1.    #1  
    So I finally got my own domain name.

I am looking for a place to host basic simple webpage. Maybe with some storage.

For email, I am currently forwarding the email to my fastmail account but given the downtime today, i am going to migrate to everyone.net.

Any ideas?
    optonline.net comes with increased "business" broadband speeds if available in your area @ $15 a month over service.

1and1.com is cheep....as low as $5 a month
    I host all my Web sites through 1and1.com
    They're huge and offer something for everyone.
    Great packages for beginners too.
    you can always point your URL to a Blog for free... No storage though except pictures. For free storage you can point to a file hosting site.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Godaddy.com, cheap yet effective hosting for small sites. A domain web email account is included.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I tend to prefer smaller webhosts to larger ones such as Godaddy though I am a bit biased. The real reason for that is the kind of personal service you receive with them.

It is entirely possible to use everyone.net email with a webhosting account somewhere else. Just ask your webhost if they support custom MX records (most do) and they will be able to point all of your email to everyone.net. You might also consider asking if they use clustered DNS with servers in different datacentres for redundancy. This will ensure that your email will not go down if one of their servers goes down.

Many things to consider. If you have any more questions just ask. I'm sure quite a few of us can answer them.
    Zach Roberts
    Director - Lifeless People Networks Ltd.
    http://www.lifelesspeople.com/ - Pay by Post™ Webhosting
    If several small web hosts I knew of didn't suddenly disappear and take sites down with them, OR alter sites just to be vindictive, I might have gone with one too. I saw what happened to others and I can't take that chance.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    If several small web hosts I knew of didn't suddenly disappear and take sites down with them, OR alter sites just to be vindictive, I might have gone with one too. I saw what happened to others and I can't take that chance.
    I'm not suprised to read that and quite honestly I've seen it happen before too. The key thing to remember is that the webhosting industry is made up of tens of thousands of webhosting providers and a few bad apples doesn't ruin the tree.
    Zach Roberts
    Director - Lifeless People Networks Ltd.
    http://www.lifelesspeople.com/ - Pay by Post™ Webhosting