Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    Okay...okay. Hero to some , no Hero to others . Is this okay with everybody???
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Okay...okay. Hero to some , no Hero to others . Is this okay with everybody???
    Blessed are the peacemakers....
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Not as sad as I am for you. Because your political beliefs fall on one side, you completely disregard child killing. I guess to you, its alot worse to bull doze somebodies home, than it is to kill a child.

    With that being said, Its sad that Corrie was killed. But I say again, she was no hero.
    She lit a candle instead of cursing the darkness. She was non-violent. She did not condone, enable or encourage the violence you mention.
  4. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #24  
    She did not condone, enable or encourage the violence you mention.
    Yep, she totally ignored it.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Yep, she totally ignored it.
    Not sure this is a solid conclusion. Often, when there is so much that is wrong, one must pick a place to start (i.e. how do you eat an elephant?). Any good that she brought, brought good to the whole.

    Whether her efforts brought good, may be up for debate. But to dismiss her efforts outright because of the battleground she selected, seems unjust.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Not sure this is a solid conclusion. Often, when there is so much that is wrong, one must pick a place to start (i.e. how do you eat an elephant?). Any good that she brought, brought good to the whole.

    Whether her efforts brought good, may be up for debate. But to dismiss her efforts outright because of the battleground she selected, seems unjust.
    Which brings to the point of who is the lessor of the evils? I mean no matter what side you do chose, you'll be on the "wrong side"...know what I mean jelly bean?
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  7. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #27  
    Not sure this is a solid conclusion. Often, when there is so much that is wrong, one must pick a place to start (i.e. how do you eat an elephant?). Any good that she brought, brought good to the whole.
    I totally disagree. What good did she bring to the whole? Imagine what it could have been if while protesting for the Pals. if she actually also spoke up against the violence and misery that "her side" also caused. Instead, she ignored it.

    A "hero" as Dat calls her would have done that.
  8. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #28  
    Just think of where we could be if Rosa Parks had stood in front of a moving bus. I am so happy she took the route she did instead of performing a suicide protest.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Just think of where we could be if Rosa Parks had stood in front of a moving bus. I am so happy she took the route she did instead of performing a suicide protest.
    Then again I don't think it would have mattered since they wouldn't have convicted the bus driver anyway. Look at the what happenend back in the south when the Ku Klux Klowns used to violently harass african americans. They'd lynch and kill and no jury would find them guilty. I agree though there are other ways to make a stand and prove your point but this was something she felt she had to do.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  10. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Then again I don't think it would have mattered since they wouldn't have convicted the bus driver anyway. Look at the what happenend back in the south when the Ku Klux Klowns used to violently harass african americans. They'd lynch and kill and no jury would find them guilty. I agree though there are other ways to make a stand and prove your point but this was something she felt she had to do.
    And, do you know the punishment of the bullozer operator. None. It was determined that he was doing his job, and someone committed suicide, if Rosa had stepped in front of a moving bus doing 45 MPH, well why would the driver be convicted of anything?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  11. #31  
    True
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
  12. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #32  
    Somehow, I have a hard time believing that Rosa Parks would say nothing if African Americans started blowing up white children in protest.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions