1.    #1  
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It's just so horrible. And for what? I was over there, and let me tell you, stuff like this made me on edge all day every day. I could never sleep. I'll never be the same, and I thank my lucky stars that I'm able to post here today. I can't tell you how weird it is, as an aircraft maintenance technician, to have a pistol on your hip, and actually have to use it.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    From the same article:
    In the three years since the U.S.-led coalition invaded Iraq, insurgents have kidnapped at least 250 foreigners and killed at least 40 of them.
    Its incredibly dangerous and evidently they moved about without any bodyguards/protection.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Why the hell are we trying to help these ppl? Let them have a civil war, let them kill themselves instead of reporters and solders...

Dumb ****3rs...
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Why the hell are we trying to help these ppl? Let them have a civil war, let them kill themselves instead of reporters and solders...

Dumb ****3rs...
    Most of these people aren't Iraqis. They're Syrians, Jordanians, Saudis, etc. typing to spark the civil war.
    Having said that, what the heck did these cockroaches think would be accomplished by torturing this guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk

Dumb ****3rs...
    The people that need the help aren't the people interested in a civil war.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    The people that need the help aren't the people interested in a civil war.
    Sure about that? I mean, did you ask them? It's up to them to decide what side they're on, and whichever it is, it does appear to matter to them. a lot. a civil war lot.

Also, if they need help, they're not asking us for it. As recently as october, 82% of iraqis polled stated they are "strongly opposed" to the presence of coalition troops. And between 45-65% of believe attacks against british and americans are justified. See here. I agree with bigredgpk, we should definately step out of there or at least give them a timeframe, as an incentive for them to start putting their futures into their own hands.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I love it when the news media leaks things they couldn't possibly prove--like a "secret" government poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Most of these people aren't Iraqis. They're Syrians, Jordanians, Saudis, etc. typing to spark the civil war.
    Says who, got any sources?

Foreign militants - mainly from Algeria, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia - account for less than 10% of the estimated 30,000 insurgents, according to the Washington-based Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS).
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...576666,00.html
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Says who, got any sources?
    I was specifically talking about "these people", meaning the people thought to be involved in these kidnappings (not insurgents as a whole). Many of these splinter groups of Sunni jihadists are either sponsored by aQ linked groups or the Egyptian born Ikhwan (Muslim Brotherhood). In fact, some of the home-grown Iraqi insurgents have turned against the foreign fighters for going too far.

http://www.economist.com/world/displ...ory_id=5213863
    http://www.worldthreats.com/middle_e...%20Reviled.htm
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Oct12.html

Links taken from Wikipedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Sure about that? I mean, did you ask them? It's up to them to decide what side they're on, and whichever it is, it does appear to matter to them. a lot. a civil war lot.

Also, if they need help, they're not asking us for it. As recently as october, 82% of iraqis polled stated they are "strongly opposed" to the presence of coalition troops. And between 45-65% of believe attacks against british and americans are justified. See here. I agree with bigredgpk, we should definately step out of there or at least give them a timeframe, as an incentive for them to start putting their futures into their own hands.
    The original story of this thread is about a Christian man who was in Bagdad as a missionary. Your mentioning of poll indicates that you think I am talking about whether Iraqi's want military (or other type of) help and I am saying that this man was there to serve people who are interested in God's help.

But to address your other points...I agree we need to get out of Iraq and Im not sure that we should have been there to begin with. I think the Iraqi security forces are learning and making some strides towards 'self-policing' without the US hand-holding them...but they are a ways off from complete independence.

13. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    This is the kind of thing I pray for every day. It is really rough stuff. When I finally commission as a Chaplain I hope to be able to help out in some small way.