Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    His family says necessary treatment was denied. I tend to think it might have been that(because he would have had to travel and you know they probably didn't want him out of their sight), plus stress. But you never know.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    So basically, since you'll never know if he's met your stipulations or not, you'll never be able to forgive him?
    Doesn't really matter if he meets them(stipulations) or not, while I am alive. Not in my lifetime would he be able to meet those stipulations anyways, maybe way later in the after-life he meet those stips. Seeing as how he killed what 14.000 people cause they were of different heritage(non-serb), I can see him taking heat for next 14 millenarian trying to ask for forgiveness from the victims.

Disclaimer: Long night last night so the neurons and synapses aren't firing like they should. I will revisit this thread later today to see if I should edit some of these posts.
    I'm almost certain he didn't get the treatment he needed. He suffered in a jail cell, until he died, and that's that. For all we know though, the guy was murdered.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Remember: the higher your post count or the longer you've been on the site, the more your opinion matters. If you're new, and have an opinion that goes against the grain, or if you don't go along with the more respected members, prepare to be compared to Slinky/Blaze Don't forget it. Oh, and another thing, don't question any of this site's techincal gurus. You're apparently supposed to be aware of their 'guru' status, and automatically accept everything they say.
    Your sig line is a little facetious, don't you think, I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Your sig line is a little facetious, don't you think, I do?
    Actually, it's pretty fitting for how I've been treated lately.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  6.    #26  
    Just saw this on CNN's website (for what it's worth):

"CNN BREAKING NEWS: Serbian state TV quotes Serbian officials familiar with the autopsy saying Slobodan Milosevic died of sudden, massive heart attack."
    I'm not surprised, it's close to what I expected because of lack of treatment. On TV they did say they will check into claims of poisoning, they want to verify how the heart attack happened.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I'm not surprised, it's close to what I expected because of lack of treatment.
    Which kind of treatment did he lack, and according to whom?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    He needed to be treated for heart problems, but they wouldn't let him go to Russia to get it, so say reports on cable news. Like I said above, I bet it's because they didn't want him out of their site. If he'd been allowed to go to Russia, who knows if an escape or something else would have been planned?

I'm not going to miss this guy at all. But it seems weird that he gets so much attention while the killing of Serbs and looting and then burning of scores of Serbian Orthodox churches after Milosevic was ousted gets nary a peep. People seem to forget that there are two sides of this conflict. And I can't help but feeling that if the roles were reversed there would be much more focus on the instability in the region. Hey, I don't have to wonder, I know. Look at all of the attention Iraq gets.
    He needed to be treated for heart problems, but they wouldn't let him go to Russia to get it, so say reports on cable news.
    Not letting a prisoner fly to a foreign country has nothing to do with not treating his health problems. After all, Russia is not exactly known for a superior health system in comparison to the Netherlands.

It's fairly possible that Milosevic would have preferred treatment in a health resort on the Krim to the trial in Den Haag, but this is something he should have considered while orchestrating genocide in former Yugoslavia. Hopefully his death in prison will make future dictators think twice.

That his followers would claim foul play was to be expected regardless of the circumstances of his death, there is no need to support this as long as there is no evidence at all for anything else but a heart attack.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    yeah, this guy was a criminal of the worst kind. I can understand your sentiments or wishes for those who pass away, shannon. but milosevic was not one who deserves your regards. he was known as "the butcher", and someone like that doesn't deserve to rest in peace.
    I would wholeheartedly agree with you if we were talking about john fox, who was killed as a hostage in iraq. He was,genuinely, a good person.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I'm not going to miss this guy at all. But it seems weird that he gets so much attention while the killing of Serbs and looting and then burning of scores of Serbian Orthodox churches after Milosevic was ousted gets nary a peep. People seem to forget that there are two sides of this conflict. And I can't help but feeling that if the roles were reversed there would be much more focus on the instability in the region. Hey, I don't have to wonder, I know. Look at all of the attention Iraq gets.
    I'm not going to miss him either. I was just reporting what they said on the news about him being refused treatment in Russia.

I'm not going to miss him either. I was just reporting what they said on the news about him being refused treatment in Russia.
    Oh, yeah, I know. My post was more in reference to the corporate silence of the US MSM with regard to the crimes now being perpetrated on the Serbs.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12