Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Apparently, I'm the only one who wasn't.
    You suck at teH root viewings!
    Last edited by Insertion; 03/11/2006 at 05:42 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You suck at teH root viewings!
    Nice... er... roots.
    Charter a private boat through the eastern carribean. private, relaxing, go where you want when you want... and best of all theres a boat
    Nice... er... roots.
    Thank you I'll keep my eyes open for more when I'm on vacation.
  5.    #25  
    So I've been browsing around and considering my options, and I think I've narrowed it down to two: Spain or Italy (specifically, southern Spain (Andalusia--love that Moopish architecture) or central-western Italy (Naples, etc)). I figure I could spend the first week farting around the touristy places and then go to one of the islands the second week and just relax. So, now the decision...

I figure that with regard to the important factors (girls and food) I can't go wrong either way. I've heard the countryside in Spain is not much different than Southern California. On the other hand, car travel and communications will definitely be easier in Spain.
    So I've been browsing around and considering my options, and I think I've narrowed it down to two: Spain or Italy (specifically, southern Spain (Andalusia--love that Moopish architecture) or central-western Italy (Naples, etc)). I figure I could spend the first week farting around the touristy places and then go to one of the islands the second week and just relax. So, now the decision...

I figure that with regard to the important factors (girls and food) I can't go wrong either way. I've heard the countryside in Spain is not much different than Southern California. On the other hand, car travel and communications will definitely be easier in Spain.
    Unfortunately I have never been to Spain. However, I did live in Naples for 3 years. Lots of places to check out there. Driving there is awesome. If you spend one week in Naples you will need that second week to relax in a place like Capri. Depending on your schedule, I would recommend driving down to the Amalfi Coast.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi

Unfortunately I have never been to Spain. However, I did live in Naples for 3 years. Lots of places to check out there. Driving there is awesome. If you spend one week in Naples you will need that second week to relax in a place like Capri. Depending on your schedule, I would recommend driving down to the Amalfi Coast.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Yeah, thanks. Your earlier suggestion about Capri is what got me thinking about it. And I definitely want to drive while I'm there. I'm not the kind of person to follow a scheduled tour.
    I hear there are stunning women in Italy...with hairy armpits.

Three days...I can't wait to get out of here and relax.
  10.    #30  
    Woohoo! Hope you have fun. Bring back pics.

By the way, thanks for the visual. I'll let you know if its true.
    Las Vegas
    Woohoo! Hope you have fun. Bring back pics.

By the way, thanks for the visual. I'll let you know if its true.
    A couple of Hawaii pics

I went with my brother, his fiance and my backpacking friend. Weather was actually good for us even though there has been a record amount of rainfall this month.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    A couple of Hawaii pics

I went with my brother, his fiance and my backpacking friend. Weather was actually good for us even though there has been a record amount of rainfall this month.
    Very nice! It looks like you had a great time... especially at that luau! Man, that looked like one crazy bunch! And I see you're sporting a new tattoo. I didn't see any swelling though. Are you sure that's not just one of those stick on ones?

Oh yeah, that sunset looked awesome.
    The tat's definitely real. It's prickling like crazy tonight.

I do NOT want to go back to work tomorrow.
    A couple of Hawaii pics

I saw those this morning on my Treo. Thanks for the reminder, first time I've seen them on a normal monitor.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16.    #36  
    The tat's definitely real. It's prickling like crazy tonight.

I do NOT want to go back to work tomorrow.
    Yeah, that's the hard part about vacations. Hey, you could've been like crazy girl and just stayed.
    cancun!!! rates are low, no big spring break crowds like other years and the weather is nice.

you can visit the ruins (many sites) scuba dive, nightlife, and maybe swing by Merida, a nice colonial city with many museums.

But I would rather go to Spain or Italy...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Yeah, that's the hard part about vacations. Hey, you could've been like crazy girl and just stayed.
    Crazy girl had better places to be. Like in the land of crystal meth.

There were lots of hippie types there. One of the women was telling me that the volcano draws all sorts of healers and alternative lifestyle people.

As one of them said to another while getting off the elevator, "Blessings".
  19.    #39  
    Frank's post reminded me that I hadn't given an update. I ended up deciding on Playa del Carmen.

Thanks everyone for the tips.
    Okay, it's been two years since I've had a decent vacation (wait, its actually been two and a half. Crap, now I'm depressed). Anyway, its high time I take a vacation and I'm thinking April/May-ish depending on where I go. I'm half tempted to go someplace I can take my Treo but that's not a necessity (as noted on another thread, my Treo has been doing so well it deserves a vacation of its own).

So I'm looking for ideas of where to go. Do I do something more out of the way like Australia/New Zealand? Europe's kind of pricey but I've heard Croatia's become a nice inexpensive vacation destination. Or do I go someplace closer? I'm not too much into the touristy stuff but a few days on a Cabo beach sounds pretty good right now. What do you guys think? I'm open to suggestions.
    go to las vegas. trust me. you'll love it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast