Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there have been other similar links posted over the years, but here is a newer one. Answer ten questions and see were you fall on the Liberal / Conservative scale.

Here is actually where it put me:

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I didn't even bother to finish the quiz. It's choices of options are, in too many cases, designed to be very polarizing, and don't allow any sort of nuanced response. Take the abortion question, for example. The "Pro Choice" options are any abortion, any time, or any abortion except partial birth, any time. I don't think most pro-choice people really believe either of those positions. No one that I know believes abortion at 8.5 months should be legal, for example.

The homosexuality question isn't much better. In fact, I think only the Ten Commandements question had an answer that I could agree with completely.

Maybe that's why we've become so polarized as a society. Hardly anyone's willing to put in the effort to really THINK about the nuances of complex issues. It's easier to just take a knee-jerk, Good/Bad, lib/con stand.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    There's also the fact that people want easy uncomplicated answers and have trouble thinking in terms of anything that isn't black and white. If you lost your job, or were disabled and couldn't work your infant child was starving would you steal or otherwise skirt the law to feed him / her ? If the answer is yes, what is the greater cost to society ?

A. Welfare
    B. The increased cost of police, jails, insurance, etc ?

The stolen $800 car radio gets the thief what $25...wouldn't it just be cheaper to give him $25.....then deal with a $1500 insurance claim, all lost wages while victim and insurance process the claim ?

Granted the system has to be good enough to stop abuse and include job training and all that goes with it but there is no counterpoint to the strict economic argument.

I find it ironic that I come out like Hobbes on that scale while considering myself a strict constitutionalist. Jefferson must be doing pinwheels in his grave.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 03/18/2006 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I know there have been other similar links posted over the years, but here is a newer one. Answer ten questions and see were you fall on the Liberal / Conservative scale.
    I only had seven questions.

And three I "did not care."
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Yeah, there were very few answers that I agreed with completely, so I selected "did not care" for several.
    I got the same result as Hobbes and samkim but given the possible responses, the quiz was pretty pointless.
    for what its worth mine was the same is insertion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Mine too.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Far-Left Liberal

5430 other people got this result!
    This quiz has been taken 27978 times.
    19% of people had this result.

I prefer to think of myself as a compassionate moderate liberal. Labels; who needs 'em?

Hey Woof?!?! Haven't seen you for a while. Where you been?
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    conservative

8884 other people got this result
    This quiz has been taken 27981 times.
    32% of people had this result.
    I'm sooooo far left on the scale I'm touching the right conservative side!
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    I'm sooooo far left on the scale I'm touching the right conservative side!
    Stop touching me d@mnit
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Me too, and I'm a Dem
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Damn hoovs

And I was just starting to like you...

My test came out the same as our resident primate....CONSERVATIVE..

I'll try to post the result when I am done driving..

Chuck
    What a worthless web page. And i can't believe I'm commenting on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Damn hoovs

And I was just starting to like you...

My test came out the same as our resident primate....CONSERVATIVE..

I'll try to post the result when I am done driving..

Chuck

Okay, you caught me. I faked the my test results to look like a liberal. It was rather easy... I just thought about a man, and then removed reason and accountability.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast