an issue that you do not like Bush. I don't think it is an issue of you pointing out why you do not like Bush. I mostly see concerns expressed when your posts with any topic currently discussed is twisted in the US or Bush's fault in 90% of your posts in OT.

But I maybe putting words into other's mouths as that is my observation from other's posts.
    That is what I stated earlier, regardless of the topic he puts in his spin on why it is 1.) the fault of the President, or 2.) the fault of the US.

I really don't care if he likes the US, the President or his own mother.
    So success leads to less religion, according to you? Could be true.
    Yes, it can happen but when it does it also seems to be accompanied by the other behaviors of a self imposed view of independence.

I have personally seen it happen in the lives of those close to me. When they get power and money they show themselves in their own mind that they did it all by themselves, so there is no need for any help, support, inspiration, ect... from anyone or anything but themselves. I have also seen lead to tragic results to a formerly close relative.

But again, I have also seen several examples of those (by chance all of them do live in CA) who became very rich and powerful in their pro world who spend and dedicate their lives to helping others and listening to their points of view. They are very religous and act according the faith the embrace with the success, money, and power they have aquired.

Again, this is all stereo typical scenarios.
    Back to the thread topic, I'm afraid that the mullahs have made provocative statements asling the _people_ to kill this guy. So, even if he is released, he will be in danger, probably more so.

This will not go well with Bush's base (conservative Christians).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Back to the thread topic.
    Don't you just hate when when we OT posters go off topic?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast