Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    Awesome...
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  2. #22  
    Oh, no.... a sign of the end of the world = Big Bad Wolf & I agree!

    Well, we'll put a stop to that here:

    As to the Study that Conservatives are happier, (Energize your Stereotype Sarcasmizer)...

    <<extreme conservatives are much more likely to report being "very happy" than extreme liberals>>
    That's because we have the House, Senate, White House, and Sup.Court- we were not happy during the Clintonista years.

    <<Conservatives usually report being happier in their jobs than liberals.>>
    Because we have jobs that pay well (at least in the six figures), they are all either unemployed or working poorly-paid social welfare jobs.

    <<As to finances, in the 1998-2002 GSS 34% of extreme conservatives report being satisfied with their finances compared to 26.4% of extreme liberals.>>
    That's because we are all rich (with Hummers and sportscars in our huge garages), and they are all homeless.

    <<Conservatives usually tend to report less marital unhappiness than liberals.>>
    That's because we are at least married, they all shack up- oftentimes with their own gender no less!

    <<Earlier General Social Surveys found that conservatives were more satisfied with their health, their friendships, their family life, and the city or place they live--all in all, a remarkably consistent picture.>>
    Let's look at each of these...
    Health= no AIDs or STD's when you are celebate 'till married, then 100% faithful.
    Friendships= It's all those who we associate with only at our own country club!
    Family Life= 2.7 kids, one spouse for life, from the opposite gender.
    City or place they live= We never live in cities, how gross, just in our McMansions.

    <<Extreme conservatives were much less likely to report being mad at someone>>
    We aren't really mad at you libs, just feel sorry for your poor, deludeded souls.

    <<Extreme conservatives were also less likely to report being fearful>>
    That's because we are not complaining about how GWB has made the world less safe,
    and we don't frequent those bad areas of the big city you libs hang out in. Remember, we stay in our gated communities and never go far from the golf course or country club.

    <<a staggering one-quarter of extreme liberals report being mad at someone EVERY DAY>>
    They are all mad at President Bush, they even hate hearing the term "President" used to describe George W.

    = = =

    A slight problem with the above:
    Many of us (more than you may know) are not ( I repeat "Not" ) rich at all. Some of us actually have to work hard for a living, don't have gated community mansions, don't play golf or have country club memberships, we drive old cars 'til they die, then have to figure our where we'll get the money for the car's replacement. Some of us conservatives are actually- "Blue Collar", regular joes- who happen to see conservatism as better than liberalism. Is that Blasphemy?
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  3. #23  
    = = =

    A slight problem with the above:
    Many of us (more than you may know) are not ( I repeat "Not" ) rich at all. Some of us actually have to work hard for a living, don't have gated community mansions, don't play golf or have country club memberships, we drive old cars 'til they die, then have to figure our where we'll get the money for the car's replacement. Some of us conservatives are actually- "Blue Collar", regular joes- who happen to see conservatism as better than liberalism. Is that Blasphemy?[/QUOTE]

    Well put...oh no we agree again the end is surely on its way. I for one can't say I'm a poor liberal. I make very close to six figures...without my degree mind you. I drive a brand new SUV, bought my first home when I was 26. We live very nice "upper middle class" gated community. My wife and I work very hard for the things that we have. I mean I don't brag about money because of course there is never enough of it. I can see your point, I'm not uneducated, I don't work Blue Collar, yet my brothers who "when not fighting in wars" are blue collar type of guys. If you were to look at me you would most definitely think I was a mainstream conservative. I have many views some in "my party" would deem to be conservative, but ultimiately that doesn't define my beliefs. My wife and I like to enjoy what our careers bring to the table...so it does in fact go both ways, I just happen to believe in more Bleeding Heart Liberalism.

    Oh and by the way we are Latino (Spanish)...as ignorants would say "Y'all are Mexican?"
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  4. #24  
    Well, BBW, congrats- you make about double me, then. I work for a non-profit, so we don't get paid the going rate of commercial entities. Please don't spend too much of it on contributions to Hillary, O.K.?
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  5. naivete's Avatar
    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Just ran across this link while perusing Slate:
    Signs that Your Youngster May Be a Conservative
    So, there are natural born extremists afterall.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    Well, BBW, congrats- you make about double me, then. I work for a non-profit, so we don't get paid the going rate of commercial entities. Please don't spend too much of it on contributions to Hillary, O.K.?
    Oh God I'd vote for McCain before I vote for Hillary...believe it or not I like McCain, he's a pretty "honest" as I use that word loosely with politicians but he's a stand up guy.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  7. #27  
    There's no measure of degree from the snippet I read. Could this be one of those cases where the differences, while statistically significant, are practically meaningless?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Awesome...
    Thanks! I thought so.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    Well, BBW, congrats- you make about double me, then. I work for a non-profit, so we don't get paid the going rate of commercial entities. Please don't spend too much of it on contributions to Hillary, O.K.?
    He he. His initials are BBW.

    By the way, here's one for the books. People like to stereotype others, but we have here an SUV-driving, suburban liberal and a conservative who works for a non-profit organization.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Thanks! I thought so.
    Oh, did you think that was meant towards you???
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Oh, did you think that was meant towards you???
    Of course. I knew how much you'd like my article proving that Conservatices are happier than Liberals.
    Last edited by hoovs; 03/22/2006 at 10:51 AM.
  12. #32  
    If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands...

    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Of course. I knew how much you'd like my article proving that Canservatices are happier than Liberals.
    Oh brother...I don't know about proving anything but more conservative BS but hey whatever toots your horn pal.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands...

  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Oh brother...I don't know about proving anything but more conservative BS but hey whatever toots your horn pal.
    Sorry, the truth hurts I know. But this was a non-partisan academic survey with no political axe to grind.
  16. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Oh brother...I don't know about proving anything but more conservative BS but hey whatever toots your horn pal.
    So the first study was scientifc proof, yet the second was BS????

    Come on, both surveys are meaningless as most surveys are. You tell me what you want a survey to say, pay me to write the questions, the possible choices for answers, determine who to ask or follow and I will give you the answers you want.

    But, to applaud one and cry about the other, looks like if we follow the fisrt line of logic you are very conservative.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Sorry, the truth hurts I know. But this was a non-partisan academic survey with no political axe to grind.
    No axe to grind, I was merely pointing out the fact that you live in your own fantasy island where Conservatives actually do something constructive...In actuality I was giving the thumbs up to Bill Gamble...but I thought even you Hoovs would get it...Oh well life goes on.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    No axe to grind, I was merely pointing out the fact that you live in your own fantasy island where Conservatives actually do something constructive...In actuality I was giving the thumbs up to Bill Gamble...but I thought even you Hoovs would get it...Oh well life goes on.
    Regarding the thumbs up, I'm not surprised that through your unhappiness you were unable to detect my humor.
  19. #39  
    BOTH OF YOU, STOP YOUR WHINING!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    BOTH OF YOU, STOP YOUR WHINING!!!
    He started it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions