Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Last edited by naivete; 03/08/2006 at 04:51 PM.
    Why is it trash?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    There's already enough racism in this world. This show is just gonna make things worse.
    I don't think its trash, I think this should have been done long ago. People are still ignorant about being racist. Besides it makes for some interesting and compromising situations.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    What's it even about? The link is about as vague as your initial post.

I see a black family, and a white family, so...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    They trade races. With special effects makeup a white family is turned black, and vice versa. They go on with their lives and find out how they are treated in the real world. Then again if its not your cup of tea...DON'T WATCH IT. If you don't see the program...DON'T COMMENT ON IT. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    They trade races. With special effects makeup a white family is turned black, and vice versa. They go on with their lives and find out how they are treated in the real world.
    Oh...so it's another one of those un-reality shows? Like the one where some rich Beverly Hills woman goes to live in a trailer in Arkansas for a week?

Well, other than it being another stoopid trading places type of show, just going by what you've said, big deal. Like you said, if anything, it'll point out differences.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    If done properly, it'll be an interesting comment on how the US is still more racist than we'd like to admit. From the reviews I've read, the participants may have been selected as a 'not best of breed' example.

Done on PBS, I think I'd be more interested in it...
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    They trade races. With special effects makeup a white family is turned black, and vice versa. They go on with their lives and find out how they are treated in the real world. Then again if its not your cup of tea...DON'T WATCH IT. If you don't see the program...DON'T COMMENT ON IT. Simple as that.
    Dude, WTF is with the angst? Crap, I was just asking what it's about. Lighten up.

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    That's like saying PRETEND NOTHING HAPPENED or FORGET ABOUT IT. I heard that a lot from folks who try to keep the racism under wraps. From the show producers, I understand that their intention is to draw awareness to these differences, but I disagree. I think it will backfire, creating a class of people, each with a victim mentality, constantly thinking, "Am I being treated like that". There's just gonna be more hatred.
    Just remember racism works both ways..........................
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Dude, WTF is with the angst? Crap, I was just asking what it's about. Lighten up.
    That the wasn't toward you Insertion, it was just a mere comment for those who bash it without knowing what its about. Thats all. I've had my 3 little piggies today so I'm happy today!
    That the wasn't toward you Insertion, it was just a mere comment for those who bash it without knowing what its about. Thats all. I've had my 3 little piggies today so I'm happy today!
    Okay, no problem then.

Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    There's already enough racism in this world. This show is just gonna make things worse.
    No, this has been done before. It shows people just how different things really can be for BOTH sides. You really don't know racism until you experience it for real. Or you may not truly realize the automatic respect some people get, due simply to skin color.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Amen Speaking of course as a minority
    Until things like the NAACP, Equal Opportunity, the Negro College Fund, and Black History Month cease to exist I don't want to hear anyone whine about racism.
    A clueless person, I see.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Until things like the NAACP, Equal Opportunity, the Negro College Fund, and Black History Month cease to exist I don't want to hear anyone whine about racism.
    When people are admitted to college equally regardless of race, hired, fired, and paid equally regardless of race, and the history of all people and cultures are equally represented in history classes, then and only then will those organizations cease to exist.
    To give preferential treatment to an individual based on race is racist just like the converse, to discriminate is also racist.

I'm sorry that you're uneducated, perhaps you should review http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=racist

The politically correct (aka, worthless) opinion regarding racism is that it's not racist to give preferential treatment to a minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster
    When people are admitted to college equally regardless of race, hired, fired, and paid equally regardless of race, and the history of all people and cultures are equally represented in history classes, then and only then will those organizations cease to exist.
    We're talking then about the cessation of racism, until then, things like these organizations promote racism by treating one race favorably over another race, like it or not.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast